Another Suggestion

D-Rock

Wanted Pirate
Since my last one went so well, I thought I thought I would spread some more of my POTCO thoughts, :p. This one is more of an in game thing though, but I wanted to see what everyone thought about it. There really isnt a way to transfer money "in-game" other than going to the poker tables and raising the pot and then just folding. I thought it would be cool if we had guild bank accounts. Like everyone in the guild could make deposits to it, but only GM's and officers could take from it and transfer it to guild members accounts. It could be used as an in-game reward system for guild members. And It would also help in recruiting for your guild if you had a fat bank account :cool:. Like this..."Would you like to join my guild? We have 30 Million gold in the bank :D." LOL. I just think it would help people out alot and it would give me something to do with my gold everytime I get maxed out. Thoughts?

Thats a good idea!

The only bad part is... What if you had a dishonest Officer? ( Yes I know all pirates are dishonest. ;) ) Someone who would 'with-drawl' everything in your guilds bank account, transfer it to their account, then ditch the guild?

Maybe there should be some kind of limit as to how much you can take from the guild bank.

Also, there should be a rule to this 'bank'. Once you put gold into your guilds account you can't get it back. Or, you can only with-draw the money that you deposited.

Interest. Once you open a guild account, you can gain interest. Just like any normal bank. The more guild money in the bank, the more interest you ( as a guild ) make.

Your idea is great! Thanks for sharing! I never would of thought of this. :)

Yea, I have a bunch more ideas about the guild banks. Intrest was one of them :cool:. And the limitations for withdrawls are a great idea too. I wish I was on teh POTCO development team!!! LO. Thanks for the reply Anne.

I truly believe that 'bank account' should be linked to 'trading system'. In other words, if we have a trading system (which a lot of us have been waiting for), trading money should be a one of the items that can be traded. I do not personally agree with a third party bank as in real life. In real life there is FDIC that acts as an agent to guarantee bank customer's money from missing because of no-fault of the banking system (in case of major natural disaster, for instance). In Potco, who is going to guarantee that any player on the 'banking system' would be honest enough to perform this job (referring to D-Rock's idea about guild internal finance system)?

Since there is no agent that could fall into the category of warrantor, there is no agent that could be worthy of overseeing financial transaction in Potco. So in my opinion, money trading should be left into individual pirate's hand. If there are two pirates who want to give away and receive gold, let them deal with it. So I'm going to the opposite direction of D-Rock's idea, a guild cannot boast over how much gold it has.

I have mentioned long ago on one of the threads about Trading system, that 'gift' - as one of the forms of trading - should be able to be designed by Potco game designers earlier than any other form of trading. It was mentioned also in that thread, that there should be several forms of trading. But the other forms of trading - other than 'gift' - do not look as easy to design as 'gift' (auction, bid, etc.). Gift only involves two parties; the giver and the receiver.

The transaction could be executed as follows. We should have a communication window such as a 'button' on our pirate card. When we click a friend's pirate card, we should be able to see a 'gift' button, and when we click that button, there should pop up a window of our treasure/inventory chest. Then we could click 'gold' (or any weapon/clothing/and any item there), then there should come up another communication window about how much gold we'd like to give away. After we type the number, it should be confirmed by another window, saying, "Are you sure you want to give away this gold to your pirate friend?" with YES/NO button. If we click 'yes', it means that a certain amount of gold will be transfered to our pirate friend, whose pirate card we click to begin this transaction. As simple as that.

As for in-game rewards for guild members, it sounds good to give incentives to the guild members. It sounds like other MMORPG games where a guild is like an 'organization'. It has its own guild money and inventory, where the Guildmaster and Officers would be the managers of guild capitals, and members of the guild are required to pay dues to the guild. But unless Disney Potco is ready to move this entire game into that direction, I think it's too far fetch. Gold has to be treated the same as any other item/property (weapon, clothing, jewels, treasures, etc.); gold is just one item in the entire inventory. If we could transfer gold, we should be able to transfer any other item/property.

And I forgot ... this thread should go to the 'General Discussion' section. This 'Site Feedback' is intended for this Forums website related discussion, not in-game discussion. Please Forum Moderator?

... and Idk why I've been directing traffic of discussion like a police here ... :confused: I'm not even hired for that ... I just can't stand jumble up stuff on my head. Got to be organized ... :cool:

It sounds like other MMORPG games where a guild is like an 'organization'. It has its own guild money and inventory, where the Guildmaster and Officers would be the managers of guild capitals, and members of the guild are required to pay dues to the guild. But unless Disney Potco is ready to move this entire game into that direction, I think it's too far fetch.

hmmm......... intiresting
im thinkin of a new thread right now

Good idea. But what I really think we need is a regular bank. Where we could deposit items that might come in handy in later levels for example. It's plain stupid we don't have any trade/bank-system and POTCO seems to be the only MMO without that system. The developers need to listen more to feedback and be more open for suggestions.

