Anyone else having this issue?

I've only experienced this when I joined a ship whose cargo was already full, and they ported before I/we could knock down any new ships. Sounds pretty fair to me.

Are you sure you stuck around long enough to sink ships while you were onboard?

As Deckshot alluded, you only receive credit for the cargo you were present for.

If you were actually present and received cargo and didn't get any of it, that may be a bug that the TLOPO team will need to look into.

I am positive I was on board long enough. If anyone else is having this issue please report it so they don't think I am nuts. I asked the last captain why and he even said I ws there the whole time and he didn't understand.

well deanaug, if you read my posts you know I dont just ride ships in with no work. I always shoot plenty, always. I always help aquire loot/cargo.

I've noticed that too, even if you join in the middle or at the end of the voyage you don't get gold or loot/cargo even if you repair or all cannons are full there is nothing mentioned in the UPDATE notes for changes in sailing drops so IF anyone else noticed this I guess TLOPO Team can take a look on this. 🙂

Update: I was tonight on 2 ships this is what I got:
screenshot_2019-08-22_09-34-09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think more specifically you only get loot for ships you've physically tagged with a cannonball which means if you can't get on a cannon and help with repairing you won't get credited for loot.
If you literally saw loot showing up on your screen though it should be credited to you if you are present.

I can't pinpoint exactly when this started to occur but I noticed this after the last 3 updates/ this is NEW.

Yes they have made it so you physically have to be there when the loot is gotten and it appears even have to tag the ships. With lag issues sometimes hitting ships is hit and miss. Becoming very hard to get loot on ships. I am spending more time at Jimmy but sometimes his loot is lower too. Not sure how it is managed.

Just tried a sailing run, Abassa; didn't fire a single shot, no ship repair, nothing. Got a full hull of loot and cargo; as far as I can tell the looting redesign is working as expected.

sailing_loot.png

Just tried a sailing run, Abassa; didn't fire a single shot, no ship repair, nothing. Got a full hull of loot and cargo; as far as I can tell the looting redesign is working as expected.

View attachment 115725
I appreciate you trying it out very much. Wish I had screen shot several of the ships I was on because mine said 0 gold and nothing showed on the loot side. The last one there were 6 skull chests and the rest materials and I got nothing. Did you try with getting on the ship after the person sailing had sunk a few ships, but had not finished the run or were you on at the beginning of the run? Also I assume you were just on the ship not the one sailing. That is where I think most of us see the problem. We were not on the ship from the beginning of it sailing, we may have come in at the middle of a run which I could understand not getting everything but not getting nothing.

Last edited:
It might be a bug that only occurs in certain circumstances or after doing a certain activity, gathering more data from players who is having the issue and then trying your best to replicate the problem would be best option. Surely everyone not making it up, i have ran into it too a few times and its odd. Keep looking guys and good luck :football:

Thank you @katnypp for posting the updated notes! 🙂

Alright, so they explained what is going on of late with sailing and I'm happy it is not a bug/issue but I'm sad that with those changes sailing is broken even further... Of course, going to sail with your own ship to get loot still cool but won't be the same because right now to go at public ships at this point is totally useless if you don't get anything.
😿

The 'crew' probably should take another crack at explaining this update. Right now it was actually vague as they just mentioned being present, however just about everyone has questions or confusions what 'being present' means. Such as, does one have to tag a ship themselves via cannon for each ship credit? Does afk still get loot if standing around during future sinkings?
Why even show any loot or results if one isn't getting anything.

If one has to perform an action to get credit, and not doing anything as in afk gives nothing, then I can see this going pretty far to eliminate afk problems.

Back