Assassin's Creed or Far Cry?

• Assassin's Creed

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Far Cry

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Divine

Pirate Lord
Of all the assassin's creeds, which is your favorite?

My heart is with AC3, the one that really got me addicted to the franchise. Playing syndicate right now :D

Assassin%27s_Creed_III_Game_Cover.jpg

AC4 was amazing but Ubi doesn't like modifications and the fact that the only ship you can own is the Jackdaw really disappoints me. I don't like that the game was this limiting with the ships you could use. It was probably because Ubi is a terrible developer and rushed AC4 but either way, only having a brig gets boring very very quickly. I liked the Frigate but it was only used once or twice as a mission ship.

I've only played freedom's cry, it was pretty awful. Far cry tho! That's my game been playing it since it came out, I've reset the outposts like 4 times now and finished the campaign in two days.

AC4 and Rouge are my top games. Mainly because of the Naval combat...

I really wanted to like AC Unity because of the French Revolution, but it runs poorly on my laptop and it bugs out often. Syndicate was okay, the variety of weapons gave me a larger sense of customization (along with the colors of the outfits).

I actually have yet to play AC 1, AC2, Brotherhood, or Revelations although those are up next.

I've only played AC IV: Black Flag. It was a pretty decent game, it got pretty repetitive with the side missions but it was alright. One thing with the Assassin's Creed series is there is never any innovation when it comes to gameplay from game to game. The only big "innovation" they have introduced thus far is the ship combat first seen in Black Flag, and then they just carried it over to the next few games with reskinned models. It's lazy. Ubisoft is probably one of the largest culprits of this lazy game development. Not to mention their usually horrific PC ports.

I've only played AC IV: Black Flag. It was a pretty decent game, it got pretty repetitive with the side missions but it was alright. One thing with the Assassin's Creed series is there is never any innovation when it comes to gameplay from game to game. The only big "innovation" they have introduced thus far is the ship combat first seen in Black Flag, and then they just carried it over to the next few games with reskinned models. It's lazy. Ubisoft is probably one of the largest culprits of this lazy game development. Not to mention their usually horrific PC ports.
Ubisoft didn't release and AC game in 2016, supposedly to rethink the concept for a better game in 2017. We'll see if they deliver I guess.

I had owned all AC games from AC2 to AC4, till this day i haven't played any of their single player story mode, All i cared about was their multiplayer mode!
I was addicted to the multiplayer deathmatch, i used to be in the top 50 constantly on the leaderboards. Theres has never been a unique multiplayer mechanics and experince unlike AC.

When Ubisoft decided to ditch thier one of a kind multiplayer experience, i have not bought any ubisoft games since then.

I've been playing Assassin's Creed ever since the first, and honestly, I can't choose a favorite. My excuse? I liked the Ezio trilogy the best, so choosing my favorite game is hard. However, my favorite Assassin clearly is Ezio Auditore. Although, I did enjoy playing as Jacob and Evie Frye in Syndicate, so I guess that's a second favorite.

I agree with this. I'd say it's actually the worst, behind Rockstar Games. Rockstar is... well, I have a lot of words I can use to describe it, but they all are, lets just say, colorful.
I don't really know why people dislike Rockstar. I especially don't see how you could call them "lazy." I don't know of any time they reused major assets across their games, their open world games are amazingly detailed compared to other open world maps, the gameplay is pretty different game to game with major variations between games. And they don't release a game just to release a game every 6 months. If you are basing that opinion solely on GTA V Online, then I guess I could see it. But that's basically an MMO and it has updates just like every other MMO has. I would hardly call it "lazy." If you're going on your preference of GTA IV over V then, I don't really know what to say other than that they are different games made in different time periods, each having their own pros and cons just like anything.

Lazy game development is reusing assets and textures in a blatantly obvious way, pushing for a new game release every 6-12 months, and repetitive and unchanging game mechanics across games.

I've played AC1, skipped 2 and went straight to AC3. Then once I got a taste of the ship to ship combat and sailing in AC3 I jumped to AC4 and thats where I am now. I'm hoping the new AC Empire or whatever it will be called ( Empire is a working title, meaning it isn't final) will be as they are hinting , which is a game in the form of Witcher three. One can only hope. As for the other AC titles, I am wanting to try Syndicate and Rogue. Unity probably wont work well on my laptop. Not sure if I want to try Revolution or Brotherhood or not. Have to finish AC4 first.

I've played AC1, skipped 2 and went straight to AC3. Then once I got a taste of the ship to ship combat and sailing in AC3 I jumped to AC4 and thats where I am now. I'm hoping the new AC Empire or whatever it will be called ( Empire is a working title, meaning it isn't final) will be as they are hinting , which is a game in the form of Witcher three. One can only hope. As for the other AC titles, I am wanting to try Syndicate and Rogue. Unity probably wont work well on my laptop. Not sure if I want to try Revolution or Brotherhood or not. Have to finish AC4 first.
AC 2 and Brotherhood are the most defining games, because the story arc is amazing, and the franchise earned it's fame off of the protagonist. So you definitely have to play those. But revalations is eh. Depends on if you want to see what happened to the assassin in brotherhood or not.

AC 2 and Brotherhood are the most defining games, because the story arc is amazing, and the franchise earned it's fame off of the protagonist. So you definitely have to play those. But revalations is eh. Depends on if you want to see what happened to the assassin in brotherhood or not.
Thanks, might just make it a conquest and play them all.

Back