Suggestion All Those Bones!

C

Crashalot

I know I'm not alone in having way too many bones from the Haunted Woods.
Would it be possible to have some random Gypsy, perhaps on Padres, that can accept them as tender for the items sold during the event, such as the weapons and clothing?

Alrighty then.
I guess it's just me with a couple hundred Haunted Bones and several thousand of the lesser ones and no where to spend 'em.

I have maxed small bones, 6 or 7 thousand large and over 600 haunted. I know some pirates have more. I've already bought the old and new weapons. I had a suggestion for using up some of these bones. Pirates can use haunted bones to buy either a special sail emblem or color, or to introduce a completely new special effect that applies to your ship (this can be very expensive) that makes your ship appear to be a skeleton ship.

I have maxed small bones, 6 or 7 thousand large and over 600 haunted. I know some pirates have more. I've already bought the old and new weapons. I had a suggestion for using up some of these bones. Pirates can use haunted bones to buy either a special sail emblem or color, or to introduce a completely new special effect that applies to your ship (this can be very expensive) that makes your ship appear to be a skeleton ship.
Yes! As long as there's something to do with them!
Across all my alts, each of which has several hundred of the hollow bones and max on the 2 lower ones, there's gotta be something to do with them.
Maybe we can build cabins out of them or something...

I see in other threads people mentioning that it took “lots of haunted bones” before finding a legendary. Do the bones have any impact on loot? Or do you use them to buy items?
I’ve been on TLOPO for two HW events now but never actually entered the Woods or participated in any way, so I don’t know how they work. Any clarification would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I see in other threads people mentioning that it took “lots of haunted bones” before finding a legendary. Do the bones have any impact on loot? Or do you use them to buy items?
I’ve been on TLOPO for two HW events now but never actually entered the Woods or participated in any way, so I don’t know how they work. Any clarification would be appreciated.
Thanks!
No they shouldn’t effect loot in any way, besides for the fact that they will take up a slot in a loot container if they end up dropping, meaning that the bones were picked over something else. I believe that it only takes the place of the collectibles in a loot container though. Having more haunted bones in your inventory would not increase or decrease loot chances in any way. They only drop during the Hollowed Woods event.

No they shouldn’t effect loot in any way, besides for the fact that they will take up a slot in a loot container if they end up dropping, meaning that the bones were picked over something else. I believe that it only takes the place of the collectibles in a loot container though. Having more haunted bones in your inventory would not increase or decrease loot chances in any way. They only drop during the Hollowed Woods event.
So they don’t actually do anything? Why have them in the game?

Yes! As long as there's something to do with them!
Across all my alts, each of which has several hundred of the hollow bones and max on the 2 lower ones, there's gotta be something to do with them.
Maybe we can build cabins out of them or something...
Maybe use them in potions some way, like they can be added as a multiplier ingredient. Ten certain bones give double potions or something.
Use them in some way to help people level things.

Last edited:
People will often use the number of haunted bones they have looted on the way to getting a legendary as a comparison marker like how some people count skulls.
People also use the moon phases, woolly caterpillars, which way the flag is blowing, which tavern songs are playing, how many of their fish are facing west or how many toys they stepped on that day as markers effecting loot drops and items.

Back