Idea Alt Platform Release

Chi

Dockworker
> NOTE BEFORE READING: THIS IS SIMPLY AN IDEA TO INCREASE THE PLAYER BASE NUMBERS <

Given that the game has a consistent amount of players playing at any given time, anywhere between 230 to 300+ players; would it be in the games path to release on a platform such as Steam or Epic (or both)? If the game was to release on steam, I believe that the player count would jolt up. Of course there could be 3rd Party integration like Warface, Neverwinter, Warframe and how they have their own launchers..

> This is a 3am thought. Don't trash on me.

I am just wanting to see this game jump back to high player count like it used to have!!

"What you shouldn’t publish on Steam:
  1. Adult content that isn’t appropriately labeled and age-gated
  2. Libelous or defamatory statements
  3. Content you don’t own or have adequate rights to
  4. Content that violates the laws of any jurisdiction in which it will be available
  5. Content that exploits children in any way
  6. Applications that modify customer’s computers in unexpected or harmful ways, such as malware or viruses
  7. Applications that fraudulently attempts to gather sensitive information, such as Steam credentials or financial data (e.g. credit card information)"
TLDR: They can't

Last edited:

"What you shouldn’t publish on Steam:
  1. Adult content that isn’t appropriately labeled and age-gated
  2. Libelous or defamatory statements
  3. Content you don’t own or have adequate rights to
  4. Content that violates the laws of any jurisdiction in which it will be available
  5. Content that exploits children in any way
  6. Applications that modify customer’s computers in unexpected or harmful ways, such as malware or viruses
  7. Applications that fraudulently attempts to gather sensitive information, such as Steam credentials or financial data (e.g. credit card information)"
TLDR: They can't
Fair enough I guess..

Disney gave it out tho to use for whoever wants it... Pretty sure as long as its completely FREE it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Just about anything pertaining to the promotion or "highlighting" of this remake via 3rd party platform, means, or otherwise is bound by that 3rd party's TERMS OF SERVICE.

*So with that said, nothing will ever result or come to light (via this thread's idea) given any remake of Pirates Online is in and of itself in direct violation of Pirates Online TERMS OF SERVICE. In a nutshell, the property is protected and still Disney's.

Yeah bro, steam can make an exception for the unlicensed distribution of one of the most well-recognized intellectual properties of the most powerful entertainment corporation in the history of the planet

omegalul
Lol, your understatement is so refreshing.

Back