Bad Behavior!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rude Noob?

What about the lower level pirates (I know the term is noob but it just sounds wrong to me) that ride on the coat tails of higher level pirates uninvited? They'll be the ones that suggest to attack a boss but then we get there and they're all ordering everyone else around going "attack", "heal", and "help."

I had one girl that just tped to me out of nowhere and wanted to go to Remington on Kingshead. So we get there and she keeps getting knocked out. The catch is when she gets knocked out she screams help in caps even though you're trying to take down the big guy before you do. I tried to politely suggest that she attack something more along her level like at Fort Charles and she tells me she's good right before she flops over knocked out again.

Stalkers

I don't know how many other people have trouble with these pirates but I'm guessing majority are girls that deal with this. The annoying pirate that is right up on you when you're attacking something. Constantly. I want to level grenades and he's standing too close and I end up blowing myself up. You move and they adjust to stand near you again....so you move and they adjust....move again and they can't get the message that you do not want to be near them at all...keep moving....tp....they follow....tp.....they follow. *&@%!!!!!

Rude Noob?

What about the lower level pirates (I know the term is noob but it just sounds wrong to me) that ride on the coat tails of higher level pirates uninvited? They'll be the ones that suggest to attack a boss but then we get there and they're all ordering everyone else around going "attack", "heal", and "help."

I had one girl that just tped to me out of nowhere and wanted to go to Remington on Kingshead. So we get there and she keeps getting knocked out. The catch is when she gets knocked out she screams help in caps even though you're trying to take down the big guy before you do. I tried to politely suggest that she attack something more along her level like at Fort Charles and she tells me she's good right before she flops over knocked out again.

Stalkers

I don't know how many other people have trouble with these pirates but I'm guessing majority are girls that deal with this. The annoying pirate that is right up on you when you're attacking something. Constantly. I want to level grenades and he's standing too close and I end up blowing myself up. You move and they adjust to stand near you again....so you move and they adjust....move again and they can't get the message that you do not want to be near them at all...keep moving....tp....they follow....tp.....they follow. *&@%!!!!!

Or making crude body movements to your pirate! *&@%

Well Noob is a word I never use! I dont even understand why this word is aloud????

Nobody + Newbe = Noob

I dont know, but I would never go say to someone they are a new nobody to the game :(
EDIT (Dec 12, 2010 7:27 PM):
I'll admit I'm guilty of that (not purposely, but sometimes I get bored and wonder into Fort Charles) and probably a few other things in this thread.

Raise my finger! Bad boy Davy rofl

Well Noob is a word I never use! I dont even understand why this word is aloud????

Nobody + Newbe = Noob

I dont know, but I would never go say to someone they are a new nobody to the game :(

Oh I didn't know it was the related to the word nobody. I thought it was the cool way of spelling newb lol! Although every time someone mentioned the word I wouldn't think newb but I would think nubbin. I don't know.
EDIT (Dec 12, 2010 7:33 PM):
EDIT (Dec 12, 2010 7:27 PM):
Raise my finger! Bad boy Davy rofl

Oh...I've done it too... I hadn't really thought of it that way and I remember when I was a newer pirate I was always glad to have a higher level on there at Fort Charles. There was always this hired-gun that would be 25+. :-/

Nell i get them also alot... after awhile i just say move out of my way your blocking me... as for sailing, i will say this if you open your ship to the public and somebody takes the wheel ( Scallywag ) and they start to drive i boot them off my ship... and Bella sailing has and always will be about angles and speed.. if you are at a stop it is easier for your crew to shoot... i try to make a t-bone if i have more than 5 ppl in my crew (that includes me self) and i don't play around when i am captain of my ship....i tell everybody on board don't bother to ask if you can take the wheel...if they take the wheel i just boot them and lock down my ship...and another old term you could use for all of these types of pirates is a Jack-a-Bite ..anyways i think that is a good over all term for these ppl..even though some are rookie pirates and don't know any better..the only thing i can say about sailing and your the captain is be firm..it's your ship act like it's yours...if i have me warfrigate and a crew of 8 (including my self) i give them a side...if i'm driving the captains cannon is open for use so seven ppl can fire cannons while i'm at the wheel...and i say cease fire when we go in to port cuz that is redundent to shoot a ship when you don't need too...the best i can say is are you in control when you sail or are a scared mouse...your ship your rules...

