Suggestion Adding Getting REP points for repairing!

Burnwalker

Sea Legs
REPAIRING - Nobody likes repairing, but a way to make it more fun and to make more people to repair is giving Rep points for repairing! It would make more people repair your ship while its on fire instead of your crew only sitting on cannons with nobody repairing while your ship is slowly sinking, this new feature will make people actually repair your ship while earning rep from doing it since nobody likes to repair.

EXAMPLE - My sister when we're on my ship or on a public ship shes usually the only person repairing with every other crew mate on cannons not worrying about your ship sinking and losing the loot.

Thank you all for reading! Please add this new feature!

My sister when we're on my ship or on a public ship shes usually the only person repairing with every other crew mate on cannons not worrying about your ship sinking and losing the loot.
Whenever I go out on a public ship i ALWAYS make sure that the ship doesn't go down sadly, i am usually one of the only ones to do this. one time i was on a war sloop and i literally spent the entire run in the repair window making sure that the boat didn't end up at the bottom, along with all the treasure:). It would be great to get extra rep for this, maybe even a new skill category that when you have a higher level your repairs do more, or maybe higher levels mean that you can earn like hammers or something that help in repairing. all i know is is that captains need to make sure they give the ones repairing some love out on the sea

I think repairing should have its own skill index like fishing. Repairing could come with sailing and cannon passive benefits.

Maybe even a repair leveling system that fluctuates a repair bonus based on how often you repair, maybe an additional 15% - 25% repair bonus could do some good, and if rep is still considered, a lite 10 - 15 Rep would be fine, repairing is only as doable as the hull's damage.

Maybe even a repair leveling system that fluctuates a repair bonus based on how often you repair, maybe an additional 15% - 25% repair bonus could do some good, and if rep is still considered, a lite 10 - 15 Rep would be fine, repairing is only as doable as the hull's damage.
This is something I'd thought about making a thread to suggest it, and as such, I fully support this idea!

I think repairing should have its own skill index like fishing. Repairing could come with sailing and cannon passive benefits.
NO! Ya'll are forgetting that a repairing level would break SvS. I'm all for adding replay value into the game, but this wouldn't be perfect without some side effects...Unless there is something that could be done about repairing in SvS...

I don't think rewards for repairing should be implemented. In my opinion, the fact that there's an ability to keep the ship afloat and the loot intact is rewarding enough.

Never have I had a crewmate who declined repairing or did not repair at a crucial moment to prevent the ship from sinking. This is because they know that their loot and potential rep is at risk.

Cons:
  • Repairing would be abused for rep. If the rep was made too little to prevent it being abused, people wouldn't repair for rep
  • It wouldn't be rewarding for Lv. 50 players

I totally support this as well.
I also am usually the one constantly on repairs on my own even though there is most of the time 10 people on board..most stay on cannon and others just jump around the ship.

This may encourage others crew members to repair as well and repairs are much faster with more doing it.
I feel bad when I'm on abassa and lagging so bad I simply can't repair because I miss time everything and I always hope those with faster computers would help the captain by repairing.

NO! Ya'll are forgetting that a repairing level would break SvS. I'm all for adding replay value into the game, but this wouldn't be perfect without some side effects...Unless there is something that could be done about repairing in SvS...
A simple workaround so that SvS repairs don't receive XP for repairs, rather just a marginal Repair consistency bonus if mates are in theory assigned as a repairer, as SvS is highly competitive. People already attempt poorly to "farm", it's a wasted effort.

That would be awesome. I'm all for that. Perhaps there can be special items. Perhaps people with higher levels can give a bonus to the strength of the repair. etc.

Back