Discussion Baseball

Roger_ Gunshot

Pirate Master
Baseball season is right around the corner, and it's time to remember why everyone besides New Yorkers hate the Yankees! (Kidding ) Use this thread to discuss whatever pertains to baseball from trades to retirements to why we hate the Yankees :3

This season I think the Braves can actually make it to the playoffs because they have a veteran pitching staff with Julio Teheran, R.A. fishey (lol, not "Fishey" obviously, but you get the point :3), and Bartolo Colon. The infield seems solid with Brandon Phillips and Dansby Swanson up the middle, Freddie Freeman at 1st, Adonis Garcia and Jace Peterson at 3rd, Ender Inciarte, Matt Kemp, and Nick Markakis patrolling the outfield, and Tyler Flowers, Kurt Suzuki, and Anthony Recker behind the plate.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cKlNUcdo0

Last edited:
The future for the Braves:

dansby swanson.jpg

I'm calling it right now, he will be the next Chipper Jones. I can see us making a Wild Card this year and maybe winning it, but no way we get past the second round

I used to play a lot of baseball, and basketball, cross-country, but mostly baseball. I typically get too bored to watch it though, same with other sports.

Without a doubt. But it's a 4 game series, so we have 3 more games to either tie it or sweep it. Maybe if we hadn't traded someone named Craig Kimbrel it wouldn't be so bad...Someone make John Smoltz young again...
True, but we did get some nice pieces for Kimbrel. The issue with Kimbrel was, he was too much money just for a closer. Plus, we had to give up Kimbrel in order to get rid of horrible B.J./Melvin Upton

Back