Tip AFK Loot Running

5242dde2e5a22377ce044a9ba272de22.png
4d89acdbc53ca1c7dcfc3a551b5db095.png

Treasure sense is not a realistic skill point option, because primarily, the gold cap is at 300 K. You only need so much gold in the game after all. Since treasure sense only boosts the gold you receive when porting, it really doesn't matter all that much.
If I can pull in 20 to 30 K in a solo run, I personally have no need for any boost to that end.
Now, if it boosted the possibility of getting skulls and better loot in them, then yes, by all means it would be awesome.
I almost exclusively sail solo, but I do leave the ship open to friends, any of which are dedicated pirates who only help matters when they come aboard.
Rarely I will open to guild or public, knowing the chaos that invariably ensues.

Treasure sense is a bit of a puzzle. I think you do get better loot as well as gold with it but since TLOPO is not the same as POTCO and with all the different versions that we've seen in the last 10 months it's hard to be certain. My loot quality seems to change more with different versions of the game than with treasure sense. I do a lot of loot runs and have no interest in gold for the obvious reason, they are for fun and loot items. At this point I'm going with treasure sense as long as I'm loot running, I'll change that for some SVS at some point. In terms of mats: the fastest and easiest way to get them is to join the big mat parties on Abassa and be sure to keep your distance from ships with explosive broadsides. I can't recommend the mat parties really, they are complete chaos, but if you need mats there they are for the plundering.

Treasure sense is a bit of a puzzle. I think you do get better loot as well as gold with it but since TLOPO is not the same as POTCO and with all the different versions that we've seen in the last 10 months it's hard to be certain. My loot quality seems to change more with different versions of the game than with treasure sense. I do a lot of loot runs and have no interest in gold for the obvious reason, they are for fun and loot items. At this point I'm going with treasure sense as long as I'm loot running, I'll change that for some SVS at some point. In terms of mats: the fastest and easiest way to get them is to join the big mat parties on Abassa and be sure to keep your distance from ships with explosive broadsides. I can't recommend the mat parties really, they are complete chaos, but if you need mats there they are for the plundering.
Ha ha!
Eric, we've sailed together on many a journey, and I can safely say that your treasure sense aint working!

Ha ha!
Eric, we've sailed together on many a journey, and I can safely say that your treasure sense aint working!
Yes, Crash, you could be right but it matters not as I can sail for loot with it or without it with little difference to performance and so will hedge on the side of it possibly working, lol. Of course it will be different in SVS.

Treasure sense ONLY affects gold stuff, from cargo, aka Royal Chests, Treasure Chests, and Crates. It gives you extra gold, but it has NO effect on loot quality what so ever. Therefor, if you don't need gold, it is a total waste of points.

Also, note that is my is SvE (Ship vs. Enviorment) point layout. I use a different point setup for SvS.

Yes, Crash, you could be right but it matters not as I can sail for loot with it or without it with little difference to performance and so will hedge on the side of it possibly working, lol. Of course it will be different in SVS.
I've been thinking about this all day. There seems to be a lot of controversy among players and very little facts published by POTCO or TLOPO regarding treasure sense. At this point I think I will undertake a statistical analysis of it and publish the results.

After seeing one too many terrible ship drivers, I decided to record myself doing a loot run, both with, and without hunters. When done properly, you do not need gunners, or even other people on the ship, in order to do a loot run.

Imagine your broadsides hitting like this and not completely missing in 2020. Wild times.

There have been a lot of updates since I did that Treasure Sense study, so, things may have changed since then but I have doubt. It did turn out that Treasure Sense did absolutely nothing when I did the study, it did not affect gold or loot at all.

There have been a lot of updates since I did that Treasure Sense study, so, things may have changed since then but I have doubt. It did turn out that Treasure Sense did absolutely nothing when I did the study, it did not affect gold or loot at all.
I think all thats changed since then is them changing the treasure sense description to make it easier to understand and to eliminate the confusion on what the heck it does.
1586297490541.png

I think all thats changed since then is them changing the treasure sense description to make it easier to understand and to eliminate the confusion on what the heck it does.
View attachment 119787
Do you know if it actually works or not now? Back when I did the study I had guessed that it was supposed to work pretty much the way the new description says it does but it was quite evident that it didn’t actually do anything.

Back