Rude Noob?

Stalkers

the noob, they were just discussing that on abassa, in tortuga, we were trying to think of a better name than noob, we came up with a few, noober, goober, noobest, booger, well, they settled on a booger,..yuk..but you are right they do want to play in the places with the higher levels and i just tell them right off, before we even start, we crew up, you die, go straight to jail and tp, because until i kill what killed you, we both end up dead. (besides i need to save my potions to heal myself, cause i pick really high ones to go after in the first place, only a thrall level 50 for me, lol) I just realize they start at one, by the end of first week be 10, second week 20, thrid, 30, forth they should be in the 40. a month and a half to master a pirate, if you dont mess up like i did and start another one..

stalkers, i usually don't mind anyone that tp to me, UNTIL, they start the oh, now you are my gf, right?, ....wrong....or when i was with spania, that was awkward, as they have their own invasions, and when a friend i play with tp to me during one of those and they are only level 4, casues a bit of embarrasment for them, not me, just them., i just pray no one in spania says anything to upset them before i get the chance to tell them is guild only.
EDIT (Dec 13, 2010 1:08 AM):
Girls and me I guess? It happens to me a lot.

Do they ask to tp first, Davy, or just show up, do they start with that will you be my bf stuff'? So you have a gf davy, that puts a stop to it.,....well maybe not, never fails, there next qestions is always, do you mess around? NO, practice that in font of a mirror till you get real good a it, so that when you say no, it does not mean a mayb.e;)

Ahh, the joys of making your ship open to public! Back in the days before boarding permissions we had to deal with these issues constantly unless we only sailed with trusted friends, never crewing up random players. I had a real nightmare with this sort of thing my first few days playing. I leveled up my sailing pretty quickly and bought a galleon my first day in game. Pirates was my first online game and I didn't know any better that to accept all those random friend invites. I couldn't even launch my ships without having a whole shipload of random morons immediately TPing on board. Shooting at everything in sight even when the ship was about to sink they continued firing. We didn't have repair at sea ability back then and could only port to repair. Step away from the wheel even for a second and one of them is stealing the wheel. The first couple days in game I didn't know that the captain could take the wheel back from them. One thing I noticed early on is that most of these people wouldn't respond to the captain in chat when asked to stop firing for example. I'd guess that most of these types are either very young children and very rude ones or total illiterates. The majority of these types seemed to be low level and mostly basics but not always. I ended up deleting my entire friend list after about three days in game and for about a month only sailed with a couple of trusted friends I'd met later. I wasn't involved with a good guild back in those early days and it took a while to find one.

On occaision I'll make my ship public while sailing with one of my mastered pirates who is a GM These cruises are for the purpose of making new friends and looking for new prospects for my guilds. Out of an entire shipload boarding on public you might only get one or two players who are worthy crew. Here's how I deal with the situation. As players TP to my ship I send crew invites to each player, those who decline crew invites or who refuse to leave other crews get dumped off my ship at the next port of call. The way I sail I like to pick targets line my gunners up and start the target at range taking out the sails before the enemy can get close enough to fire broadsides. I stick to high level ships around Padres and Kingshead, stay out til the cargo is loaded with royals. Before I port I reset my boarding permissions to crew only. Any troublesome people who are in crew I remove from crew just before porting. Here's a list of the people I boot from crew. Various Spammers..... Guild and friend invite spammers... Last cruise I had a level 20 guy continually spamming the chat in all CAPS trying to get people to join his guild. He was also pestering other crew with unwanted whispers. The fool even sent guild invites to me a mastered pirate and GM. He got dumped when I ported. I dump those who are trying to draw away my crew, for example someone who boards my ship usually refuses crew invite and begins spamming with things like .... "Lets all go to Kingshead", or "Lets all go kill a rage ghost!" Those trying to grab the Wheel I take it back immediately get dumped, those who refuse to cease fire after cargo is full get dumped. Players who begin attempting to make demands trying to order me or other crew get dumped. Players sending random friend invites are declined and told that I don't accept blind friend invites. The crew remaining after I port I'll take them on a few more runs before making my ship public again. By this time the first batch of people have gotten bored and gone off to do other things. Anyway I've found a few good pirates this way but still have to put up with the nonsense from rude players.

