Anyone Actually Plays Poker?

Basil Darkratte

Site Founder
In the next chapter of remember me Jack and another Guy* Play Poker. I would like to know does anyone here plays poker? I need to know the movements of the cards and which beats what. The last move will be, Sixes over Fours, Aces over Jacks.

* Unable to show name, because it will spoil the story.

Eh sadly mate, I'm only good at Blackjack, but from my experience, search some keywords on Google, you should find some important things there, good luck.
(OFF-TOPIC)
Aces over Jacks, hm... maybe a good ol' fight between legendary enemies?

Eh sadly mate, I'm only good at Blackjack, but from my experience, search some keywords on Google, you should find some important things there, good luck.
(OFF-TOPIC)
Aces over Jacks, hm... maybe a good ol' fight between legendary enemies?

the last part... don't..... say...... anything! lol

Well, here is a list of all the movements from the POTCO site.
Cardhands.gif

i hear bella got a couple of war ships with her poke winings. so don't play with her till ya know the game very well or we may think your basic cause you lost your shirt.:flag:

I'm good at POTCO blackjack, and I can play POTCO poker, 5-card stud poker (and no, stud isn't a genetic term in this case), and cribbage.

I use to play every Friday night with the girls....and I tell you...no messing with them...they play tough!
I wish there was a way I could teach ya Basil.....I enjoy playing....but not enough people do play it.... and it is because they are like you...not sure! I could sit next to ya....but there is not enough time in between hands to talk about the hands!

I use to play every Friday night with the girls....and I tell you...no messing with them...they play tough!
I wish there was a way I could teach ya Basil.....I enjoy playing....but not enough people do play it.... and it is because they are like you...not sure! I could sit next to ya....but there is not enough time in between hands to talk about the hands!

I could make some parts up myself. All I really need is what the dealer does, like how many cards he gives out, and If there are two players, how many ' checks' does it take until you have to show your hand.

This might help ya some...

The goal of Poker is to have the best hand, or make your opponents think you do so they will drop out. You can bluff and simpily convince everyone you have the best hand. A skilled player soon learns when to go for an actual win, when to bluff, and when it's time to fold.

In the Pirates Poker, some cards are laid face-up on the table and are combined for the best hand with each player’s own two in the hole or also called pocket cards. Each round, players bet, check (no bet), or call depending on what they have, what they think the others have, or what they want the others to think they have. Players must continue through all rounds of betting, unless others fold. There is no option for All-In (bet everything you have), unless it is less than the current bet. Now, the cards placed in center by the dealer are bet on or checked. If all players check than dealer keeps dealing more cards out till another bet is in play and so on.
Playing a Hand http://piratesonline.wikia.com/index.php?title=Poker&action=edit&section=4

Look at who’s playing. If nearly all the players are in the same guild, do yourself a favor and walk away. Odds are good they’re running the table and you will be the next pigeon plucked (See Crew Cheating).
Simple Strategy

If you don’t bet on a good hand, then why play it? Checking each round gets you no money. You shouldn’t bet unless you have something; either an opening pair of hole cards, an Ace, two face cards, or two sequenced cards (preferably of the same suit). You need fair cards to build on. If you paid the blind, it won’t hurt to check and see the next 3 cards (flop). If everyone checks, do they have anything? After two rounds of everyone checking, go ahead and bet, it is likely they will fold. Should someone call you, then at least money is in the pot and you know something is in play.
Bluffing is an art. Either start early or… when next card shows potential. (Ex. If a 6 of Diamonds, Jack of Hearts and an 8 of Spades is showing, the best you be hiding is three of a kind. So, a bluff likely wouldn’t fly. But, if three cards for a potential straight, flush or a pair are showing, you could be hiding something big.)
If you’re going to bluff, you have to keep it up. You can’t keep raising and raising, then at the last card just check. The jig is up at that point. Bluffing won’t work the same everytime. You will learn as you go!
Cheatin' http://piratesonline.wikia.com/index.php?title=Poker&action=edit&section=7

A Pirate has been known to cheat at cards! If you get a card up your sleeve, you can swap it into your hand! Arrrrrr, now this be fun!!

There two ways to cheat in the Pirates Poker: Card Swapping and Crew Chat.
Card Swapping is built into the game. It’s what those cards you keep finding when you kill bad guys are for. When it’s your turn, the game will prompt if you want to swap a card. You only get 1 swap per hand, make it count. Watch out don't get caught!

Failing to swap

http://piratesonline.wikia.com/index.php?title=Poker&action=edit&section=9Swapping a card isn't guaranteed. For some reason, the swap may just not happen. You will not be caught if it fails, but you will lose the card. And sometimes, even if the swap succeeds, the dealer will notice that you have cheated. This will result in you being fined for some gold, and you will wind up being sent to jail. And this will be know to everyone playing in the area! Beware that the other players may try and swap for the same card you are. The most obvious hand could be the one that costs you. This is all part of the game trying to catch you cheating. http://piratesonline.wikia.com/index.php?title=Poker&action=edit&section=10If you decide to cheat, do it sparingly. Other players will get suspicious if you take 30 seconds every hand to make a decision.

You shouldn’t risk card swapping for a small money game or hand; save’em until the pot is worth it. It’s hard enough to find’em.
Hold off on card swaps until the last round. Swapping before the flop cards may net you a pair, but if the flop would have given you a perfect flush or straight – you just missed it. If you do cheat and win big, do yourself a favor and get up from the table, even if to just change seats. If you don’t and get caught later, all that money is gone. The game registers each sitting as separate. Pay attention to the cards in play! Pulling a cheat card that is on the table will send you right to jail. Obtaining Cheat Cards
Shane McGreeny in Port Royal's Royal Anchor bar gives out three different quests, each of whose payoff is a cheat card.

You can kill an enemy, you may find playing card loot.
Crew Cheatin' http://piratesonline.wikia.com/index.php?title=Poker&action=edit&section=12

When two or more players crew up together is where some real money can be made. It’s simple enough, crew up with your mate(s) and have a seat. As the cards are dealt, just tell each other what you have in Crew Chat. Once it’s decided who would have the winning hand, the crew gets to work on the other players. Each round, members of the circle raise to build up the pot. A little practice will teach when it’s good to call and when to stack’em up. If all other players fold, then the crew just picks who takes that pot and the rest fold.
Poker and Quests http://piratesonline.wikia.com/index.php?title=Poker&action=edit&section=13

When playing poker quests, you are required to win a certain amount of money playing poker. Fortunately and unrealistically, any money you lose playing poker does not count against you. As long as you win poker pots totaling the required amount, you will succeed in your quest.

I LOVE playing poker in real life and in POTCO. Especially when it's just vs the NPC's. It's easy to tell if they have a hand or not, and not to mention sometimes, they fist pump and cheer when they get the card on the river they were wanting, so you know it's time to fold unless your holding something big as well. It's also fairly easy to bluff the NPC players and win some easy pots. But, the players I don't like playing with, are the ones who bet EVERY time...then fold at the end or have nothing. I realize it's probably a kid not knowing how to play, or maybe someone trying to finish a poker quest as fast as they can, but it's the hardest person to play against and strategize. So...to Padres I go, it is tough to play that way when its 20 gold instead of 2.

~Etar1pAI

Back