Bad Behavior!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say no to a friend invite especially a low level. we all started out that way. I usually wait a day or 2 and remove them. I'v never asked anyone will you be my friend. Thats just the way i am. To me friendship either comes naturaly or it grows in time. But a sure thing is someone who has a good sence of humor! Hear me Bella thats you!

Me three ... I can't say no either. Permission to tp to somebody may have to go to "what we want to be added to POTCO thread". I feel like a magnet (in a bad way sometimes); friends keep on tp-ing to me without asking. And it was embarassing to me, when I was helping my friend level, my friends who tp-ed to me kept on dying and asking for help. I couldn't use the ignore button, because I wouldn't know who would tp-ed to me ... :(. There was one time when a friend of my friend tp-ed to us had an attitude. He kept on dying and wouldn't listen to my advice to heal properly before attackimg again, or to give me a chance to heal him with my voodoo doll. He said, "I am so sick of ppl telling me what to do, even in this game!" WTH ... :mad: And sure enough, he was dying again. I told him that was what would happen. Then he threatened to report me because I would not revive him. My answer was that since he made that comment, that was exactly what I was gonna do: not reviving him! Not anybody's obligation to revive somebody; it's just purely out of kindness. What a rude behavior ... caused by unwanted ppl who tp-ed to us. As much as I didn't like to get other pirates in trouble, this one was over the line. I ended up reporting him. I doubt that he learned anything from it though. Bad attitude is a choice, not inflicted; and his was just an example how ridiculous somebody could be in this game ... unfortunately! :(

Jade i agree with you about asking permission to tp . I was on a ship with a friend and saw someone standing on the side. i sked my friend you have company and he said i thought he was with you. We had a heck of a time getting rid of him.
EDIT (Dec 14, 2010 10:13 PM):
Actually we are planning one on Outcast, to be held after the RL wedding in June.

Don't forget to invite me! I bring nice gifts.:rolleyes:

I hate to say no to a friend invite especially a low level. we all started out that way. I usually wait a day or 2 and remove them. I'v never asked anyone will you be my friend. Thats just the way i am. To me friendship either comes naturaly or it grows in time. But a sure thing is someone who has a good sence of humor! Hear me Bella thats you!
I don't want to add people who I'm going to remove a day or two later. I don't mind helping lower level pirates but I won't accept those blind friend invites from them. You all know the type, you just land in a busy port and you're on a mid to high level pirate. The next thing you know a friend invite screen pops open and someone who doesn't even have the courtesy to say hello and introduce themselves is trying to get on your friend list. I usually tell them that I don't accept those blind invites and that it isn't a good idea or a good way to make friends by sending them blindly. Just as its a bad idea to send blind guild invites. I realize that all of us were new at one time, it didn't take me long to learn that accepting those blind invites usually turned out badly, also accepting blind crew invites usually found me crewed up on another low level players Light Sloop. If I wanted to make friends among more knowledgable players there had to be a better method. Here's what I did. I would go into a busy port near the dock and when I saw mid level players crewing up to sail I would ask them if they could use an extra gunner in crew. Once crewed and on board their ship I treated them and their ship respectfully, payed attention to the captain's directions and brought in lots of loot. This method resulted in becoming friends with some good players.

I feel like a magnet (in a bad way sometimes); friends keep on tp-ing to me without asking.
Here's how I deal with that issue. When I accept a friend invitation I let them know that I do NOT want people TPing to me without asking first. If they do this I will remind them about it the first time. If they continue to TP without asking afterwards I remove them from friends, no reason to feel guilty about it.

And sure enough, he was dying again. I told him that was what would happen. Then he threatened to report me because I would not revive him. My answer was that since he made that comment, that was exactly what I was gonna do: not reviving him! Not anybody's obligation to revive somebody; it's just purely out of kindness.
There does seem to be a sense of entitlement among a lot of these players especially the kids in game. We are NOT obligated to heal or revive them, doing so is an act of generosity on our part. We are also NOT obligated to add them to our friend list, our crews, or our guilds. I've also seen situations where some little creep is threatening to report because someone refuses to heal, revive, crew or friend them.

I don't want to add people who I'm going to remove a day or two later. I don't mind helping lower level pirates but I won't accept those blind friend invites from them. You all know the type, you just land in a busy port and you're on a mid to high level pirate. The next thing you know a friend invite screen pops open and someone who doesn't even have the courtesy to say hello and introduce themselves is trying to get on your friend list. I usually tell them that I don't accept those blind invites and that it isn't a good idea or a good way to make friends by sending them blindly. Just as its a bad idea to send blind guild invites. I realize that all of us were new at one time, it didn't take me long to learn that accepting those blind invites usually turned out badly, also accepting blind crew invites usually found me crewed up on another low level players Light Sloop. If I wanted to make friends among more knowledgable players there had to be a better method. Here's what I did. I would go into a busy port near the dock and when I saw mid level players crewing up to sail I would ask them if they could use an extra gunner in crew. Once crewed and on board their ship I treated them and their ship respectfully, payed attention to the captain's directions and brought in lots of loot. This method resulted in becoming friends with some good players.

I don't friend blindly but if they were in a crew i would say yes only because i'm a softy.I'm getting more guts as i go along.lol

I dont know if I'm the only one who have experienced bad behavior on game, I bet I'm not!

Well names have come out of certaint ppl having bad behavior. Plz add more names or just get rid of your frustrations.

Well the first name most ppl know is:

The Repstealer

The other I just heard today is:

The Freeloader

(some who board your ship and go to sleep, and if they are really bad they demand you to land when they wake up, because they gotta go)
i have

I affectionately refer to those pirates that univitedly tag along, steal rep, won't go away, won't heal, die and beg for help, and do not conisder the well being of the entire crew as TICs; because they really get under my skin.

