Any Photography Buffs out there?

Love your photos Mike, they look clean and professional.

Some of my snobbish tries:
IMG_20150713_205342.png

IMG_20150713_195021.png
IMG_20150713_185017.png
IMG_20150718_191123.png

16YaQZTuvWH8CzfS4sp4ZI5WGIIZAGFlISgHRqeDeBg

IMG_20150722_203737.png

Last edited:
Back to be posting a few more!

Summer has passed and fall has come around. I shot these photographs on October 15th and 16th, I just thought now of uploading them.

Here they are!

The pictures are inside the spoilers. If they don't appear right away wait a few seconds, they're loading(large pictures).

Last edited:
I'm new here and specifically searched for photography lovers. I'm addicted to my camera and I always have it with me. I use a Canon Rebel T3i with a Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 lens. I don't hardly ever take pictures of people rather of nature and landscapes and old buildings. Below will be some of my work.

xYYWurK.jpg
The above won me "peoples choice" earlier this month on a photo contest site.

pZmD434.jpg
I'm a lover of the stars. Living in rural Texas, I'm privileged to see amazing night time skies.

Sy2p4AX.jpg
As evident by the lightning above, I love to storm chase. As a firefighter/first responder, I chase storms for the photography aspect but also to help those in need during severe weather outbreaks. This one hit close to home..as in it was in my home county. We had 4 major storms move through my county with at least one weather service confirmed tornado and tons of hail. Made for one epic day. This picture of mine went viral on Facebook being shared all over the US and at least some in Canada. Over 1000 shares and 700+ likes. This one grabs peoples attention.

eZ8xBn6r.png
Sometimes being in focus isn't everything.

iNOCbcD.jpg
You'd be surprised at what you can find in the city. Zilker Botanical Garden in Austin, Texas.

lreKAwN.png

6FHZJIE.png
A different view of my states flower, the bluebonnet.

ojFCobx.png
This beautiful longhorn bull stood there like this for a few minutes allowing me to take multiple pictures of him. He knows.

Og1zc3K.png
Ibp0tTH.png
Mnto46J.jpg
9nvq1eM.png
V9tPMDe.png
spNu97S.png
Watch out now. There are 6 picture above in this one spoiler. Palo Duro is such a beautiful place. If you're ever in the area of Amarillo, Texas and you can get to the canyon, go. You won't regret it.

MtvU8Do.png

Now to the trained eye, you'll see a difference in the water mark. I grew to change it and at one point, had to reset my pc thus having to remake it. Decided to go a little more anonymous with the name though I don't mind if people know who I am. Hope y'all enjoy and I hope to see more pictures shared by other lovers of photography. Follow me on Instagram for more pictures at texanfireman911.

Last edited:
I'm new here and specifically searched for photography lovers. I'm addicted to my camera and I always have it with me. I use a Canon Rebel T3i with a Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 lens. I don't hardly ever take pictures of people rather of nature and landscapes and old buildings. Below will be some of my work.

xYYWurK.jpg
The above won me "peoples choice" earlier this month on a photo contest site.

pZmD434.jpg
I'm a lover of the stars. Living in rural Texas, I'm privileged to see amazing night time skies.

Sy2p4AX.jpg
As evident by the lightning above, I love to storm chase. As a firefighter/first responder, I chase storms for the photography aspect but also to help those in need during severe weather outbreaks. This one hit close to home..as in it was in my home county. We had 4 major storms move through my county with at least one weather service confirmed tornado and tons of hail. Made for one epic day. This picture of mine went viral on Facebook being shared all over the US and at least some in Canada. Over 1000 shares and 700+ likes. This one grabs peoples attention.

eZ8xBn6r.png
Sometimes being in focus isn't everything.

iNOCbcD.jpg
You'd be surprised at what you can find in the city. Zilker Botanical Garden in Austin, Texas.

lreKAwN.png

6FHZJIE.png
A different view of my states flower, the bluebonnet.

ojFCobx.png
This beautiful longhorn bull stood there like this for a few minutes allowing me to take multiple pictures of him. He knows.

Og1zc3K.png
Ibp0tTH.png
Mnto46J.jpg
9nvq1eM.png
V9tPMDe.png
spNu97S.png
Watch out now. There are 6 picture above in this one spoiler. Palo Duro is such a beautiful place. If you're ever in the area of Amarillo, Texas and you can get to the canyon, go. You won't regret it.

