Ahoy, I'm Benjamin Swordfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackTiger123

Dockworker
Hi everyone. I'm BlackTiger123, aka Benjamin Swordfish.

I used to play this game since 2008 (pirate Jack Firefish) and I was -just like many others- sad to hear that the game would quit.
So now I'm back and I have to say that I missed playing this game. I'm happy I can finally be the pirate I used to be :) and I want to thank the (re)creators of the game for al the good work they have done and will do.

To end my intro and my first post here, I have a few questions about beta keys.
- I've heard and I've read that a lot of people have been searching for beta keys. So my question is: 'If you found a beta key and you add it to your profile, is there still a change you can lose it? (system error?)
When I have an answer to this question, I have another one:

- Although a lot of people have been searching for days to find a beta key, I have found 3!! beta keys while playing. (nr1 -> digging in Port Royal/ nr2 -> fighting undead in Tortuga/ nr3 -> fighting officers in Kingshead)
Because I don't want to keep them for myself and I want to make 2 people happy, I would like to give away 2 keys. I know they are hard to find so I'm looking for a contest to give them away. All the ideas are welcome. :)

- And my final question: Is it normal that some areas (Thieves' Den; Beckett's Quarry) doesn't load while entering (all the settings are changed like I read on the forums: sound, vsync, fancy loading screen)? It takes a lot of time to load and mostly the game crashes automatically after entering...
Well, thank you for reading my post and I hope I'll see you later in the game. :cheers:

:raft:

Hi everyone. I'm BlackTiger123, aka Benjamin Swordfish.

I used to play this game since 2008 (pirate Jack Firefish) and I was -just like many others- sad to hear that the game would quit.
So now I'm back and I have to say that I missed playing this game. I'm happy I can finally be the pirate I used to be :) and I want to thank the (re)creators of the game for al the good work they have done and will do.

To end my intro and my first post here, I have a few questions about beta keys.
- I've heard and I've read that a lot of people have been searching for beta keys. So my question is: 'If you found a beta key and you add it to your profile, is there still a change you can lose it? (system error?)
When I have an answer to this question, I have another one:

- Although a lot of people have been searching for days to find a beta key, I have found 3!! beta keys while playing. (nr1 -> digging in Port Royal/ nr2 -> fighting undead in Tortuga/ nr3 -> fighting officers in Kingshead)
Because I don't want to keep them for myself and I want to make 2 people happy, I would like to give away 2 keys. I know they are hard to find so I'm looking for a contest to give them away. All the ideas are welcome. :)

- And my final question: Is it normal that some areas (Thieves' Den; Beckett's Quarry) doesn't load while entering (all the settings are changed like I read on the forums: sound, vsync, fancy loading screen)? It takes a lot of time to load and mostly the game crashes automatically after entering...
Well, thank you for reading my post and I hope I'll see you later in the game. :cheers:

:raft:

Greetings BlackTiger, welcome to the forums ;)

In answer to your questions....

1. No. Once a beta key is added to your account it is permanent. Although to be realistic, problems such as system errors can occur so please feel free to report them if they do to MMDR or by sending an email to support@tlopo.com

2. If you like you can create a contest yourself. I don't know enough about contests as I've never done one, you could try googling this for info.

3. Unfortunately yes, this is because the game is trying to load more memory than it should which is what's causing the crashes.

More specifically, the program is taking away valuable resources from a computer that would be of more use for other tasks the end result of which can have serious consequences such as all or parts of a system no longer working.

Here's a more descriptive explanation of this issue: http://techterms.com/definition/memoryleak

In technical terms this is known as a memory leak.

There have been a number of fixes suggested by forum users such as the one I've linked below.

In short, try lowering your graphics down to the bare minimum and turn off everything else except vsync i.e sound etc.

Link: https://piratesforums.co/threads/my-game-settings.16102/

KUyq8Rt.gif

Ahoy Benjamin, pleasure to have you!
:flag1:

Welcome to the crew, fair winds to ye.

Congratulations on your awesome luck with the keys, look forward to seeing what kind of shindig you host for the give-away.​

Ahoy mate! Welcome to TLOPO Forums! Weigh the anchor and hoist yer sails thar be excitin times here on the forums! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back