Adjustable Sail trim

So the premise of this suggestion is to make Pirates able to trim their sails to achieve a desired speed (IE the ship I am wanting to broadside travels 5 knots but I have to constantly stop and start sails to keep this pace to broadside it properly, instead of being able to adjust my sail trim to match it's speed)

Other games have similar features that would work great, even some official disney PotC games now have this feature. Would be a great addition to add strategy to th game

Jason. I read your post with much interest. But based on what I've witnessed over the years in sailing tlopo, the enemy ships are generally given a pass on real time ship reality for in game convenience and time playablity. For example, watching hunters and sotl in group battles, you see them zipping by at like 50 knots from whatever island they respawn from. Although they slow down once engaged in battle, sometimes almost half across the map. Given the mobbing technique employed by almost everybody in tlopo, one could be waiting minutes for a enemy to chugg from Royal to Kingshead where the mob is.
Since this mechanic is in play in different scenarios, and trimming the sails is a good idea, I'm not sure if something like this could be put into tlopo in a working and practical way. Would giving us trimming, effect enemy parameters? If not, perhaps this could be a nice addition to sailing abilities.

I like your concept. Could the dev's make it happen? Only they know.

I wasn't suggesting changing AI ships much if any, mostly just allowing Pirates the ability to trim sails for easier maneuvers and less "arghh I went too far now I have to circle dance to get back in broadside range"

AI movements would probably not be affected by this

Back