Suggestion Ban select pirates from your ship

There have only been about 10 pirates that I would not like to see on my ship again and I wouldn't anticipate having a large list but in my mind a 150 limit on size seems consistent with other parts of the game. I wouldn't be banning people for being afk once or twice, I'm more after those that have been overtly rude trolls or are serial afk ers. I hope to exclude them without going to the trouble of reporting them and without getting them in trouble with management.
Instead of creating a new kind of thing, perhaps there could be an addition to way the ignore feature works. I think the ignore in chat just blanks out a pirates chats or what? How about a ignore feature choice like ignore player blah blah ALL GAME, since I don't know how the ignore works right now anyways. If the ignore includes their profile then that ignore could also be set up for them not to see your ship or something. Like you can block a player in chat, have a block player for sailing button maybe.
IDK.

Captains should certainly receive more accessibility when it comes to managing the players on your ship. The option to kick would only already solve this entire mess and it surely helps getting rid of those pesky leechers and people who like to do nothing but AFK and stand there checking their nails.

I can agree with what you said, up to the point about the most egregious POTCO hackers. Not that I disagree with that aspect, but I really haven't seen that yet. Perhaps you might point us to that conclusion with an example or two, not that you have to, of course.
I've yet to see any remorse in any of the do-nothings that board ships, but I'm willing to accept it anyway.
I understand completely. If I can eventually find the links to a few threads here, I'll post them to your profile or via pm. Also...quite decent of you to not give out "payback." Lord knows, this community has already seen PLENTY of that!
I'm all for forgiveness and mostly against elitism. I don't think that this idea is promoting intolerance or elitism. It's just a way to keep known problems from recurring. I and many others would like to meet people through opening our ships to the public but at the same time want a way to keep people that have proven to be trouble or just dead weight off our ships. I certainly understand that mistakes happen and am willing to listen to what people have to say. I think this idea is very much in keeping with how both Disney and TLOPO have developed the game. It would be much like the ignor function.
You are correct, says I. ;) *To be a ship Captain, it takes hard work and great effort and...the last thing the game itself should become is an exploitation of someone else's hard work.

Leeches be crazy!!!

Then I was understanding it correctly...this is applying to making ships public. In that case, I agree with the sentiment, as you would have to friend nearly everyone in the game to make it feasible otherwise.
You have people (pirates) like me, who have no friends...wait...IN GAME, nor guild or other people they can talk into crewing, so it's just me and the public choice if I want pirates to jump on.
One thing I noticed more than a few times, is as soon as I made my ship public, before I even got to the wheel, I had like 5 afk's standing about.
Matter of fact, a few seemed to beat me to the ship. Don't know how that is possible. They arrived almost faster than it would take to read my ship is open. Like an auto script to scan and join open ships automatically with an alt. Which could explain some of the weird activity I've observed where a puff of smoke would bring a body who never moves from where they spawned on ship.

So, the boot option has come to pass. This idea is now much less appealing with the boot option in game. I still think it could be a good thing, more permanent ridding of trolls than just for one sailing run but I have no intention to push for this anymore until such time as the boot option has proved ineffective.

I like the idea, but I worry that players would ban low-level pirates who would remain banned even after reaching whatever threshold the captain prefers. Maybe the bans would only last a few weeks?

I feel that this is a good add, not just for sailing but just over all. There are a few trolls on here that are also in the game (some a part of staff in this game, why it is allowed, idk). Love to be able to add these ppl to perm ignore list that i can control, in game. Staff included.

I like the idea, but I worry that players would ban low-level pirates who would remain banned even after reaching whatever threshold the captain prefers. Maybe the bans would only last a few weeks?
If someone adds someone to their ignore list, even if low lvl..there are always other ships they can join. Wizards has this option in their game, I feel it is really needed in this community, for sure.

I feel that this is a good add, not just for sailing but just over all. There are a few trolls on here that are also in the game (some a part of staff in this game, why it is allowed, idk). Love to be able to add these ppl to perm ignore list that i can control, in game. Staff included.

dsbjgtkp0r801.jpg

Back