Question Are brig's the "best" ship class in the game currently?

Udoroth

Dockworker
Hey all im a very new player is the game, i played POTCO briefly back in the day as an ftp when the HMS Golaith boss battle was still buggy and could only be killed by shooting at one specific spot.

And back back then i remember War Frigates being all the rave but i was never around to play with/sail on brig's

And now i come here and in game the few people i meet ingame are all using war brigs and i come on here to the forums and all i see in the ship subforums are you guys are all talking about war brigs/brigs and how it's your favorite type of ship with various customization upgrades etc

and buying and sailing one for my self of the light and normal class i defiantly do feel that its very strong; faster than galleon's but not as fragile like sloops , guess frigates could be stronger if you actually get a crew to man the deck cannons

War Brigs are technically the highest class, most expensive, takes more mats to upgrade.
Also is the biggest ship meaning more room to run around more cannons more broadsides etc..
I personally believe the ship type you get is up to you but war brigs are indeed a good ship to have.

For material (mat) runs, captains tend to prefer them. They offer just the right ratio of speed to cargo to protection to make them the most appealing choice for going up against hunters.

It just so happens that mat running is one of the most common things people do in the game besides questing. The other ships still have their specific uses but based on usefulness in the endgame, you could say a Copperhead V War Brig is the best in the game.

The Sloop class was designed for SvS. It has superior speed and far inferior armor and cargo space. If you need to get in and out of somewhere fast it's the way to go, especially if your opponents are human.

The Galleon was designed to be a 'tank' in a sense. It's the strongest when it comes to hull defenses but it falls short in speed. This makes it fine for questing but useless in any fast-paced battle (SvS or mat running). It's slow and hunters (which you will face if you sail for long enough) are fast. With the addition of the Brig class, I believe this class of ships is obsolete.

The Frigate was designed for fighting the AI. It boasts superior armor but does so with superior speed to the Galleon. Bearing in mind the War Frigate's 16 cargo to the War Sloop's 14 cargo, the War Frigate is simply the better choice. And I didn't even mention the cannons. I still believe that the cannon placement on the Frigate class is the best there has ever been in this game.

The Brig class is like a refined Galleon. It brings the best things about all the other classes into one ship. The War Frigate and War Brig are comparable but it comes down to this:

The War Frigate boasts superior armor to the War Frigate but the War Brig boasts superior maneuverability. If you put them up against one another in SvS, it would legitimately come down to each crew's skill, and I think that's the most important thing to take away from it.

. If you put them up against one another in SvS, it would legitimately come down to each crew's skill, and I think that's the most important thing to take away from it.

What is SvS? i dont remeber such a thing from wheni played early in the game? was it content added later? is that the endgame?

It's ship PvP. SvS is short for Ship versus Ship.

This is the wiki page:
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Privateering

When people have maxed out their weapons and completed every quest they care about, they turn to upgrading their ships and grinding for legendary weapons.

http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_Customization

So the end-game is, unfortunately, a grind fest. That seems to be a characteristic of story-driven MMORPGs.

https://piratesforums.co/threads/legendary-weapon-screenshots.24376/unread

Back