Add Pirates Overlay Problem

Treasurer

Site Founder
add_pirates.gif

There is a problem with the overlay, won't scroll down in smaller screen resolutions. As you can see on the screen shot the scroll bar is all the way down , but yet can't see the buttons, and some fields..

does the overlay uses jquery?
Technically, it uses the jQuery Tools' overlay system. It's implementation is done by XenForo, and not myself, and is a standard part of their framework. I did not have to write any JS to achieve the overlay effect, it's done with a simple CSS class.

In the next version I'll add a "Can't see the whole form?" link that will open the form in its own page.
https://piratesforums.co/pirates/add

I wrote a overlay effect that if you think you can implement it might solve the problem... it scrolls along with the scroll bar, and loads the content either through defined content or ajax, do you think it could be used?

Possibly..
The current system is integrated so that links with an "OverlayTrigger" class will be opened in overlays. It makes an AJAX call, and uses JSON returned by the XenForo framework to load the css/js files required by the template. How does yours pull content via AJAX? Does it use JSON?

Arguably this issue should be raised with XenForo, since it is a problem with their implementation.

Better yet, since anyone viewing it in an overlay has javascript enabled, I can use some js magic to redirect to the standalone page if the screen size isn't large enough.

Possibly..
The current system is integrated so that links with an "OverlayTrigger" class will be opened in overlays. It makes an AJAX call, and uses JSON returned by the XenForo framework to load the css/js files required by the template. How does yours pull content via AJAX? Does it use JSON?

Arguably this issue should be raised with XenForo, since it is a problem with their implementation.

:confused:face says it all

When I first joined, I noticed the issue but...all I had to do was zoom out the page of my screen to 75% instead of 100% :D

Yeah that's what I did. Well, not to 75% I zoomed out to like 90% or 85% and it fixed the problem for me. Like most everyone else I didn't get most of the stuff that was being discussed lol. Punching random buttons usually works well for me...sometimes it doesn't but then it creates a good laugh.

Just to update..

I have changed this so that the overlay will now scroll. I have also fixed a bug with adding pictures, and another where square images weren't filling the card correctly.

Back