Discussion Are skull chests nerfed or is this normal?

I was under the impression haunted bones came from the hollows. I haven't gotten any anywhere but the hollows and my total take the whole event is 4 haunted. I wonder if I can keep those all year. But you touched on another ratio that we don't know about.

I'm going back to the mine and do what was suggested and that is to go in fully stocked and not use ammo or any items that use up resources. I think I've seen 'unlimited sidewinder' sidewinder loot in drops so I'm going to pay good attention to see if I'm getting stuff I already have in ammo and such. If my knife is unlimited sidewinder and I throw one and it still comes up in loot, then that would be another weird wrench in the loot mystery. Because technically, if I go in with a full bag of sidewinders and I'm using an unlimited sidewinder knife/dagger and throw a few, there shouldn't be a place to put any back?

My head hurts.
Any Undead will drop bones , the higher the level the better the Drop

Skull chests on land are pretty rare and rarely drop anything good with the chests you get. Skull chests found at sea however are much better, first because you get more in general, and secondly because they seem to drop better things. Why? No clue. No one really does, only the developers who wrote the looting system know. But in the end there is a large degree of randomness to it. If you want to increase your chances of better items currently the only confirm-able strategy for doing so is to simply increase time spent and enemies killed.
This is the problem right here. Skull chests on land are extremely terrible. This is not AT ALL how it was earlier in Beta and this needs to be fixed. THIS IS A PROBLEM.

I was under the impression haunted bones came from the hollows. I haven't gotten any anywhere but the hollows and my total take the whole event is 4 haunted. I wonder if I can keep those all year. But you touched on another ratio that we don't know about.

I'm going back to the mine and do what was suggested and that is to go in fully stocked and not use ammo or any items that use up resources. I think I've seen 'unlimited sidewinder' sidewinder loot in drops so I'm going to pay good attention to see if I'm getting stuff I already have in ammo and such. If my knife is unlimited sidewinder and I throw one and it still comes up in loot, then that would be another weird wrench in the loot mystery. Because technically, if I go in with a full bag of sidewinders and I'm using an unlimited sidewinder knife/dagger and throw a few, there shouldn't be a place to put any back?

My head hurts.
And that is exactly what is happening. i have a unlimited sidewinder knife, my knife bag was full and the loot was still giving me back knives as if I was using my bag up. That's weird.
I then went to the caverns with the same setup for a while and had the same type results. I gave that up and just started blasting guys with anything and finally got a fame. It was a repeater that was still lower than what I had. But hey, it was a fame.
Nothing came close to exceeding my lvl that could actually benefit me.

This is the problem right here. Skull chests on land are extremely terrible. This is not AT ALL how it was earlier in Beta and this needs to be fixed. THIS IS A PROBLEM.
Honestly, no, it's not a problem, tlopo is in beta it's supposed to have issues. Things like this are probably back burner but looked at.
It's just another part of the game that will probably change as long as we provide feedback. How much loot one gets isn't a problem, it's a mathematical theorem balanced with real time play-ability.

In short, tlopo is a work in progress.

And another point that may be overlooked if I'm even half correct. Disney code may very well have capabilities to fix many issues but any of those may be copyrighted and tlopo staff may not have permission to use those parts of Disney code that weren't released to the public. So tlopo developers may have to be inventing as they go along.

Honestly, no, it's not a problem, tlopo is in beta it's supposed to have issues. Things like this are probably back burner but looked at.
It's just another part of the game that will probably change as long as we provide feedback. How much loot one gets isn't a problem, it's a mathematical theorem balanced with real time play-ability.

In short, tlopo is a work in progress.

And another point that may be overlooked if I'm even half correct. Disney code may very well have capabilities to fix many issues but any of those may be copyrighted and tlopo staff may not have permission to use those parts of Disney code that weren't released to the public. So tlopo developers may have to be inventing as they go along.
Look mate. Your over complicating things way to much. A problem is a problem no matter what stage the game is in. It will remain a problem until it is fixed. TLOPO is supposed to have problems yes, and this is one of them.

Look mate. Your over complicating things way to much. A problem is a problem no matter what stage the game is in. It will remain a problem until it is fixed. TLOPO is supposed to have problems yes, and this is one of them.
Well , I guess what I mean is, who sets the loot ratio and what is supposed to be a fair loot reward? It's subjective and reward stuff is play related.

See, I kind of split playing a beta into two things, mechanical/coding issues and character/toon game play issues.

You board a ship and no one is there and you can't get back- that is a game glitch issue. Mech/code
You take down 3 skels and get 2 small bones and a woman corset. You think you should have gotten 2 large bones and a hat. That's subjective personal game play. Lame loot skull chest returns isn't a problem, it can be changed at a moments notice.
My compliant and almost the only peeve in the game for me is cannon control. That is a personal preference and a problem FOR ME, it's not a game problem.
Savvy?

Well , I guess what I mean is, who sets the loot ratio and what is supposed to be a fair loot reward? It's subjective and reward stuff is play related.

See, I kind of split playing a beta into two things, mechanical/coding issues and character/toon game play issues.