MtvU8Do.png

Now to the trained eye, you'll see a difference in the water mark. I grew to change it and at one point, had to reset my pc thus having to remake it. Decided to go a little more anonymous with the name though I don't mind if people know who I am. Hope y'all enjoy and I hope to see more pictures shared by other lovers of photography. Follow me on Instagram for more pictures at texanfireman911.

The mountain ones are insane haha, nice!

Photography is really nice, but what I don't understand is how the heck do people such as the camera men in "Savage Kingdom" get close up shots on animals like the Elk and Tiger, and not have them run off or try to eat you? The close up shots are also ridiculously HD!

Wow, those are some great looking pictures!

You know, my dad is a professional advertising photographer so if you need any tips or have any questions just send me a PM and ill ask him about it and get back to you. He still has a dark room in his studio where he develops his own film (sometimes) and plans on teaching me how to do it in the near future.

Last edited:
I am guessing the camera peeps get there early, maybe been there days, habe high power fast lens with proper tripod for weight of camera, and if its a movie camea the tripod has to have fluid heads to stop the jerky movements of panning or tilt. They are up wind and camouflaged, google how to flim . practice locally and edit the films. I use sony camcorders 4k, sony actions cames.I think i have 4 of them. a nikon aw120 for pictures. but I am fiming top fuel, pro nitro funny bike teams, try with the stuff you have access to and work with it. I have a top end fuluid heads tripod that works. My films can be seen on you tube under my name . enjoy. and questions feel free to ask

Those look great! Before I got my DSLR I had used my iPhone, that last picture of the bon fire was taken with my iPhone. Make the best with what you have.

There are tons of neat things you can do that'll make iPhone/Cell Phone photography more interesting, check out this video:

EDIT: Here are a few pictures I've taken with my iPhone:
I really like this shot, shallow depth of field and sharp focus plus great contrast, way to go. Grapes?
CpeB2Sq.jpg
2wT3bO8.jpg
2zxQ3qI.jpg

@Mike Wass I particularly like the black and white pic in your first post (4th one down?) and your close up nature photographs are truly beautiful :)
one day when I'm feeling brave I might post some of my own XD

Didn't even see the OP yet and was going to post I know @Mike Wass is a photography buff!

I, myself, am not, but have been considering getting into lately.
I heard it's lots of fun and I already have a nice camera (my dad does at least).
I already do photoshop work so I thought it would be nice to have some pictures of my own to include with that.

~ Davy :)

I haven't made any threads relating to my personal hobbies and thought now may be a good time to start! :)

I love photography. Love may even be an understatement. I enjoy using both film(B&W) and digital cameras. I develop my own film and make my own enlargements. My camera bag is stuffed with many useful things when out taking pictures. At this moment, my only DSLR digital camera is a Nikon D3200. I have two lenses for it, a 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens.

My camera bag consists of the items listed below:

• Nikon D3200 Digital Camera (Black)
  • Chinon Genesis IV Film Camera
  • Numerous types of film.
  • NIKKOR 55-200mm lens.
  • NIKKOR 18-55mm lens.
  • Polarizing Filter
  • UV Filter
  • Tri-pod
  • Remote shutter release
Now onto the actual result of the products, here are a few pictures that I have taken. Below each picture I will say what camera took then.
za8z7jo.jpg

Nikon D3200
0us0H0L.jpg

Nikon D3200
i3RrTV3.jpg

Nikon D3200
fVZpWkU.jpg

Nikon D3200
rrRei4K.jpg

Nikon D3200
s2MNIXQ.jpg

Nikon D3200
pnTkUkT.jpg

Nikon D3200
tvI1LDS.jpg

Nikon D3200
JiIkpmw.jpg

Nikon D3200
IqwMXtn.jpg

Nikon D3200
3WpQ3LJ.jpg

Nikon D3200

xQzAjc4.jpg

Nikon D3200

Xvir4mf.jpg

Nikon D3200

0LP0cAx.jpg

Nikon D3200

D8bJAxk.jpg

Nikon D3200

rVRF6Ed.jpg

Chinon Genesis IV

OMN3elr.jpg

iPhone 5s (Shocker?)

Have any nice pictures? Make a post with em'!

Didn't even see the OP yet and was going to post I know @Mike Wass is a photography buff!

