Any tips for leveling sailing?

Irish z

Pirate
I find this by far the most annoying to level. What I do is borrow my friends war brig or frigate. I´m just trying to get to 15, any tips?

Yeah, it is annoying. I don't know much about tips, I got there the hard way - just going around and sinking enemy ships. I've heard that if you kill a higher level ship with a light sloop it will give you more xp. Don't quote me on that though. I've never tried it and don't know if it works. IIRC after a certain patch it was no longer a valid boost for leveling sailing.

Ship rep is gained based on the number of broadsides you have to fire. Find a balance of where you're getting about 100 rep or so to kill and those are likely the most efficient ships for you to sink.

I recommend leveling it solo. Joyriding with a crew is pretty low rep but good money/loot.

I believe the quickest way to rep on sailing is by sinking ships with your broadsides.
If you don't like sailing, then why worry about leveling in it?
Savor it!

Actually, I would advise against using your friend's War ships. Rep in this game is completely based on the amount of weapons / hits it takes to kill an enemy. Which is why throwing knives will give you the most rep.

I would actually recommend using your own ships, which you probably have a brig or frigate. It will take more broadsides to sink an enemy, so use those.

If you want to power level with the harder enemies, get at least 100 Rep per sink, go level around Isla Tormenta. You'll find the highest level enemies there.

And, as always, remember the sweet spots on a ship!

-Tom

Sailing is by far the hardest because it doesn't take ship levels into consideration. 1 Round shot broadside=2 xp. So more hits=more xp. Set your CANNON's round shot skill to 1 and you should be getting some more xp/ship.

Sailing is by far the hardest because it doesn't take ship levels into consideration. 1 Round shot broadside=2 xp. So more hits=more xp. Set your CANNON's round shot skill to 1 and you should be getting some more xp/ship.

sent to 1 with a war brig or frigate, because I get more shots?

@Irish z War Galleons have the most broadsides, so you'll get the most rep from those. I happen to have one. If you ever want to borrow mine, PM me, and I'll try to come online to hand it over to you. Won't always be possible, so we'll have to see.

Sail laps around Tormenta or Outcast, upgrade round shot and broadsides asap. Go for quantity, not quality of EXP from ships, just sink them as fast as possible.

Sail laps around Tormenta or Outcast, upgrade round shot and broadsides asap. Go for quantity, not quality of EXP from ships, just sink them as fast as possible.

This is the way I do it, I know you get more rep for sinking ships slower with more shots, but hey when I'm sailing I prefer to at least attempt to get a couple skulls in the cargo. Makes it feel less grindy and adds excitement.

I find this by far the most annoying to level. What I do is borrow my friends war brig or frigate. I´m just trying to get to 15, any tips?
there's no secret way are faster way for sailing, just have fun with your friends while you're sailing and you'll be there b4 you know it

Back