Discussion Athletes.

Secretkyle

Honorable Pirate
Hello fellow pirates. I am starting this topic to see what types of athletes we've got roaming the TLOPO forums. I myself use to run when i was younger. I was a sprinter and my main races were the 100m, 200m dashes and the relay race. I started when i was just 8 years old and spent 7 years training, i've also went abroad to race. Nowadays i don't train anymore as I can't keep up with all my school work. Anyways enough blabbering about me, i want to know what you lads out there do. Feel free to say long stories about your sporty accomplishments, I enjoy reading.
P.S: This is me at about the age of 12, here I won my first 200m international race.
548892_583325665018543_969641508_n.jpg

Sincerely, Secretkyle.

I played soccer all 4 years in high school, sophomore year I played basketball, and junior year I tried using the stick in baseball. My only regret is not playing baseball all four years. Even though I didn't play much, I had more fun playing baseball than anything else

I played soccer all 4 years in high school, sophomore year I played basketball, and junior year I tried using the stick in baseball. My only regret is not playing baseball all four years. Even though I didn't play much, I had more fun playing baseball than anything else
Baseball is quite a nice sport to be honest, where I live I don't think we actually have that as a sport, more of a fun activity.

I play baseball (Left Feild, and Third) and I also unprofessionally swim
But I am truly in my element when I play basketball, in our first season I scored a buzzer beater to win our first game :D
Still my favorite sport today :)
Edit: I forgot I love to play chess!

Last edited:
Whenever I do play, I don't think anyone has as much fun as me. Whenever I watch pro sports on TV, all I can think of is how much fun I would have, either being on the field with them, or being on the sidelines, supporting them

It's great that you've been doing sports. Many people don't realize how important this is. I hope you find the time to start again doing what you love!

I play volleyball, but not anything professional. I was asked to play for our team, but I refused. Volleyball is just my side thing, some sport I'm good at and just want to enjoy it, without the pressure of competitiveness.

It's great that you've been doing sports. Many people don't realize how important this is. I hope you find the time to start again doing what you love!

I play volleyball, but not anything professional. I was asked to play for our team, but I refused. Volleyball is just my side thing, some sport I'm good at and just want to enjoy it, without the pressure of competitiveness.
I can honestly say my life is at least 30% sport, even when I'm frustrated with school work I take a break, do some training, let it be go for a jog or some gym and my brain just resets. So I believe sport is the cure to many problems nowadays.

Sincerely, Kyle

I've always been unusually tall so I've always been pushed towards sports. Of course the main sport I play is basket ball but I also really enjoy tennis. If this year goes well I could also be playing some sort of college basketball next year. Though I'm already starting to have problems with my knees which really sucks.

I used to think about very little else besides basketball when I was going through middle and high school...well, I had to give it up. Something changed, and I no longer felt the same passion towards the game that I used to have. My ankle injury was the final say in my decision. I don't play basketball anymore, and oddly enough, I don't miss it. And that would sound abhorrent to the 7th-11th grade me, but it's actually kinda nice now.

Now I just need to find a new goal and a new passion. Wish me luck, eh?

I used to think about very little else besides basketball when I was going through middle and high school...well, I had to give it up. Something changed, and I no longer felt the same passion towards the game that I used to have. My ankle injury was the final say in my decision. I don't play basketball anymore, and oddly enough, I don't miss it. And that would sound abhorrent to the 7th-11th grade me, but it's actually kinda nice now.

Now I just need to find a new goal and a new passion. Wish me luck, eh?
Good luck to you sir!

Sincerely, Kyle.

I can honestly say my life is at least 30% sport, even when I'm frustrated with school work I take a break, do some training, let it be go for a jog or some gym and my brain just resets. So I believe sport is the cure to many problems nowadays.

Sincerely, Kyle
:laugh: I can honestly say my life is at least 90% sport :p

I play tennis 6 hours a day 5 days a week usually unless I have to catch up on school work :p and got to Florida's top 10 in rankings at 12 years old :D . Right now I play internationally and at the moment I'm struggling through a inflamed back problem that has been bothering me for 2 months. :sigh: TLOPO is here for my times of trouble :p ps My coaches son was number 1 in the world in juniors O.O his name is Stephan Kozlov :O hes my idol

I play tennis 6 hours a day 5 days a week usually unless I have to catch up on school work :p and got to Florida's top 10 in rankings at 12 years old :D . Right now I play internationally and at the moment I'm struggling through a inflamed back problem that has been bothering me for 2 months. :sigh: TLOPO is here for my times of trouble :p ps My coaches son was number 1 in the world in juniors O.O his name is Stephan Kozlov :O hes my idol

Sounds like a slavic name.

Ever since I started volleyball, I've been a little jealous of people who have been doing sports since a really young age. Even if they didn't put much effort, such kids have a lot of sense how to play the sport, it turns into a second nature for them. They don't even think, they just do it. Of course that happens later on, after 4-5 years of practicing <insert sport here>.

However, if I was one of these kids I probably wouldn't be a developer now, which is also something I love. People may not like it, because it's not flashy or entertaining, but it's still something I love doing.

P. S. :
I hope you are okay, such injuries are not something to be underestimated.

Because sitting on a chair and moving a mouse while pressing the keyboard is SOOO physically and mentally challenging.
Why would it be physically challenging? It's a lot more mentally challenging than any other sport. I'm not surprised that you think Linux is the best OS -_-

Back