are legendary fish dropping loot?

16 and no loot. I think they are broken right now. Should be getting Famed and Legendary from em but not happening rn. And no Rep for Notoriety? Shouldn't they give like 500 Rep or something or different amount depending on which one you catch? Like Fire Dragon gives 1500 for being so rare and hard to catch compared, Speedy like 500 for being easier (Mega Mouth gives 300 so 500 and up is good for em all), and the rest different amounts in between? I mean I'm mastered already but for people who aren't, that'd be nice since Legendaries are more rare to come across.

After looking through some of the Wiki pages, it's still unclear to me exactly what the rewards for catching legendaries are. There is mention of
- Rep: 150 (all types)
- Gold: Varies by type

Regarding loot drops, I saw one picture of someone getting a famed weapon (Bejeweled Cutlass).

In order for us to make any required changes so legendary fish rewards are not "broken", we need to acquire VERY SPECIFIC information on what those rewards should be. Not sure if this behavior changed over the lifetime of POTCO, but we are looking only for behavior as it existed at the END of the game.

Thank you,
Dean

After looking through some of the Wiki pages, it's still unclear to me exactly what the rewards for catching legendaries are. There is mention of

Regarding loot drops, I saw one picture of someone getting a famed weapon (Bejeweled Cutlass).

In order for us to make any required changes so legendary fish rewards are not "broken", we need to acquire VERY SPECIFIC information on what those rewards should be. Not sure if this behavior changed over the lifetime of POTCO, but we are looking only for behavior as it existed at the END of the game.

Thank you,
Dean

Ah, I see. Okay then, well good to know what's up! Really hoping it get's implemented correctly soon. I'd expect only Famed and Legendary drops but maybe Rare as well, who knows. Maybe find out from people who played back then and caught Legendary fish, they might know what stuff dropped. I missed out on the one I tried to catch and videos I see, they don't even show what they got, just how to catch em.

Ah, I see. Okay then, well good to know what's up! Really hoping it get's implemented correctly soon. I'd expect only Famed and Legendary drops but maybe Rare as well, who knows. Maybe find out from people who played back then and caught Legendary fish, they might know what stuff dropped. I missed out on the one I tried to catch and videos I see, they don't even show what they got, just how to catch em.
I'm looking right now just to see if I can help any. All the videos are relatively old (2010/2011) and the drops aren't that frequent. Most drops so far were common as well as a crude cannon ram. Idk if that helps any.

EDIT: Assuming Disney kept drops from these fish, famed was def possible but 99% of the time with no loot, or common

Yep that's why I posted, to get solid information from the expert pirates of old! :)

I caught all of the legendary fish in POTCO, several of them more than once.
They did not always drop loot, and I never found anything better than rare from those drops.
That does not mean that they never dropped a famed for someone else, however.

A bit of an update: Since fishing was implemented in fall-ish of 2010, loot was dropped. This goes up to June 2011. Still trying to find more recent ones

Thank you,
Dean
i do remember getting a famed cutlass from speedy lou on the old potco (not sure which one it was) but most of the times they dropped what tier 3 fish are dropping right now. Also they did not always give loot

That's odd, you'd think Legendary Fish would drop only Rare and up. Welp! Maybe the chances can be changed up a bit? Unless you really want them to stick true to how they were then.

That's odd, you'd think Legendary Fish would drop only Rare and up. Welp! Maybe the chances can be changed up a bit? Unless you really want them to stick true to how they were then.
The real reward for catching them was the gold. They dropped significant amounts of gold, any loot was just a bonus it seems. After going through a ton of videos it seems like their drops were the same as any Tier 3 fish.

The real reward for catching them was the gold. They dropped significant amounts of gold, any loot was just a bonus it seems. After going through a ton of videos it seems like their drops were the same as any Tier 3 fish.

Lol, only sucky thing is I cap out at 200K all the time now after spending a few grand. Now if they up that amount to say 500K then that'd be even more worth it catching em. But weird, you'd think a little better than commons and crudes, oh well!

I think it'd be cool if the legendaries dropped famed loot or even a legendary that maybe you can only get from fishing? It could replace the gold when it drops maybe?

Back