Discussion Advantages of medium ships?

CharlotteIronPhoenix

Honorable Pirate
I've just gained access to purchasing war ships and I was wondering if there were any advantages to keeping my medium class ships (aside from them possibly being harder to his due to smaller size). Obviously the war ships have more firepower but are they as easy to manuver?

Well the medium class brig outclasses the War class sloop in crew number, hull strength, armor, broadsides, and deck cannons. The War sloop is a little faster and turns a little better and has some more cargo but the Brig overall is better I would say. Good fun little ship for darting in and out teasing the enemy. You can also fully upgrade it to the highest tier upgrades. Other than that all the other medium class ships are kinda pointless to have. I personally still sold my Brig to get a War Frigate. War brig advantages still outweigh keeping the medium Brig but it would not be a bad idea to keep a medium Brig for pvp some time. Fun ship especially when fully tricked out.

I have mixed opinions on holding onto medium class ships lol. I know my co-gm plans to keep his, once he reaches level 15, for a few reasons. It's cheaper to repair, and upgrade, it's a little faster, but he swears smaller ships are harder for enemies to hit. I'm beginning to believe this logic, as I continue to see people take on warships and hunters in light frigates, galleons, and sloops. I prefer war ships, because I mean, they're bigger, and look pretty XD some food for thought though:)

I have mixed opinions on holding onto medium class ships lol. I know my co-gm plans to keep his, once he reaches level 15, for a few reasons. It's cheaper to repair, and upgrade, it's a little faster, but he swears smaller ships are harder for enemies to hit. I'm beginning to believe this logic, as I continue to see people take on warships and hunters in light frigates, galleons, and sloops. I prefer war ships, because I mean, they're bigger, and look pretty XD some food for thought though:)

Yea I remember using the light ships to destroy warships as well and it is true. The smaller ships are just harder to hit than the warships. I think The Warships armor HP broadside count and crew size make up for the disadvantage of being so big. It is really all you just prefer. I do not really care to much for the smaller size and how much harder it is for the Ai to hit the smaller ships because if you learn to sail the Warships just fine then you do not really have to worry about getting hit in them either. When the Ship Ai is functioning like it used to if it ever gets to where it used to be, this concept will be more apparent. I know it is impossible to avoid some of the shots from the hunter War Sloops right now in any of the warships. Anything bigger than the War sloop hunters though there is no worry of getting hit by them.

I really love every class of ship and wish there were more slots so we could have more ships. I don't have a light sloop like I did in POTCO because I am going to do an upgrade on a war class sloop instead this time around. I do still have a medium sloop for fun, small crew and solo sailing; it's my favorite ship.

I really love every class of ship and wish there were more slots so we could have more ships. I don't have a light sloop like I did in POTCO because I am going to do an upgrade on a war class sloop instead this time around. I do still have a medium sloop for fun, small crew and solo sailing; it's my favorite ship.

Agreed. We need more ship slots. At the very least we should have four ship slots. Originally we had three because there where three ship types. One slot for each ship type. Now we have four ship types so we should have at least four slots. I personally wish we had ten slots lol.

Agreed. We need more ship slots. At the very least we should have four ship slots. Originally we had three because there where three ship types. One slot for each ship type. Now we have four ship types so we should have at least four slots. I personally wish we had ten slots lol.

Ten might be a bit much but I'll always support getting four ship slots at least. One slot for each class of ship always sounds like a good idea to me.

As for the differences in medium ships, I never really saw any notable differences between them and their war ship brethren. Sure they might be a tiny bit faster or turn a teeny bit faster, but aside from differences in cost the war ships just bring more guns, cargo, and health the table, with differences in speed being marginal in my experience. At least a light ship is tiny and hard to hit. :3

Ten might be a bit much but I'll always support getting four ship slots at least. One slot for each class of ship always sounds like a good idea to me.

As for the differences in medium ships, I never really saw any notable differences between them and their war ship brethren. Sure they might be a tiny bit faster or turn a teeny bit faster, but aside from differences in cost the war ships just bring more guns, cargo, and health the table, with differences in speed being marginal in my experience. At least a light ship is tiny and hard to hit. :3

Yea I was thinking the same way. I can see enough of a difference to get some sort of advantage in some areas but in all reality it is just not worth saving all your gold and keeping the medium ship lol. Ten slots should not be to much lol.

Back