Kind of afraid to ask but curiosity got the best of me...what does TIC stand for?

Me three ... I can't say no either. Permission to tp to somebody may have to go to "what we want to be added to POTCO thread". I feel like a magnet (in a bad way sometimes); friends keep on tp-ing to me without asking. And it was embarassing to me, when I was helping my friend level, my friends who tp-ed to me kept on dying and asking for help. I couldn't use the ignore button, because I wouldn't know who would tp-ed to me ... :(. There was one time when a friend of my friend tp-ed to us had an attitude. He kept on dying and wouldn't listen to my advice to heal properly before attackimg again, or to give me a chance to heal him with my voodoo doll. He said, "I am so sick of ppl telling me what to do, even in this game!" WTH ... :mad: And sure enough, he was dying again. I told him that was what would happen. Then he threatened to report me because I would not revive him. My answer was that since he made that comment, that was exactly what I was gonna do: not reviving him! Not anybody's obligation to revive somebody; it's just purely out of kindness. What a rude behavior ... caused by unwanted ppl who tp-ed to us. As much as I didn't like to get other pirates in trouble, this one was over the line. I ended up reporting him. I doubt that he learned anything from it though. Bad attitude is a choice, not inflicted; and his was just an example how ridiculous somebody could be in this game ... unfortunately! :(

are they able to see if we have potions? I would have said, sorry, out of potions, oops:rumgone:
EDIT (Dec 15, 2010 4:25 AM):

Personally I have no problem with ignoring friend invites. Maybe it's because the noobs all see the shiny yellow founders coin next to my name but on any halfway busy server I can't pass through an area without getting two or three friend invites. I have a rule, if we haven't fought together for at least an hour I will reject any friend request.

Funny thing about being a founder, so many people think it means I work for Disney or get some special deal or something. "Oh cool, you get to play for free right?". Riiiight.

Now the ones that really annoy me are the low levels that want me to join their guild and get ticked off when I tell them no (politely). I've been in the guild I'm in since beta and the guildmaster and I have been playing online together for over 20 years (yeah, since you dialed up a BBS on the other side of the country to play games). I'm going to leave that just because someone thinks they have a really, really cool guild? Again, riiight. :)

Jade i agree with you about asking permission to tp . I was on a ship with a friend and saw someone standing on the side. i sked my friend you have company and he said i thought he was with you. We had a heck of a time getting rid of him.
EDIT (Dec 14, 2010 10:13 PM):

Don't forget to invite me! I bring nice gifts.:rolleyes:

I want to come to, will wear my Sunday Best!:piratemickey: (red nations wedding)

Well the wedding is still a few months away, but of course we would like to have friends attending.:)

Red Nations, this could be the big EVENT! hmmm what should, i wear, wonder if i need to bring a date, wonder who i should bring, i just love weddings, and a pirate one to boot! :popcorn:

Oh I don't have a problem with saying know to a random person lol I just don't friend random people cause I have no idea who they are or if they're nice, and then they just take up space in my friends list...

and then there are the people who will volunteer you for everything... i had an entire day where all i saw was "oh jade will help you"...when did i agree to be helping every single basic that crossed my path???.. and of course i had to help cuz i felt bad

I dont know if I'm the only one who have experienced bad behavior on game, I bet I'm not!

Well names have come out of certaint ppl having bad behavior. Plz add more names or just get rid of your frustrations.

Well the first name most ppl know is:

The Repstealer

The other I just heard today is:

The Freeloader

(some who board your ship and go to sleep, and if they are really bad they demand you to land when they wake up, because they gotta go)

~ The NAMES I can only think of now include: "Rumpelstiltskin" & "Miss Daisy." Here is why...
  1. Rumpelstiltskin - Inspired by the fairytale character, a term that describes a pirate whom controls the ship's wheel without asking for the Captain's permission.
  2. Miss Daisy - The pirate that board's a ship & refuses to do anything other than enjoy "the ride" (same as the character named within the movie, 'Driving Miss Daisy').
Anyway, those are the best names (although a little 'silly') that I can think up right now, lol :p.

Oh I don't have a problem with saying know to a random person lol I just don't friend random people cause I have no idea who they are or if they're nice, and then they just take up space in my friends list...

pooey! Is that why you didnt put me on your friends' list? :confused: I promise to only take up a tiny bit of space on your list, and trust me, i am usually always nice, usually, always, i promise!:piratemickey:
EDIT (Dec 15, 2010 5:59 PM):
~ The NAMES I can only think of now include: "Rumpelstiltskin" & "Miss Daisy." Here is why...
  1. Rumpelstiltskin - Inspired by the fairytale character, a term that describes a pirate whom controls the ship's wheel without asking for the Captain's permission.
  2. Miss Daisy - The pirate that board's a ship & refuses to do anything other than enjoy "the ride" (same as the character named within the movie, 'Driving Miss Daisy').
Anyway, those are the best names (although a little 'silly') that I can think up right now, lol :p.

What i want to know, is where the name from your pirate came from, shamus the Brute, you are a picture of sweetness, you dont look like a brute to me. :confused:

and then there are the people who will volunteer you for everything... i had an entire day where all i saw was "oh jade will help you"...when did i agree to be helping every single basic that crossed my path???.. and of course i had to help cuz i felt bad

I have that same problem Jade, i feel bad saying no to them to, you are just like me, can i say, hey, i know this, girl.....her name is jade.....she loves to help,....no just kidding...:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back