Advice for upgrading a War Sloop

S

Scorpion

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with upgrading my War Sloop. I saved up a lot of gold and stocked up on materials. Then I bought a War Sloop and upgraded it up to Streamlined III, but wanted more hull strength than what I already had. I'm looking to complete Storm Chaser, but will that add strength to my hull? I've checked the stats for the Storm Chaser series, and there isn't any added. The thing is though, I go into SvS and there are ships with Storm Chaser VI and they're hull is pretty tough. Does anyone have suggestions or tips on how to get that strength? I wasn't thinking and later on upgraded to Cargo III, in hopes that it would keep the hull strength, but of course if I went back to Streamlined III the hull goes back to 100%. Any and all suggestions and comments welcome.

SvS damage works differently than in regular sea battle, so that might account for their hull. Overall, I'd only suggest taking a Stormcatcher Sloop to SvS if you were already an expert at driving gunners in SvS before Ship Customization came out, since you will need to know how to compensate for the lack of hull by utilizing your speed to get in the other ship's bad angles.

If you want a good mix of hull and speed in SvS, I'd upgrade to Fortune Hunter. It's really a great all-around upgrade and a good number of my SvS driver friends use it. Otherwise, if you still want to use a Stormcatcher, the best you can do is upgrade your "Toughness" Grenade Passive Skill, keep distance, and hope that your gunners are more accurate than your opponent's.

Alright, Your best two options are Copperhead and Storm Chaser. If you want an amazing hull, with amazing broadside power, go with Copperhead. It's speed isn't that great, but if you have gunners, you're the toughest ship to take down out there. Storm Chaser lacks in hull, but it's broad power is second best, only to copperhead. It's very good in svs, if you plan on soloing, because of the speed and sneaky drive by broad attacks. If you usually have gunners in svs, or you plan on sailing regularly a lot, Fortune is a nice choice like James said. Broadsides aren't great, but you still have speed, and the cargo space is quite nice!

Well how about this? War sloops are cheap to buy and require fewer materials then lets say a War Brig, so I propose this: Complete ye Stormchaser to level VI, then buy another war sloop and go for a copperhead, fortune hunter or maybe even a skull and bones. I have a war sloop in each class at level VI. They are matched up with pirates that have cannon rams to maximize them in SvS. I love them all. But for solo svs sailing nothing beats a copperhead matched up with a priming ram.

Well you can think " What speed or something if i can not remember" you can all way's think of the speed. And that.

Back