Bad luck or bad loot?

Jackwildkidd

Buccaneer
Sorry if this has already been asked/discussed, but I am only lvl 20 and so far I've only gotten one rare sword and one rare pistol. Everything else is junk. My skull chests are junk and gold. I do basically nothing but loot (sailing and land). Don't do much questing cause I'm working on leveling my weapons.
Does loot get better the higher rank you get? I seem to remember getting lots of good stuff on POTCO, even if I had to save it to use later at higher level....

So you've gotten rare stuff, but nothing above that?
And are your skull chests awesome?
Thanks for answering!
Yea I haven't really started looting the bosses where famed weapons drop.

The only skull chests I get are from sea loot and I usually get rare weapons from those but a lot of the time I just look at the loot and not what container it comes from so I can't be sure.

I am on the same route as you, I am level 24 and I have literally no luck at all, I have like 6 rares, no brights, and 1 famed that is the worst famed in the entire game in which some commons are even better. I have terrible luck but then I look at other level 20's and 30's with insane famed and some have the lost sword even, doesn't seem like the loot chance are the same for everyone. For example, I farmed the dregs outside Cursed Caverns on Tormenta yesterday for all 3 hours of my playtime slot, I killed roughly 300-400 dregs and I only got 4 skull chests and EVERY SINGLE ONE was like 40 gold and a terrible common weapon and I think one gave me a an extra card, how nice :( , so if you think you are alone you are not, we just have to battle through all the lucky people with their insane loot! Plunder on!

What weapon levels are you? If your weapon levels aren't very high you won't get that many good items for them. Say if all your weapons are level 8 you won't get very many good items because most items around level 8 are common or crude. If you have sword or something leveled higher than the rest then it's likely just a bit of bad luck.

Level 22 Sword and 24 Shooting, I loot with those, 13 Doll. It isn't a bit of bad luck, I have had this ever since POTCO, seems like the people with youtubes and share the game a lot get an incentive or something because they sure get some nice loot.

When we're speaking of bad luck, you'll find me as a synonym to the phrase in the dictionary.

Realistically now though, there have been some conflicts to the looting system today. I have been levelling up my dagger from level 23 to 25 and I could not get a single loot pouch. 2 hours of levelling without a single enemy drop. We are not speaking of loot chests and higher, these are a luxury these days. This should be looked into for when the next update will be applied to game, @MMDR.

Thanks everyone for your feedback

Edit #1: Depending on what you were doing, you could still get loot. Pistol-generated kills would give you drops, whereas dagger/throwing knives kills would not.

When we're speaking of bad luck, you'll find me as a synonym to the phrase in the dictionary.

Realistically now though, there have been some conflicts to the looting system today. I have been levelling up my dagger from level 23 to 25 and I could not get a single loot pouch. 2 hours of levelling without a single enemy drop. We are not speaking of loot chests and higher, these are a luxury these days. This should be looked into for when the next update will be applied to game, @MMDR.

Thanks everyone for your feedback

Edit #1: Depending on what you were doing, you could still get loot. Pistol-generated kills would give you drops, whereas dagger/throwing knives kills would not.
I don't think it is the loot system because these same people get amazing loot everyday, look at the first loot thread. Something isn't right when the most popular members get the good stuff. Ironic? I think not

Sorry if this has already been asked/discussed, but I am only lvl 20 and so far I've only gotten one rare sword and one rare pistol. Everything else is junk. My skull chests are junk and gold. I do basically nothing but loot (sailing and land). Don't do much questing cause I'm working on leveling my weapons.
Does loot get better the higher rank you get? I seem to remember getting lots of good stuff on POTCO, even if I had to save it to use later at higher level....
It's all luck, good or bad. My dad gets the worst loot I've ever seen, yet I get awesome stuff along with my siblings.

I don't think it is the loot system because these same people get amazing loot everyday, look at the first loot thread. Something isn't right when the most popular members get the good stuff. Ironic? I think not
I'm making a referance about an actual problem I encountered yesterday - enemies were not dropping a single thing. This is actually something to be looked into because it was like that the looting system was falling apart. I'm not talking about the luck here, the first step before speaking of luck is to actually get the loot first.

Sorry for the misconception

Yes that's what happened to me. I looted for hours and got junk. Most pouches had 1-4 gold lol

I have bad loot luck in general, but it was much worse day before...

I can safely say that I have the worst "loot luck" in the game!
But it's ok. I get what I need to get by and still have a blast. I end up selling off all my loot anyways, LOL!
Good Luck!

Back