Awesome Youtube Background!

Is it awesome?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual size is 2000x2700 pixels if you want a full background, not just the interface.

But your pirate on the left got cut off ... that's for the biggest screen, right? To avoid repetition if a viewer happens to have a big screen monitor? I mean, I like the effect that you have on your BG - I don't like everything to be all full view, like a kid drawing ... but I think your left pirate could go "in" a little further. Or is it just my monitor?

But your pirate on the left got cut off ... that's for the biggest screen, right? To avoid repetition if a viewer happens to have a big screen monitor? I mean, I like the effect that you have on your BG - I don't like everything to be all full view, like a kid drawing ... but I think your left pirate could go "in" a little further. Or is it just my monitor?
Widescreen tends to stretch things out, but that is the actual size. My screen is widescreen also, and it is cut off. I don't mind though.

Ugh, I'll stick to making vids. I'm not much of a designer lol

Aww, come on now ... It's only the beginning that is hard ... you just got to pass that step. Then after that it's going to be smooth sailing
pirate.smile.gif
, just like mastering everything else!
Well ... you can put it down right now, but just don't give it up, take a look and try again after a while, ok?

Am I a good counselor or what ...
pirate.wink.gif

Aww, come on now ... It's only the beginning that is hard ... you just got to pass that step. Then after that it's going to be smooth sailing :), just like mastering everything else!
Well ... you can put it down right now, but just don't give it up, take a look and try again after a while, ok?

Am I a good counselor or what ... ;)

Yeah I'll try later lol

Im going to try again but I need to know a few things,
How can I get my background to fade from a Darker color to a lighter one?
How can I get the Text sideways?
And Where can I get Text like yours? Thanks

1. Click the "foreground" box color on the left, then pick one color, hit OK. Then click the "background" color, then pick another color, hit OK. Then put your cursor on "blend" tool (to make gradient), it will open a dialog box at the bottom, pick "linear". Now put your cursor on your drawing board (your template), click anywhere on the the drawing board, hold it down and drag it to another side of the drawing board. There .. you'll have your gradient background.

2. Put your cursor on the "tool" menu on top, click "transform", it will open up options to rotate it 90 deg, or -90 deg, counter clockwise or clockwise, etc.

3. You have to ask John on the text. I'm trying to mess around and create from scratch (it is possible), but I have not figured it out yet ... :D

Hold on, missing something on #2. Make your text on a different layer, then click "layer" menu on top, then click "transform".

1. Click the "foreground" box color on the left, then pick one color, hit OK. Then click the "background" color, then pick another color, hit OK. Then put your cursor on "blend" tool (to make gradient), it will open a dialog box at the bottom, pick "linear". Now put your cursor on your drawing board (your template), click anywhere on the the drawing board, hold it down and drag it to another side of the drawing board. There .. you'll have your gradient background.

2. Put your cursor on the "tool" menu on top, click "transform", it will open up options to rotate it 90 deg, or -90 deg, counter clockwise or clockwise, etc.

3. You have to ask John on the text. I'm trying to mess around and create from scratch (it is possible), but I have not figured it out yet ... :D

Im doing number 1 now. But I'm trying to get the blend from top to bottom, not left to right... I do some more poking around lol

Im doing number 1 now. But I'm trying to get the blend from top to bottom, not left to right... I do some more poking around lol

It doesn't matter ... the little box on the left where the gradient goes from side to side is just a communication window to show you what type of gradient you want. The key is, click your cursor "on your drawing board", anywhere on it. Then "hold your mouse down and drag it to another spot on your drawing board". You will see a red line connecting from where the first point you clicked your mouse was, to the second point you are about to click your mouse next. That's where the direction of the gradient is going to go. If you click the first one on top, then the second one at the bottom, your gradient will go from top to bottom ...

It doesn't matter ... the little box on the left where the gradient goes from side to side is just a communication window to show you what type of gradient you want. The key is, click your cursor "on your drawing board", anywhere on it. Then "hold your mouse down and drag it to another spot on your drawing board". You will see a red line connecting from where the first point you clicked your mouse was, to the second point you are about to click your mouse next. That's where the direction of the gradient is going to go. If you click the first one on top, then the second one at the bottom, your gradient will go from top to bottom ...

Yea I just found out lol. I was going to post about that but you beat me to it.

What kind of platform are you working on, Basil? PC or Mac? Try one of these free font download website:
http://www.1001freefonts.com/

If it's a PC, here is what I do:
1. Download your font, and I suggest to save it on your C:/Program Files (local) where your GIMP is stored at. Then go to your C:/Program Files and right-click on it to extract it here (it has been zipped), means it will save the TrueFont folder in the same hard drive.

2. Then open up the font folder (not the zipped one), and you'll see the TrueFont file is inside it. Right click on the file, click "install". It will install it in every graphic design/word processing application that you have on your computer. You have to close out your GIMP again though, if it was open, in order to take effect. When you run your GIMP again, the new font should have already been there, ready to use.

Note: Since the additional font is not originally coming from GIMP, and it is only saved on your hard drive, it will not be embedded permanently on your GIMP. It means that if - if, you ever wanna open the original .xcf file somewhere else (not your computer), chances are your font cannot be found. In other words, to transfer this font over to somebody else or computer other than yours, you have to save it as a different format (jpg or pdf ... if pdf, you have to click option 'embed font'). For instance to post it in this forum, we can probably attach a .xcf file (I'm not sure, I have to prove it first), but when we open it, it will have a messed up font, cause the font is actually left behind in your hard drive at home. So in order to transfer your file, always save it as another more common format.

I'm such a talker ... :p

Oops ... I apologize and just disregard this if you already knew how to do it ... :p

Still trying it out srry for long reply
EDIT (Mar 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM):
Ok, I think im ready for the pics. I'll post some here. Can you resize them?
I'm also looking for the Potco Banners a small one, and jolly roger

Ok, I think im ready for the pics. I'll post some here. Can you resize them?
I'm also looking for the Potco Banners a small one, and jolly roger

Who are you talking to?
pirate.tongue.gif

Sure, Basil, if John wouldn't, I will, whoever gets it first, ok? What Jolly? I have several ... but the problem is, he's got ' green glow' or 'flame' around him. I will cut him out, just him without the glow/flame. Yes, Sir, small Potco banner it is ... Any thing else? Would you like a side of baked potatoes with that? Or maybe some dessert now as well?

lol1.gif
Jk ... I'll do it anyday for you ... seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back