Tip Ask Me, I answer!

I doubt that it will drop anywhere, where did you get that information? I know that the gorilla cutlass, repeater, and blunderbuss all can be found on Tormenta but not the broadsword. What about the doll, I’ve had 2 reliable reports, neither had a screenshot, one from Devil Root and the other was doing laps on Raven’s Cove. I feel it’s obvious that Devil Root would have it but is it really true that it will drop on Raven’s Cove and from the ghosts there, not the bats? You ever see or hear of it dropping on Tormenta, I haven’t? I’ve also heard that Gorilla Doll doesn’t drop from any bosses, that calls into question my report from Devil Root. Idk????
Let me rephrase “everywhere:”
No, a certain boss is not guaranteed to drop it.
While Gorilla/Monkey weapons are most commonly found in Tormenta, it CAN be found anywhere else, from ship loot to random loot you found when battling Navy scums. Check out the wiki page on Gorilla Spirit Doll for more info.

What knife is better for filleting fish? Dark Whisper or Silver Freeze? I have both and can't decide.

Will we be able to trade with mood rocks?

What knife is better for filleting fish? Dark Whisper or Silver Freeze? I have both and can't decide.

Will we be able to trade with mood rocks?
I would recommend Silver Freeze, since it kind of preserves the fish until you are ready to put it in ice, and you don’t want any demons in your fish anyway.

At this moment, you can only trade feelings with the rock. Give it a hug, but don’t expect one back. The mood rock tends to be a bit...moody.

I would recommend Silver Freeze, since it kind of preserves the fish until you are ready to put it in ice, and you don’t want any demons in your fish anyway.

At this moment, you can only trade feelings with the rock. Give it a hug, but don’t expect one back. The mood rock tends to be a bit...moody.
Thank you.

What do you personally consider to be your favorite class of ship? Is there a particular reason or backstory with your choice?

What do you personally consider to be your favorite class of ship? Is there a particular reason or backstory with your choice?
I am kind of all over the place lol

When I first start out, I go towards brigs, but once I am able to purchase War ships, I like War Sloops the most!

They are fast, agile, and have (enough) armor to withstand some hits! Sure, they have the cargo hold of an average galleon, but that can be upgraded later on!

Let me rephrase “everywhere:”
No, a certain boss is not guaranteed to drop it.
While Gorilla/Monkey weapons are most commonly found in Tormenta, it CAN be found anywhere else, from ship loot to random loot you found when battling Navy scums. Check out the wiki page on Gorilla Spirit Doll for more info.
All it says on the Wiki is that it can only be found in loot. The details are lacking and I’m pretty sure that it is not found at sea, by the way. I also find it unlikely that it would drop from Navy of any rank or type.

1. If you do not have enough skill points for staff, would you recommend maxing Concentration (+10% voodoo recovery rate per point) or Conservation (Decreased voodoo staff usage by 4% per point) first?

2. I read in another guide (posted march 29th, 2019) that Spirit Mastery has no effect at the time of writing. Is this still true? And if so, should I max Spirit Mastery first over the other two passive staff abilities first?
(I'm only level 16 with 5 skill points available)

1. If you do not have enough skill points for staff, would you recommend maxing Concentration (+10% voodoo recovery rate per point) or Conservation (Decreased voodoo staff usage by 4% per point) first?

2. I read in another guide (posted march 29th, 2019) that Spirit Mastery has no effect at the time of writing. Is this still true? And if so, should I max Spirit Mastery first over the other two passive staff abilities first?
(I'm only level 16 with 5 skill points available)
Based on personal experience, I generally never run out of voodoo, so I would recommend Conservation. However, if you relatively lose a lot of voodoo, I would recommend Concentration.

Spirit Mastery always has the ability to increase the damage of voodoo hex attacks. You can unlock this at level 17, and I would recommend maxing it out. Though this can be done before or after you max out any other passive abilities.

What are the eligibility levels for legendary, famed, brights, and dark black clothing?
I know for legendary items, it is usually cursed, so you need to complete the Ravens Cove quest at level 30, so I would say around level 31, or whenever you get your cursed blade? You can get famed cutlasses at any level as long as they are not cursed. Not sure what brights are 🤔. I started finding dark black clothing at level 25, so maybe around that level, correct me if I am wrong?

sorry it took me so long to respond, been busy lately

I know for legendary items, it is usually cursed, so you need to complete the Ravens Cove quest at level 30, so I would say around level 31, or whenever you get your cursed blade? You can get famed cutlasses at any level as long as they are not cursed. Not sure what brights are 🤔. I started finding dark black clothing at level 25, so maybe around that level, correct me if I am wrong?

sorry it took me so long to respond, been busy lately
Yeah so after browsing the wiki I found that for legendary weapons you have to be at least within a 5 level weapon range of the level required in order to wield that weapon to be able to loot legendaries. I wasn't able to find the level for famed, but it's safe to assume that it is also at least 5 levels with exception of cannon rams and sailing items. Bright colored clothing are "lootable" at notoriety lvl 20 and yes, dark black clothing at notoriety lvl 25.

Last edited:
Back