Suggestion Additional poker varieties

Should this be added?

• are you out of your mind? of course not.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Sure, more variety can't hurt.

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

Mathias

Wanted Pirate
One of the things that annoys me about the parlor games is that not all types are available in all taverns, some have both, some only have blackjack, and the rest only have Texas Hold 'em. This is where the idea of more poker varieties comes into play, possibly something like the Omaha style, with higher blinds to match the less liberal rules. Omaha Hold 'em is similar to Texas hold 'em by account of there being 5 community cards, but differs in the amount of hole cards being four instead of two, and that one is required to use exactly two of their hole cards and 3 community cards. For more information, you can read up on the wikipedia page of the game, here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_hold_'em

I would like to see more variations of poker, except a lot of other people only know Texas Hold'em so it might not appeal to a lot of the community.

Texas Hold'em in pirates of the Caribbean online

I know in the game it's called Tortuga Hold 'em, but it's a carbon copy of Texas Hold 'em, the two hole cards and the ability to use any combination of 5 cards to form the best possible hand, not that it's recommended, but you could use exclusively the community cards.

I would like to see more variations of poker, except a lot of other people only know Texas Hold'em so it might not appeal to a lot of the community.

I'm aware that not many people are aware of other varieties, except possibly for five card draw poker, but other varieties could be fun and higher stakes would draw in players like me with over 90k in their pockets. Another concern would be programming it, but they could take a look into the codebase of various video poker games with the Omaha ruleset.

I know in the game it's called Tortuga Hold 'em, but it's a carbon copy of Texas Hold 'em, the two hole cards and the ability to use any combination of 5 cards to form the best possible hand, not that it's recommended, but you could use exclusively the community cards.

I'm aware that not many people are aware of other varieties, except possibly for five card draw poker, but other varieties could be fun and higher stakes would draw in players like me with over 90k in their pockets. Another concern would be programming it, but they could take a look into the codebase of various video poker games with the Omaha ruleset.
I would like to see five-card and seven-card stud added. They're simple and fun!

(Imagine reading this in the most COD/Nostalgic voice.)

VERY GOOD IDEA! I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY GOLDFISH AND SOLITAIRE IN TLOPO, TOO! MAYBE EVEN crap, WAR, EGYPTIAN RAPSLAP, AND UNO! UNO IS A VERY FUN GAME!

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

how about competitive blackjack and poker? kind of like svs and pvp. but of course cheat cards wouldn't be allowed.

Egyptian rapslap? Don't you mean Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-4th-dimensional-hypercube-chess-strip-poker? Aka a children's card game by the name of Yu-Gi-Oh! :D

how about competitive blackjack and poker? kind of like svs and pvp. but of course cheat cards wouldn't be allowed.

I don't see how we could make BlackJack competitive as it's a game between you and the dealer. Poker on the other hand may require something like a buy-in price, or a bet slider. There's also some bugs that need to be worked out before competitive/high stakes get inplemented.

I don't see how we could make BlackJack competitive as it's a game between you and the dealer. Poker on the other hand may require something like a buy-in price, or a bet slider. There's also some bugs that need to be worked out before competitive/high stakes get inplemented.
I was actually thinking the dealer would't play and instead just deal, that way it would be full on player vs player

Im only lvl 6, but i cant even find a black jack game. Poker is locked, would someone mind explaining the details of this to me? Id love to participate in these side game!

Back