Application Error 0x40000015

RottenBeard

Honorable Pirate
I was in this really big sea battle just now. Bounty hunters and SOTLs everywhere, cannonballs darted across the screen, clipping through ships, and my crew and I were just about to take on the next ship, when suddenly I froze for about 5 seconds. The music continued and then repeated like a broken record for another 2 seconds, and the screen flickered. After that, I was greeted with this error:

error0x40000015.JPG

Normally, I would dismiss this as a regular error that happens every day, but I have not played in a long time (a few months) so it doesn't hurt to try. While I'm sure the devs know exactly whats going on in this picture and probably know this problem exists. While its good to report bugs, I have some technical questions about it if somebody doesn't mind answering...

1. What does the error message mean? Why does it sound redundant like that? "The exception unknown software exception" seems like a weird sentence, even for an error message.

2. I don't know what/where 0x004ed5de is. Is this a corrupted file on my end?

3. Why does the background show me in an area that I was in over an hour before? (That was just after I had finished playing a game of cannon defense, and pulled out my sword to whoop the scorpion for fun) Why did it save that particular location in general instead of showing the screen I was on? Was that saved somewhere?

I might be a hypochondriac about this, but this error just felt weird, like something in my files went wrong. It could be nothing so you can call me crazy :hypno::paranoid1:

You're good. This is a bare-bones error message reported by Windows basically saying that an error occurred and Windows doesn't know why. I would guess that it's probably a memory leak caused by something sailing related, and it's not your fault. The message "The exception unknown software exception" was auto-generated by Windows, not TLOPO. This message isn't helpful to humans (even developers), so if you want to report a problem you can send support an error log.

The scary hexadecimal thing (0x004ed5de) is called a memory address, which is a reference to a physical part of your computer's memory. You don't need to know more about it unless you really want to learn how operating systems work.

The log generated by TLOPO may contain more useful information. Email your log to support@tlopo.com by copying and pasting the content of the log to the email body. Don't send it as an attachment (they don't like that for what ever reason). Unless you changed the install location for TLOPO, it'll be under C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\logs.

You're good. This is a bare-bones error message reported by Windows basically saying that an error occurred and Windows doesn't know why. I would guess that it's probably a memory leak caused by something sailing related, and it's not your fault. The message "The exception unknown software exception" was auto-generated by Windows, not TLOPO. This message isn't helpful to humans (even developers), so if you want to report a problem you can send support an error log.

The scary hexadecimal thing (0x004ed5de) is called a memory address, which is a reference to a physical part of your computer's memory. You don't need to know more about it unless you really want to learn how operating systems work.

The log generated by TLOPO may contain more useful information. Email your log to support@tlopo.com by copying and pasting the content of the log to the email body. Don't send it as an attachment (they don't like that for what ever reason). Unless you changed the install location for TLOPO, it'll be under C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\logs.
Thats interesting. Thank you! My computer doesnt have a lot of space on it, so that might have something to do with it?
Anyways, the reason I asked so much is because recently I’ve been getting into how software works. Especially with how OSs work. I dont think this is worth bugging anyone over if its nothing important, but thanks anyways!

Back