Announcement An Update on Arrrmor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahoy!

Over the past few weeks, we have received many reports saying that Arrrmor has been asking players repeatedly for their login location to be verified - even though they were still in the exact same location. We have concluded our investigation on this issue and have identified the problem.

The issue was in a cleanup procedure for Arrrmor. In an effort to keep Arrrmor's database condensed, any Arrrmor non-verified login requests are purged after 24 hours of their creation. However, Arrrmor mistakenly purged ALL requests regardless of whether or not they were verified. We have since corrected this issue.

We apologize for any nuisances that this issue may have caused you all!

The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

Ahoy!

Over the past few weeks, we have received many reports saying that Arrrmor has been asking players repeatedly for their login location to be verified - even though they were still in the exact same location. We have concluded our investigation on this issue and have identified the problem.

The issue was in a cleanup procedure for Arrrmor. In an effort to keep Arrrmor's database condensed, any Arrrmor non-verified login requests are purged after 24 hours of their creation. However, Arrrmor mistakenly purged ALL requests regardless of whether or not they were verified. We have since corrected this issue.

We apologize for any nuisances that this issue may have caused you all!

The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online
Yay! This was getting pretty annoying, thanks for the quick fix!

Yeah and to be honest and I mean honest what on earth processed tlopo to have this program anyway? Arrrmor bites big time here it is 2 years and I still have this issue.. stating I am logging in from a different location .. I dont care I dont like it I pay darn good money for my computer software to protect my accounts .. I don't need that Arrrmor period. So this is what I am requesting tlopo to do now, disable it from my account and take that Arrrmor and bury it deep in the sand .. and take it off my account .. I even went are far as disabling it and it stills states I am logging in elsewhere.. you think you want this game to be enjoyable well in my opinion your making it very frustrating to have such a poor software as Arrrmor installed .. and the auto responder to get the location verification email takes anywhere from 2 to 5 days to get .. So to the techs there consider this .. do you want people to be part of the tlopo? or not .. or do you want only a chosen few .. just say the word and i will gladly leave. ok?

This thread is nearly 2 years old at this point, but I suppose I'll entertain a response to this (for what it's worth).

I mean honest what on earth processed tlopo to have this program anyway?
Arrrmor is a security feature designed to protect against unauthorized use of your account. It's intended to discourage account sharing as well as protect against the event someone discovers your password and tries to log in. Someone can discover your password through the use of malware, or even in data breaches where websites don't secure their users' passwords very well.

Arrrmor bites big time here it is 2 years and I still have this issue.. stating I am logging in from a different location .. I dont care I dont like it I pay darn good money for my computer software to protect my accounts .. I don't need that Arrrmor period.
Regular antivirus and other security software has no ability to protect you against someone else accessing your account. Arrrmor notifying you of a location change (even when you haven't moved) is likely a result of your ISP giving you a new IP address (through an automated process).

So this is what I am requesting tlopo to do now, disable it from my account and take that Arrrmor and bury it deep in the sand .. and take it off my account .. I even went are far as disabling it and it stills states I am logging in elsewhere..
It's fair to not want to have it enabled - so we did incorporate a way to disable it when we developed the feature. All you need to do is add 3 locations to your account and you'll have the option to disable it. If you're having problems with it, contact support.

you think you want this game to be enjoyable well in my opinion your making it very frustrating to have such a poor software as Arrrmor installed
Security is frustrating sometimes, but it's nice to have. You're entitled to your opinion, but the fact is that it is becoming common - almost a requirement - to have a second factor of authentication for online services now. If you don't like it while using TLOPO, chances are inevitable that you'll have to set up something similar with other sites you use. Best get used to it now.

and the auto responder to get the location verification email takes anywhere from 2 to 5 days to get ..
This is likely not TLOPO's problem. Sometimes emails can land in your spam folder or not be delivered to you at all depending on what your email provider is. If you have issues getting Arrrmor emails, do reach out to the support team at support@tlopo.com. They can help you out there.

This thread is nearly 2 years old at this point, but I suppose I'll entertain a response to this (for what it's worth).

Arrrmor is a security feature designed to protect against unauthorized use of your account. It's intended to discourage account sharing as well as protect against the event someone discovers your password and tries to log in. Someone can discover your password through the use of malware, or even in data breaches where websites don't secure their users' passwords very well.

Regular antivirus and other security software has no ability to protect you against someone else accessing your account. Arrrmor notifying you of a location change (even when you haven't moved) is likely a result of your ISP giving you a new IP address (through an automated process).

It's fair to not want to have it enabled - so we did incorporate a way to disable it when we developed the feature. All you need to do is add 3 locations to your account and you'll have the option to disable it. If you're having problems with it, contact support.