Ahh, the joys of making your ship open to public! Back in the days before boarding permissions we had to deal with these issues constantly unless we only sailed with trusted friends, never crewing up random players. I had a real nightmare with this sort of thing my first few days playing. I leveled up my sailing pretty quickly and bought a galleon my first day in game. Pirates was my first online game and I didn't know any better that to accept all those random friend invites. I couldn't even launch my ships without having a whole shipload of random morons immediately TPing on board. Shooting at everything in sight even when the ship was about to sink they continued firing. We didn't have repair at sea ability back then and could only port to repair. Step away from the wheel even for a second and one of them is stealing the wheel. The first couple days in game I didn't know that the captain could take the wheel back from them. One thing I noticed early on is that most of these people wouldn't respond to the captain in chat when asked to stop firing for example. I'd guess that most of these types are either very young children and very rude ones or total illiterates. The majority of these types seemed to be low level and mostly basics but not always. I ended up deleting my entire friend list after about three days in game and for about a month only sailed with a couple of trusted friends I'd met later. I wasn't involved with a good guild back in those early days and it took a while to find one.

On occaision I'll make my ship public while sailing with one of my mastered pirates who is a GM These cruises are for the purpose of making new friends and looking for new prospects for my guilds. Out of an entire shipload boarding on public you might only get one or two players who are worthy crew. Here's how I deal with the situation. As players TP to my ship I send crew invites to each player, those who decline crew invites or who refuse to leave other crews get dumped off my ship at the next port of call. The way I sail I like to pick targets line my gunners up and start the target at range taking out the sails before the enemy can get close enough to fire broadsides. I stick to high level ships around Padres and Kingshead, stay out til the cargo is loaded with royals. Before I port I reset my boarding permissions to crew only. Any troublesome people who are in crew I remove from crew just before porting. Here's a list of the people I boot from crew. Various Spammers..... Guild and friend invite spammers... Last cruise I had a level 20 guy continually spamming the chat in all CAPS trying to get people to join his guild. He was also pestering other crew with unwanted whispers. The fool even sent guild invites to me a mastered pirate and GM. He got dumped when I ported. I dump those who are trying to draw away my crew, for example someone who boards my ship usually refuses crew invite and begins spamming with things like .... "Lets all go to Kingshead", or "Lets all go kill a rage ghost!" Those trying to grab the Wheel I take it back immediately get dumped, those who refuse to cease fire after cargo is full get dumped. Players who begin attempting to make demands trying to order me or other crew get dumped. Players sending random friend invites are declined and told that I don't accept blind friend invites. The crew remaining after I port I'll take them on a few more runs before making my ship public again. By this time the first batch of people have gotten bored and gone off to do other things. Anyway I've found a few good pirates this way but still have to put up with the nonsense from rude players.

That is a lot of good information, will help with all the things i have been trying to deal with, now that i like sailing. TY Red Nations!:parrot:
EDIT (Dec 13, 2010 12:41 PM):
Nell i get them also alot... after awhile i just say move out of my way your blocking me... as for sailing, i will say this if you open your ship to the public and somebody takes the wheel ( Scallywag ) and they start to drive i boot them off my ship... and Bella sailing has and always will be about angles and speed.. if you are at a stop it is easier for your crew to shoot... i try to make a t-bone if i have more than 5 ppl in my crew (that includes me self) and i don't play around when i am captain of my ship....i tell everybody on board don't bother to ask if you can take the wheel...if they take the wheel i just boot them and lock down my ship...and another old term you could use for all of these types of pirates is a Jack-a-Bite ..anyways i think that is a good over all term for these ppl..even though some are rookie pirates and don't know any better..the only thing i can say about sailing and your the captain is be firm..it's your ship act like it's yours...if i have me warfrigate and a crew of 8 (including my self) i give them a side...if i'm driving the captains cannon is open for use so seven ppl can fire cannons while i'm at the wheel...and i say cease fire when we go in to port cuz that is redundent to shoot a ship when you don't need too...the best i can say is are you in control when you sail or are a scared mouse...your ship your rules...