Well,

Thats never good when i start my rants like a letter lol. I think that the guild bank is good idea people could use it for a trading system one person puts something in and another person takes it out, but I think private bank accounts would be best. almost EVERY other online game has SOME sort of banking/trading/auction system.
Honestly, ppl are TRASHING famed items that i would kill for, because they have 2 or 3
Trading needs to come out -_-

Good idea. But what I really think we need is a regular bank. Where we could deposit items that might come in handy in later levels for example. It's plain stupid we don't have any trade/bank-system and POTCO seems to be the only MMO without that system. The developers need to listen more to feedback and be more open for suggestions.

hmm how can i give you the POTCO teams prospective....well, if in the 16th 17th century jack sparrow went to a bank somwhere instead of keeping his money safe he would get cuaght and be given to authority
coz hes a thiefe
also... for pirates they didnt stay in a country/city they stayed in thier own ships so Jack's bank is in England and he is on tortuga and he needs money fast coz hes taking scarlet out for dinner, he cant go all the way to london for it can he
so the best place for pirate money ISSSS>>>thier ship
wich we POTCO players dot live in so the best place for our money ISSS>>>our pockets
....Furtheremore its also the best place to keep yer weapons and other clothes...and thats why POTCO team has provided us with HUGEE pockets,yet for some unknowen reason people still ask for more!! :D

Well ofcourse, for us who likes to save on rare clothing for example, it's a big problem.
I don't like having my inventory stuffed with "Clothing of the Month". And some of us would love to have some place to put our famed/legendary weapons, as we collect more stuff our inventory gets more and more stuffed.

See where I'm going? - It's needed.

hmm how can i give you the POTCO teams prospective....well, if in the 16th 17th century jack sparrow went to a bank somwhere instead of keeping his money safe he would get cuaght and be given to authority
coz hes a thiefe
also... for pirates they didnt stay in a country/city they stayed in thier own ships so Jack's bank is in England and he is on tortuga and he needs money fast coz hes taking scarlet out for dinner, he cant go all the way to london for it can he
so the best place for pirate money ISSSS>>>thier ship
wich we POTCO players dot live in so the best place for our money ISSS>>>our pockets
....Furtheremore its also the best place to keep yer weapons and other clothes...and thats why POTCO team has provided us with HUGEE pockets,yet for some unknowen reason people still ask for more!! :D

I live on my ship ;). And I mean a bank for our guilds. Not a public bank.

I live on my ship ;). And I mean a bank for our guilds. Not a public bank.

You do have a general suggestion though, right? For every guild? Disney can't just design a bank system for one guild? And I mean, unless Disney has a better system to prevent quarelling about GMs and Officers keeping guild members gold, it's a 'trust' issue. Not everyone is trustworthy, even a gm/an officer. Not everyone 'can' trust a gm and officers, even though the gm/officers 'are' trustworthy.

Reactions: Bad
I think a guild bank would be a cool idea. Although there would need to be limits to what you can do and other rules.

I love this idea. A guild bank would be great as it would also increase the competition between guild. Another idea which i am sure has been mentioned before is guild flags. Guilds can buy or unlock better guild flags or have more flag custom options depending on how much gold they have in their bank. This flag would also appear above your pirate ship. I think all ideas such as limitations, interests, etc have already been mentioned. I just wish the Developers would really consider these ideas.

I think a guild bank would be a cool idea. Although there would need to be limits to what you can do and other rules.
A lot would abuse the bank and guild if there were no limitations and no one was in control...

You do have a general suggestion though, right? For every guild? Disney can't just design a bank system for one guild? And I mean, unless Disney has a better system to prevent quarelling about GMs and Officers keeping guild members gold, it's a 'trust' issue. Not everyone is trustworthy, even a gm/an officer. Not everyone 'can' trust a gm and officers, even though the gm/officers 'are' trustworthy.
Yes, I mean an account for all guilds seperately. Each guild member can deposit to the bank, but only the gm and maybe officers, or maybe even ppl thegm has selected would be able to transfer or withdraw the money. It would be a good in-guild rewards system. If someone from my guild gets most ships sunk in a contest that we are having within the guild, they could be rewarded with gold. As for the trust issue...i trust my officdrs that I have now to not boot the entire guild and run us into the ground so it would just be a further extension of that trust. It would also cause gm's to be a little more wary about who they promote :)

Also, It would give the basic access players more incentive to become unlimited, leading to more money for POTCO, leading to more money for game development, leading to cool things down the road for pirates like us!! ;)

Also, It would give the basic access players more incentive to become unlimited, leading to more money for POTCO, leading to more money for game development, leading to cool things down the road for pirates like us!! ;)

Well, if you made it so that only unlimited members could access the bank system and have money transfered, that is...

Back