Ahoy mates, I'm Rokkrwolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokkrwolf

Dockworker
Ahoy there mates I'm Rokkrwolf,

First off I have to say thank you to all these wonderful pirates for recreating this great game. With that said I love the nostalgia so far and really enjoying playing again. But there has been quite a few issues along the way.

Combat - I don't remember it being as buggy, most enemies stand there for about 10 seconds while I'm destroying them. I've also noticed sometimes it says miss and they still take damage.

Sailing - This has been the biggest issue for me so far, I have x quests to take out x ships so I go looking. Normally a lot of the starter ships are between Port Royal and Tortuga but it's a empty wasteland. With that said I sailed out further and found them but the kicker is they are surrounded by about 30 ships. When I say surrounded I mean bundled like there's no way to even approach without fighting them all. So I ended up in a fight for over an hour with those 30 ships, granted I came out on top but surely they shouldn't be bundled like that.

A lot of the other stuff is minor bugs that aren't too much of an issue. But again great job guys I am thoroughly enjoying playing it again and wish I heard about it sooner.

The ship gathering thing is something I noticed too...they're not always like that, though. Combat...combat is how I remember it from POTCO. Miss and take damage...or show damage and the HP bar doesn't update...that all happened to me under the previous management as well. (My biggest peeve is actually the AI clipping through walls to get to me, but I take what I can get).

Welcome aboard, and have fun!

Yeah I assumed maybe they chased someone and then just stayed there? I must of taken out at least 200 ships last night and unclumped them. But aside from that I'm having a blast playing again.

It's in beta.
Its going to take time for them to work everything out yeah its really buggy especially in the sailing area of the game. The way i see it is, the clumps of ships makes it easy for me to level my sailing .:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back