ty Molly, for the info, i actually tell them first off put your life jackets on, because i sail, same as i play, aggressive, but i never really knew the protocol for a captain, i just took the wheel back not saying anything, wondered if that happened to other people, and i also tell them when ship gets low,only high on cannon as defense and everyone else repair so we dont go down, and that seemed to make people mad, but i thought as long as you were crewed you still get part of the treasure taken. But maybe now like you say, i should say in advance no one takes the wheel while we are out. And i really do try to look in control, but so much is going on i always pick the man of war flag ships, and i either run up the wrong side of the ship (hey, where did that wheel go?):oops:, or fall down the stairs three times trying to climb them. I always hope no one notices, lol. All in all, every time we go out, we come back with a lot of money, as i always pick the largest treasure ships, and by pass small ones.:woot:

Rude Noob?
What about the lower level pirates (I know the term is noob but it just sounds wrong to me) that ride on the coat tails of higher level pirates uninvited?
I call them Fleas because they try to stick to you like........ well like Fleas. Most of those tend of be very young players. I won't accept random friend invites so I don't deal with this very often. I have to spend some time in game getting to know another player and see how they interact with other players, before I accept or offer a friend invite. I also let people know when I add them to friends that I DON'T want people teleporting to me without first asking permission. If they do this I remind them the first time and remove them from friends if they continue to do it. They aren't always low level players either often just rude and obnoxious. I was helping out a couple friends with their staff quests a while back and there were three very rude kids from their guild who kept TPing to them and killing everything they were hunting on their quest lists. My friends ended up having to leave their guild and change servers in order to keep these little creeps from harrassing them. Its one of those guilds where the GM is often absent for extended periods. The GM returned and booted those three from guild. The Teleport issue is a particular Pet Peeve of mine because I had so many troublesome people teleporting to me randomly in my early days in game.

Stalkers

Guys get this too just probably not as often as the lady pirates. Early on in the game I picked up a real Psycho case of a stalker. After sailing in a crew with her for about an hour she TPed to me and asked me to marry her. This was the first I'd ever heard of a pirate wedding and I declined. She then began randomly TPing to be accusing me of cheating on her and making threats to any lady pirates in my crews.

Most of the people approaching random pirates with the BF/GF stuff are kids and I generally ignore them. don't care for having random people following me around in game. Not anti social just usually doing my own thing working quests and leveling and don't care for tag alongs unless it happens to be a friend and we are working on something together. Don't know if this still works but back a couple years ago the griefer types used to harrass players by opening their card when they saw them in port, Once the card was open they could whisper or TP to that player if they launched a ship or changed servers then invite all their griefer buddies along. This was before boarding permissions on ships. Haven't seen this happen for a while so I'm wondering if Disney fixed this issue. One thing that annoys me is when working with a friend and that person has random people TPing to them without asking. Was in the Catacombs leveling grenades a couple nights ago and this happened. The uninvited guy who TPed to my friend then began inviting his friends who immediately began attacking all my grenade targets. He was a level 42 so should have known better then people who were TPing to him were all level 20 and below and had no business in the catacombs. My friend removed him from their friend list over the incident.

I call them Fleas because they try to stick to you like........ well like Fleas. Most of those tend of be very young players. I won't accept random friend invites so I don't deal with this very often. I have to spend some time in game getting to know another player and see how they interact with other players, before I accept or offer a friend invite. I also let people know when I add them to friends that I DON'T want people teleporting to me without first asking permission. If they do this I remind them the first time and remove them from friends if they continue to do it. They aren't always low level players either often just rude and obnoxious. I was helping out a couple friends with their staff quests a while back and there were three very rude kids from their guild who kept TPing to them and killing everything they were hunting on their quest lists. My friends ended up having to leave their guild and change servers in order to keep these little creeps from harrassing them. Its one of those guilds where the GM is often absent for extended periods. The GM returned and booted those three from guild. The Teleport issue is a particular Pet Peeve of mine because I had so many troublesome people teleporting to me randomly in my early days in game.