I, myself, am not, but have been considering getting into lately.
I heard it's lots of fun and I already have a nice camera (my dad does at least).
I already do photoshop work so I thought it would be nice to have some pictures of my own to include with that.

~ Davy :)
The real trick to photography is to catch the beauty without photoshop. Digital in some ways has taken some of the challenge and skill out of photography from my day. The computer is the new darkroom. It's getting harder and more expensive to get my medium format negative film developed/processed.
Camera phones have just about killed the concept of composition and framing.

But that's progress I guess.

Although I've totally embraced computer HDR or true High Dynamic Range, done right with multiple exposures, not the single frame cheap HDR the marketers like to sell to people who aren't that experienced.

I've completely forgotten about this thread! Might be worth to note that my long range lens was damaged in a photo shoot I did in the rain. I had a bag-like thing over it to protect it, but water found a way in.

However, I've managed to add onto my collection of cameras. I bought an old Polaroid off a friend from HS - as well as found an old 110 film camera. I'm unsure whether or not I'd be able to get that film developed now-a-days, or even buy any of it (there's probably some on eBay).

The real trick to photography is to catch the beauty without photoshop. Digital in some ways has taken some of the challenge and skill out of photography from my day. The computer is the new darkroom. It's getting harder and more expensive to get my medium format negative film developed/processed.
Camera phones have just about killed the concept of composition and framing.

But that's progress I guess.

Although I've totally embraced computer HDR or true High Dynamic Range, done right with multiple exposures, not the single frame cheap HDR the marketers like to sell to people who aren't that experienced.
So true! However, the instant satisfaction of getting to see your picture and know right away whether or not it's failed does have its advantages. It's certainly been very useful being able to adjust my camera's settings live and seeing instant results.

But then again, just as you've said, that's taking away most of the challenge. Which has its own set of pros and cons.

Last edited:
I've completely forgotten about this thread! Might be worth to note that my long range lens was damaged in a photo shoot I did in the rain. I had a bag-like thing over it to protect it, but water found a way in.

However, I've managed to onto my collection of cameras. I bought an old Polaroid off a friend from HS - as well as found an old 110 film camera. I'm unsure whether or not I'd be able to get that film developed now-a-days, or even buy any of it (there's probably some on eBay).

So true! However, the instant satisfaction of getting to see your picture and know right away whether or not it's failed does have its advantages. It's certainly been very useful being able to adjust my camera's settings live and seeing instant results.

But then again, just as you've said, that's taking away most of the challenge. Which has its own set of pros and cons.
Yes. Everything has a place and time. I'm not taking anything away from people growing up in the digital age without negatives.
The digital revolution is a true paradigm shift in an amazing way. I still remember the first digital stuff I messed with had a whopping 125 pixel resolution with a matchbox sized media. I don't remember what it was. Had a little dinky flip out screen and didn't have live view, just what you shot. But I knew then that just about all my negative equipment was going to be in storage space somewhere.

What I see lost with todays photographers is not creativity, but knowledge lost. Knowledge of light which is what a photo is, basic knowledge of depth of field. Not how to take the picture, but the why the image worked.

I have a nephew that brags about his computer skilz when he tells me he writes programs for websites. I ask him about what language he would use to display images on his monitor so he could read them. He had no idea what I was talking about. Machine language. graphic api. I asked him what boots up when he turns on his computer. He wasn't sure. What he does is take parts of existing modules and restructures them fpr clients to incorporate. He doesn't know the why his mods work or almost anything below his software. Basically, he doesn't know what came before, and would not be able to troubleshoot his own software. Not photo related as such, but here's an interesting guy and his long running computer website. GRC.com.

We are going the same way with photo lighting or everyday lighting. Sunlight to incandescent to flourescent to LED. Who knows what's next. Video lighting is getting amazing.

Last edited:
i guess this kinda fits here. I film Harley Drag Racers. Im on 2 diff teams. This is the last one I shot and edited. Iron Thunder you tube channel

View: https://youtu.be/8LBOBQFcFTM
Nicely done. I like the folks each getting on the seat near the end.
When you say 2 teams, are you actually a racer or crew of the bikes? Or video teams?

What equipment are you using? I use Sony PMW-300, EX1's, Redbox, Hitachi, Canon and most the other kitchen sink. Steadycam, Osmo and drones. Retired broadcast camera amongst other things.

Back