You board a ship and no one is there and you can't get back- that is a game glitch issue. Mech/code
You take down 3 skels and get 2 small bones and a woman corset. You think you should have gotten 2 large bones and a hat. That's subjective personal game play. Lame loot skull chest returns isn't a problem, it can be changed at a moments notice.
My compliant and almost the only peeve in the game for me is cannon control. That is a personal preference and a problem FOR ME, it's not a game problem.
Savvy?
It takes a TON of testing, but after you loot a ton and get hundreds of skull chests, knowing how loot used to be, you realize that there is a problem.

It takes a TON of testing, but after you loot a ton and get hundreds of skull chests, knowing how loot used to be, you realize that there is a problem.
Of course I agree with you that skull chests could be lacking and have changed, I was just debating that it would be considered a problem. Getting stuck on ships with no return except to log out is a problem and needs a fix, getting crap loot in skulls when you're used to better results isn't a problem needing fixing on a developers plate, that's what I'm talking about.
I'm just getting stuck on syntax, but I agree with you something is amiss about skull chest loot.
After all I started this thread...
...and we are pirates expecting our loot. I think killing 27 high level foes in a row is worth more than 10 gold and one pair of sack shorts in a skull chest marked with three skulls along the bottom.

I think I'll just go fishing tonight.

Deal with it. The game is already too easy. I want to work and grind for what I get. In my opinion, the difficulty of the game needs to be turned up and the special loot availability turned down to a minimum.

He is very right. The game is way too easy. The only "hard" part about the game is the time it consumes to max out and finish the black pearl quest. At first I thought the game was somewhat challenging, until twenty minutes ago when I soloed Foulberto Smasho with a cutlass. Here are some good ways to increase the difficulty of the game:

• E.I.T.C and Navy Personnel should attack on sight in every location; we are pirates after all.
  • The rest of the foes should have "Provoked Meters" that make them attack when you get to close, shoot near them, or something.
  • I know you can't add common human sense to the enemies, but can't they strafe people if people can strafe them?
  • Loot should be insanely rare: If everyone has a War Scattergun, Black Shark Blade, 50 Haunted Bones, and Siege Bombs, it's too easy.
  • The final Black Pearl battle has two flaws: The walls you have to attack are boring, but more importantly, freaking NAVY PANTHERS are what you have to kill! Then when you get out, you just fight a navy SOTL with a different name. Shouldn't The Goliath be an even better SOTL? Also, not for difficulty purposes, where are the crew members we spend so long trying to recruit when we get the black pearl?
  • Nearby enemies should attack you if you attack one of them or the boss next to them.
  • Do something about those E.I.T.C pirates always lagging out Tortuga docks.

He is very right. The game is way too easy. The only "hard" part about the game is the time it consumes to max out and finish the black pearl quest. At first I thought the game was somewhat challenging, until twenty minutes ago when I soloed Foulberto Smasho with a cutlass. Here are some good ways to increase the difficulty of the game:

• E.I.T.C and Navy Personnel should attack on sight in every location; we are pirates after all.
  • The rest of the foes should have "Provoked Meters" that make them attack when you get to close, shoot near them, or something.
  • I know you can't add common human sense to the enemies, but can't they strafe people if people can strafe them?
  • Loot should be insanely rare: If everyone has a War Scattergun, Black Shark Blade, 50 Haunted Bones, and Siege Bombs, it's too easy.
  • The final Black Pearl battle has two flaws: The walls you have to attack are boring, but more importantly, freaking NAVY PANTHERS are what you have to kill! Then when you get out, you just fight a navy SOTL with a different name. Shouldn't The Goliath be an even better SOTL? Also, not for difficulty purposes, where are the crew members we spend so long trying to recruit when we get the black pearl?
  • Nearby enemies should attack you if you attack one of them or the boss next to them.
  • Do something about those E.I.T.C pirates always lagging out Tortuga docks.
On the loot side, I disagree with you. Loot is way to hard to get at the moment. What needs to be "turned up" or "made harder" is the health points and difficulty of enemies.

We should be able to get good weapons, that makes things fun, in order to match that though, enemies should be tougher. For a while in early Beta all nearby enemies would attack you if you attacked one of them. That feature was awesome, it made the game a lot tougher.

Good loot is definitely not dropped as often as it was in POTCO, that's for sure. I theorize that the devs have made it this way on purpose so that people will actually have stuff to do when the game exits beta.

Well this was unexpected...

Attachments

• Screenshot (34).png
    Screenshot (34).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot (35).png
    Screenshot (35).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 157
Well this was unexpected...
Very nice, I just got that one too the other nightscreenshot_2017-12-08_00-35-17.jpg during this sailing excursion on a public ship surviving 2 dc's to come back to the ship and port. Very lucky with this one.
Haven't even played with it equipped yet. And yet the next run out we sunk the fleet and I got almost nothing.
Oh well.

Very nice, I just got that one too the other nightView attachment 96215 during this sailing excursion on a public ship surviving 2 dc's to come back to the ship and port. Very lucky with this one.
Haven't even played with it equipped yet. And yet the next run out we sunk the fleet and I got almost nothing.
Oh well.
Haha that's really lucky. Ironically, it's the best famed I've gotten. I've gotten 3 others from sailing.

Back