Loot An explanation of Loot Drops, and what actually affects them.

Was very interesting to look at, and not gonna lie the numbers are rather discouraging. Thanks for linking it!
Be aware that these are numbers from POTCO, and no one but Disney knows exactly how they were used to calculate loot drops. No one knows what formula or algorithm they used to combine all the different variables. That was contained in the server portion of the code, and is the code TLOPO had to rewrite from scratch more or less. TLOPO could have also tweaked the values slightly to work with their algorithm better. However it does give a decent idea of how loot is determined.

This makes me wonder, how did the admin know when to announce krakenslayer was found back when Henry found it?
Just curious.
Very likely in this instance they had a bot of some kind setup searching for instances of players looting the item so they could make sure drops were working and check for anything on the backend that could be going wrong with looting these new weapons

So what I'm getting from this is that in order to loot the best stuff you need to max all of your skills to 30 while keeping your notoriety low... actually that doesn't make sense nvm lol

Couldn't this be exploited by letting a low level player hit enemies and then have higher level finish them off? For instance, a level 5 sweeps the group of vets at kingshead and then a maxed player one hits them.

Also, is there really no multiplier for higher levels within a color bracket? For instance, I feel like higher red levels clearly drop more gold than lower red levels.
that is actually avery interesting point and I think so

Back