Request An idea to keep the game alive in the future.

Would others like to have a single player to ensure the game's future?

• Yes, plus I want to mod and see other people's mods

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TigerEye6

Sea Legs
Most of us enjoy the MMO aspect of TLOPO, but for the past few months, I have been very busy, and while I have been supporting TLOPO as much as possible, I am still worried for what lies ahead. I am not saying the game is completely dying right this minute, but I keep asking, "what will happen to a game that a lot of people enjoy, when nobody is left to host games, or remake the game?" This thought has made me worried, I enjoy this game, it brings back a lot of the fun aspects from my childhood. I do not wish to see the game die just like it did beforehand, only with less likelihood of it coming back. What I do wonder, is can this game somehow get a downloaded single player portion? I know there will be people who will want this for cheating purposes, "modding", or other reasons, and actual modding (like graphics, gameplay and not clearly cheating) sounds like it could be fun too, but I want this in order to secure the game. I already enjoy this game very much, and I wouldn't even mind some major changes making the game a little weirder in order for it to become single player, but I would like to have a single player version just to insure some form of security for the future of the game.

I've thought about the health of the game as well, but honestly this game has an extremely loyal fan base. The fact so many people have stuck around even though it's been over a year since the last major content update I think says a lot. Considering the future Caribbean Expansion planned by the devs, I only see the game growing for the forseeable future, even if just by 100 concurrent players. I see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't worry

Thinking back to POTCO's time where a lot of players were modding/cheating openly, a considerable amount of it was plastered all over social-media but especially YouTube.

Dependent upon the level of risk everyone is/is not comfortable with today, I can't say for sure how Disney would view such single-player versions of a game they had once provided as a MMO but...perhaps they would not show such leniency in the way in which they had (if it even became a concern to them) since they could easily pinpoint whom was directly responsible with said modding effort.

Anyway, just a thought I had after reading this thread (while having no real sense of urgency).

Back