Security is frustrating sometimes, but it's nice to have. You're entitled to your opinion, but the fact is that it is becoming common - almost a requirement - to have a second factor of authentication for online services now. If you don't like it while using TLOPO, chances are inevitable that you'll have to set up something similar with other sites you use. Best get used to it now.

This is likely not TLOPO's problem. Sometimes emails can land in your spam folder or not be delivered to you at all depending on what your email provider is. If you have issues getting Arrrmor emails, do reach out to the support team at support@tlopo.com. They can help you out there.

John Foulroberts
Administration

"This thread is nearly 2 years old at this point, but I suppose I'll entertain a response to this (for what it's worth". Entertain a response for what this is worth? Man thats not a thing that helps, you think by you entertaining a response is going to alleviate this issue to the problem I have? My system is protect by nordvp, this is a top quality virus program, with built in military virus and malware protection. please dont think or insinuate I am stupid with your quote ( you guess you will have to entertain a response to this question) I find what you said not offensive but a insult to my integrity as a person .. Look the issue is here and I am sure it's on tlopo not me . they took it upon themselves to implement this arrrmor double standard log in procedure not me, not us, the people who are devoted fans of tlopo ok? But is was tlopo who decided this factor with no output as to why you or they did it after the issue of and I Quote * you have attempted to log in from another location .. now thats bull. I think if Arrrmor is what they ( tlopo )wanted they ( tlopo ) should have put it the idea of Arrrmor to us first before they or you decided to put it on as a log in feature ok? But I guess i am beating a dead horse.. and as far as I am concerned now is the slow untimely response from support via emails, and the slow and untimely response from the auto response as I have been told from your set up with that Arrrmor program to send out a location verification email .. I have checked with my isp provider and they said I should be receiving that type of email with no problem .. so the issue is on tlopo's end not mine as you have stated here (This is likely not TLOPO's problem. Sometimes emails can land in your spam folder or not be delivered to you at all depending on what your email provider is. If you have issues getting Arrrmor emails, do reach out to the support team) now I have reached out and been checking my emails spam folders included .. but I got nothing , nada nope not here emails from anyone associated with support . .so I guess it is time for me to say Adios Amigos to tlopo .. thanks anyway .. Yours Captn Raven ..

Last edited:
Entertain a response for what this is worth? Man thats not a thing that helps, you think by you entertaining a response is going to alleviate this issue to the problem I have?
You bumped a nearly 2 year old thread to post your initial statement, but I decided the information I was about to post might be beneficial for others to read, so I went forward with it. Yes, I believed me entertaining a response to you may assist.

My system is protect by nordvp, this is a top quality virus program, with built in military virus and malware protection. please dont think or insinuate I am stupid with your quote
I regret you interpreted my statement like that. With that being said, NordVPN is not antivirus software. It's just a VPN, which makes your connection appear as if it is coming from somewhere else. It does provide encryption, but it's just encrypting YOUR connection to websites and other services you use. It has exactly zero bearing on whether or not someone can log into any of your online accounts if your password is discovered.

they took it upon themselves to implement this arrrmor double standard log in procedure not me, not us, the people who are devoted fans of tlopo ok?
I realize security might be a pain sometimes, but we implemented this feature as a direct response of a database leak of a similar post-POTCO project which stored their users' information insecurely. Malicious individuals were using this insecure database to log into TLOPO accounts. Many people which registered for the insecure project re-used their login information on TLOPO, allowing those malicious individuals access to their accounts. Arrrmor is not pointless and was implemented for a very good reason.

and I Quote * you have attempted to log in from another location .. now thats bull. I think if Arrrmor is what they ( tlopo )wanted they ( tlopo ) should have put it the idea of Arrrmor to us first before they or you decided to put it on as a log in feature ok?
Due to the fact you mentioned you were using a VPN, this may be exactly why you are receiving so many "changed location" emails. When you use NordVPN, you have the option of selecting from multiple countries (and multiple cities within those countries). If you do not specifically pick your location, Nord will pick for you - and if Nord has you logging in from a new city, you will get that email asking you to add that new location. It's by design and it's how VPNs and IP addressing work.

and as far as I am concerned now is the slow untimely response from support via emails, and the slow and untimely response from the auto response as I have been told from your set up with that Arrrmor program to send out a location verification email .. I have checked with my isp provider and they said I should be receiving that type of email with no problem .. so the issue is on tlopo's end not mine as you have stated here
Support handles a large volume of emails from a day to day basis. All of TLOPO are unpaid volunteers. We do the best we can with what time we have. I'd be lying if I said some things might slip through the cracks inadvertently, but we're working on improving our support ticketing system to help alleviate response time issues.

I hope this response was valuable to you (or someone else). I'm locking this thread since these replies really don't have any bearing on the original subject of the thread. If you wish to start a new discussion about Arrrmor on the forums, you're perfectly welcome to do so.

JFR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back