Combat Ally Ghost is Attacking Me.

Tereysa de las Sombras

Honorable Pirate
I’m tasked with summoning a blue Traitor Ghost and defending them from waves of hostile ghosts. I can attune my doll to them and even heal them, but I cannot damage them. This is what I expect.

The problem is, this ghost that I’m supposed to be helping is also attacking me, and not the enemies. The enemies also aren’t attacking them either. I don’t recall this being an issue in the original POTCO, and it’s making the quest very difficult to beat since I’m having to deal with several waves of enemies while running away from the guy I’m supposed to protect. Is something wrong with the ally AI?

I have helped a lot of people finish this quest. It's not difficult with 2 people

Most of my Guild was busy that night so they weren’t able to help. Also, going against six level 30+ ghosts plus a level 45 ally ghost who I cannot damage and is attacking me is no easy task since I am exactly level 30 myself. And for people who may not have anyone to help them but want to do this quest in the future, it’d be nice to have this issue solved for them too. You never know.

I’m tasked with summoning a blue Traitor Ghost and defending them from waves of hostile ghosts. I can attune my doll to them and even heal them, but I cannot damage them. This is what I expect.

The problem is, this ghost that I’m supposed to be helping is also attacking me, and not the enemies. The enemies also aren’t attacking them either. I don’t recall this being an issue in the original POTCO, and it’s making the quest very difficult to beat since I’m having to deal with several waves of enemies while running away from the guy I’m supposed to protect. Is something wrong with the ally AI?
What quest is this. I don't seem to remember this at all? I'm sure I did it but... Age and rum sure do mess with the mind.

What quest is this. I don't seem to remember this at all? I'm sure I did it but... Age and rum sure do mess with the mind.

Raven’s Cove Story Quest. In order to retrieve one of the idols to open the door, you have to summon a blue (ally) Traitor Ghost using a totem near the entrance of the mines. Once they appear, waves of hostile Ghosts will appear and you have to defeat them.

What’s supposed to happen is that they’ll try to attack the Traitor Ghost and you have to prevent them from being killed. The Traitor Ghost will fight the enemies with you and can even be healed as if they were another pirate. Once safe, they give you the idol.

Instead, I summon them, enemies appear, I can still heal them but I can’t damage them, and they start attacking me as if they’re any other enemy and the orange ghosts are not attacking them like they’re supposed to.

Raven’s Cove Story Quest. In order to retrieve one of the idols to open the door, you have to summon a blue (ally) Traitor Ghost using a totem near the entrance of the mines. Once they appear, waves of hostile Ghosts will appear and you have to defeat them.

What’s supposed to happen is that they’ll try to attack the Traitor Ghost and you have to prevent them from being killed. The Traitor Ghost will fight the enemies with you and can even be healed as if they were another pirate. Once safe, they give you the idol.

Instead, I summon them, enemies appear, I can still heal them but I can’t damage them, and they start attacking me as if they’re any other enemy and the orange ghosts are not attacking them like they’re supposed to.
Ah. Thanks, now I remember. That was a little annoying. I remember something about standing on the idol while fighting and using staff aoe.
And it was buggy back then too.

Last edited:
I had no problems with this till the last pirate I made. This one I experienced the same thing. Traitor was attacking me instead of the other ghosts. I too hope they can fix this soon for others needing the quest. Our guild lets everyone know if they need help on this we all help each other because it is harder when the traitor attacks you too.

Back