Guys get this too just probably not as often as the lady pirates. Early on in the game I picked up a real Psycho case of a stalker. After sailing in a crew with her for about an hour she TPed to me and asked me to marry her. This was the first I'd ever heard of a pirate wedding and I declined. She then began randomly TPing to be accusing me of cheating on her and making threats to any lady pirates in my crews.

Most of the people approaching random pirates with the BF/GF stuff are kids and I generally ignore them. don't care for having random people following me around in game. Not anti social just usually doing my own thing working quests and leveling and don't care for tag alongs unless it happens to be a friend and we are working on something together. Don't know if this still works but back a couple years ago the griefer types used to harrass players by opening their card when they saw them in port, Once the card was open they could whisper or TP to that player if they launched a ship or changed servers then invite all their griefer buddies along. This was before boarding permissions on ships. Haven't seen this happen for a while so I'm wondering if Disney fixed this issue. One thing that annoys me is when working with a friend and that person has random people TPing to them without asking. Was in the Catacombs leveling grenades a couple nights ago and this happened. The uninvited guy who TPed to my friend then began inviting his friends who immediately began attacking all my grenade targets. He was a level 42 so should have known better then people who were TPing to him were all level 20 and below and had no business in the catacombs. My friend removed him from their friend list over the incident.

eeee, i am to nice, i am to nice, i am to nice, tell me how to say, no to a friend invite, i always worry about hurting someones feelings, but exactly what you describe always happens to me, they teleport to me, without asking, and i play at tormenta, places like that and they just instantly die, or i am helping someone, or playing with spania, and they dont like that, when other low level players from guilds show up. Why cant Disney, somehow make it that you can have a friend, but to teleport always requires them to get an ok from the person first.I keep trying to think of ways, such as, i always play on this ocean am happy to be your friend, but due to rules of teleport in my guild, i have to decline friend invites? I dont know what to say, i just hate to hurt peoples feelings, (well, maybe not if i hear you make fun of someone, then i can be a bit outspoken, as some have found out, oops :oops: (guess i better not ask Red Nations to marry me, yikes, and i was just thinking how cute he was!)

rofl.. too funny as I'm reading this post, I have the game up.. and I'm at potions table.. just got a random whisper "you're hot".. does that fall under stalker??.. lol And something from long ago memory, don't think in the beginning of the game we were able to take the wheel back on our ships if someone grabbed it.. Am I remembering wrong?

:) Flattered, but I'm allready spoken for:D My RL fiancee and I both play POTCO.

cool, families that play together, stay together! :fight:hey you would be the perfect two, to have a potc wedding! They actually are very heartwarming. I attended Grace and Captain Swans' wedding and it caused a sniffle or two! Was so sweet.:parrot:

cool, families that play together, stay together! :fight:hey you would be the perfect two, to have a potc wedding! They actually are very heartwarming. I attended Grace and Captain Swans' wedding and it caused a sniffle or two! Was so sweet.:parrot:
Actually we are planning one on Outcast, to be held after the RL wedding in June.

I affectionately refer to those pirates that univitedly tag along, steal rep, won't go away, won't heal, die and beg for help, and do not conisder the well being of the entire crew as TICs; because they really get under my skin.

I tell people right off when i crew them, you die, go straight to jail and tp back, i also hate when they yell for help, dont they realize we have to take down what put them out in the first place? I am not going down to. And that is something i always do, i go down, i dont ask for help, go straight to jail, hurry back, and help. That is the best chance of keeping everyone alive, specially playing on tormenta, where you are dealing with level 50 enemies.
(i am writing this and watching Rose dance up there, lol, and i am thinking, 1,2,1,2,3,around,around,step,step,cant get that out of my head now)wonder if i could do that?:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back