Loot All the changes I've found in the loot system

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
Apparently, I heard that JFR said that the looting system is 100% the same. However, as a "loot professor", I've found a lot of key differences so far. I have picture proof of them, but I'm not including them in the initial post for the sake of readability. If you want the proof photos, just ask:
-Loot skull chests now contain crude items. If they did before, then the chance is way higher.
-It is possible for loot chests and loot skull chests to contain no weapon at all.
-Multiple weapons/clothing items can be found in the same container.
I'm not saying these should be addressed (especially the third since the more, the merrier), but there are some key differences that heavily affect loot drops.

This is what I mean, ONE thing....

Attachments

• Literally Worst Skull EVER.jpg
    Literally Worst Skull EVER.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 360
The important thing is looting works. It will need tweaks in the future but it seems like a small problem rn since ppl seem to be getting famed and brights. I'm at lvl 10 with 2 rares, not complaining.

Thanks for reporting this! These are things that will be fixed eventually. The goal is to make the game as close to POTCO as possible, so it will be fixed.
Glad to hear it. (although deep inside i love getting 2-3 weapons/clothing items in containers) Also, another problem with loot drops: pouches, chests and skulls found at sea give no gold, meaning a loot run will get you no money unless you sell what you get. In POTCO, I remember there was a little thing that said "Gold taken from loot: XXX" or something to the right side of the plunder GUI.

Apparently, I heard that JFR said that the looting system is 100% the same.
I cannot recall stating something like this.

The system cannot be 100% the same because we had to rewrite it from scratch. If our system was exactly the same, then we somehow were privy to details we shouldn't have been privy to. Even as we speak, loot is still being developed as there are some elements of it that are not consistent with how they were in POTCO (e.g. multiple weapons and clothing items in a single container).

I cannot recall stating something like this.

The system cannot be 100% the same because we had to rewrite it from scratch. If our system was exactly the same, then we somehow were privy to details we shouldn't have been privy to. Even as we speak, loot is still being developed as there are some elements of it that are not consistent with how they were in POTCO (e.g. multiple weapons and clothing items in a single container).
Oh. Guess the guy who told me you said it lied then. Sorry if it seemed like I was blaming you.

How does one become a loot professor?
It's really just a whimsy name, but in POTCO, I always looked at loot as more than just "it's random". I looked into skill levels on weapons, what enemies drop what types of weapons, etc.

JFR is THE "loot professor"...
Doesn't mean there can't be more people cracking the loot code. Plus, I thought he referred to himself as the "looting virtuoso" back then.

Since we're on the topic, this thread started by Roke asks for feedback regarding the loot system. I provided my rundown of loot mechanics, which can be found here. I'd like some feedback if you guys don't mind - especially those who were as involved with looting as I was. Feel free to contribute your own feedback to the thread as well in case I completely missed something.

I wish it was at least 20% the same, I don't get loot anymore, I get a pouch 1/40 enemies
Actually, this thread is outdated now; they fixed all these problems. While I do agree that the loot may be dry, it could just be because we're remembering the double loot from the final month.

Actually, this thread is outdated now; they fixed all these problems. While I do agree that the loot may be dry, it could just be because we're remembering the double loot from the final month.
I didn't play then, like literally I have a chance of getting loot by myself about 3-5% of the time. Something is wrong with my account.

I didn't play then, like literally I have a chance of getting loot by myself about 3-5% of the time. Something is wrong with my account.
A loot system rewrite came out 12-26 heres a link to the release notes: https://tlopo.com/releases/

Back