Guide All-Purpose T.L.O.P.O Guide [W.I.P]

Did you find this useful?

• Total voters

Ataelos

Pirate Apprentice
UPDATED DISCLAIMER [12/19/2017]: As of now, I am not editing this All-Purpose TLOPO guide until the launcher issue is resolved completely. However, you can still check out my active blog page here:

https://piratesforums.co/threads/a-new-blog-ataelos-is-back.23661/

DISCLAIMER:
I apologize in advance for the following: Any pictures I post for the use of this guide will most likely include my guild chat, but please just ignore it. Also, I play in low graphics to reduce the chance of crashing on heavily populated servers, so the resolution in picture may also be poor to your standards. ALSO, I will not be providing step-by-step details such as "how do I sail to Tortuga," since anybody who doesn't know how to do that most likely doesn't even have a forums account.

Grinding XP the easy way.

Sword
: Use the worst possible crude Sabre you can find, and kill things around your level with it up until the enemies get to strong for it to be proportionally plausible to still be able to kill things of your level with a terrible sword. If you don't know WHERE to do this, then simply refer to the Enemy Level guide that is on the Guide subsection of these here forums, then find a nice place near your level. When you first start out, I'd recommend Misty Mire and Fort Charles.

Shooting: The gun is much more complicated. As it does so much damage, it hardly gives any XP. On the contrary, as a result of the damage, it is possible to kill enough enemies fast enough to overshadow killing one enemy slowly. Therefore, it is honestly your choice on which one you do.
  • Choice A) Use the worst possible repeater pistol you can find and kill things around your level (without take aim of course).
  • Choice B) Use the most powerful Scattergun you can find and kill things around your level with the Take Aim skill.

Dagger: Use the weakest set of throwing knives you can find and kill enemies near your level.

Sailing: If you are starting out and don't have a good war ship, then simply just board a public or friend's ship and request permission to steer. If you give up from all the rejection of captains refusing your request, you can just shoot ANYTHING EXCEPT WAR FRIGATES in your little bitty Light Sloop. Also, keep in mind with ships that QUANTITY > QUALITY. For instance, it is better to tag all the ships in a frenzy than to do all the damage to a couple.

Gunnery: If you are starting out and don't have your own good war ship, then simply board a public or friend's ship and gun on it. Thankfully you don't need permission to gun on a ship xD. Same thing with sailing, go for quantity over quality. (This is for XP though, in a fight where you actually want to help those around you, focus on the ship that is attacking you!)

Staff: The staff is actually not difficult at all to master. There are two spots: When you first obtain the staff, use the wither skill and kill things at Kingshead for a while. Then, you can just go all the way to max in Cursed Caverns on Isla Tormenta at a bridge using the Flaming Skull Skill.
sbu6qbAGRKWASXYo1sHYLw.png

You can hit all four with flaming skull. Mine 1-2 shots everything on this bridge.

Doll: You need to Heal AND Attack for the maximum XP out of a doll. The absolute best spot of all would be at Tomas Blanco on Cutthroat Isle, but unfortunately there would probably not be anyone there, so the next best thing would be General Darkheart. Remember, you need to Heal and attack.

Grenade: Of course, the first 20 levels are at Kingshead (or maybe Cursed Caverns if you think you are good), then from 20 to mastery at the South idol of El Patron's Mine. If you don't know how to get to El Patron's Mine (as it is currently "not supposed to be accessible," then just watch some videos). By the way, if you didn't catch my drift I meant you need to use SIEGE BOMB skill at the South Idol.

Potions: I could make it sound simple, but it's really not. Potions are the freaking worst! Personally, I chose to max out every single potion in my leveling process; although that is not the fastest way, I just like it for the cleanliness and organization. Really, the fastest way was derived from another person, not my idea, but I forgot who that person was so I'll just restate it: Brew anything you want until level 3, then brew swift foots until maxed (The best swift foots you can access of course). Also, make sure that your swift foot isn't full when you do it, because you get reduced XP that way. As I said, however, it's still a very slow process.

Fishing: The fastest way is to use a friend or public fishing boat and catch the highest-XP fish you can find. If you don't have that option, then of course you can just fish at a dock, but you will not catch as good of fish which will be a slower leveling process. When you are fishing, catch all the best fish, then switch places for a new batch of those fish, don't just fish out the one spot.

Last edited:
Back