An Idea: Pvp At The Next Level - Trained Crews; Experienced Captains & Guild Vs. Guild Competition

John Bluefish

Swashbuckler
My suggestion is to take leadership to the next level by training crews to privateer. A very skillful and experienced Captain puts together a crew of great potential whereby all cannon positions (Gunners) are trained for so that each crew member knows his or her position on the boat and the Captain knows his or her capabilities. Particularly skilled repair crew (Swabbies) would learn fast repair. We could practice and even try various tactics by sparring with each other on quiet servers. Ideally, the super crews would all be members of a guild.

Then these super crews could challenge each other and perhaps Disney will consider a future enhancement for Guild versus Guild games. If ye are interested in such an exercise, sign up here and note if ye be interested as a Captain, a Gunner, or a Swabbie.

Guild vs Guild never ends well in my opinion everyone in the world[don't lie and say your not is competitive] and we all get upset when we lose, but it just leads to bad things.

I think it sounds like a good idea.

Igor say aye mate, Igor like the idea of any kind of organized Cannoning ;). Igor just say guild vs guild is a taboo phrase, everyone knows it ends bad. Igor say everything else sound A OK to Igor :D

Well, I'd say we are all adults, however we are obviously not. I think it could be fun, challenging, and educational. "Competition is life."
EDIT (Nov 23, 2010 2:46 AM):
At the very least, intraguild competition would be equally fun.

Well, I'd say we are all adults, however we are obviously not. I think it could be fun, challenging, and educational. "Competition is life."
EDIT (Nov 23, 2010 2:46 AM):
At the very least, intraguild competition would be equally fun.

Igor totally agree "Competition is life" but we are definitely playing a younger players game so we are not all Adults !! Igor say Igor think it just a good idea to keep GvG to only civilized pirates that know its only a game.

What I mean by my inference that we are not all adults is that kids (under age 18) play this game and not all are mature enough to realize the benefits of defeat. A great quote by Malcolm Forbes, "Failure is success if we learn from it." One learns much from losing that one can apply toward the next effort. This is what I mean by "competition is life." POTC offers us opportunities for team building, leadership training, and life lessons if we would just embrace it.
EDIT (Nov 23, 2010 3:01 AM):
We can mentor youth here. It is a profoundly robust platform for learning interpersonal skills.
EDIT (Nov 23, 2010 3:04 AM):
POTCO has done wonders for my son. He has learned to always say "thank you," to help out out strangers in need, and to work with a team toward a common goal.

This Idea really caught my eye. I know some people might consider this a "war", but i really dont see the harm of trying it out ;) ! Even thought it might end bad at times.. I know Spania would just ignore the problem and move on .

PS would be good as a Swabbie :D I work them mini games good !

Meself, I am quite skilled as both gunner and swabbie, but know no Privateering tactics. We would need a couple of experienced and skillful captains with strong leadership experience.

Igor say Adhy is a good SvS Captain Igor has worked with in the past mates. Igor would be best on a cannon but can work anypart of a ship!!! :D

John i would enjoy nothing better than to join in the festivities...count me in (but remeber i am more a night owl than day person ;)) i am skilled at many levels i believe but most swear that i take the wheel so if you need to test a dry run on the weekends i will see what i can do ok? as for GvG I don't think we need another Black Sharks In.c vs Feerless Demons do we??? i do agree with Meg though we are Spanians and we would accept what ever fate should deal us and move on. (at least i hope )so answer back at your leisure and i will keep an eye out for wheres and whens...

Back