Basic Vs. Unlimited Access

With all of the new weapons and clothes coming out, it seems like having basic access keeps getting worse and worse to live with. There are so many people running around with amazing weapons, and with just basic you have a measly little rusty cutlass. I think that Disney should raise the limit for Basic members some, maybe they could raise the weapon level to 10 and allow the use of the dagger. Also it's a bit of a pain if you had unlimited at one time, but then you are reduced back to basic, because you won't get any notoriety points, even if you are leveling up fishing, potions, etc. that might not have been at level 7 yet. You'll get skill points for them, just not any notoriety points. Now, I still think that it makes sense for Disney to charge for unlimited access because of all of the amazing things that you can do with it, and they have to make a profit too. But for those of us who can't always get a game card or don't have a credit card, they could make it a little more bearable so that we hang around and eventually (hopefully) pay for unlimited again. Any thoughts?

I feel if you go back to basic you should at least be able to use some of the stuff you earned while unlimited. Unfrotunatley with our economy people are saving up their money and aren't spending it on stuff like potco.

I think profit is the key word here. If they allowed basic players good weapons and such there would be no reason for them to buy unlimited access. It does seem to be getting worse for them though and for people who have had unlimited and lose it for whatever reason, I do think they should have access to more of their stuff. Like their clothes that they bought with their gold and some of their weapons.:arrrrr:

But the problem is that no matter what basic will have a disadvantage in any game like in clubpenguin people complained and in this people will complain.

Well,Disney wants to make profit from basic access members and thats not gonna happen when they get cool things that only unlimited gets,but i do think if you were unlimited and went back to basic i believe you should be able to use some unlimited things

I think profit is the key word here. If they allowed basic players good weapons and such there would be no reason for them to buy unlimited access. It does seem to be getting worse for them though and for people who have had unlimited and lose it for whatever reason, I do think they should have access to more of their stuff. Like their clothes that they bought with their gold and some of their weapons.:arrrrr:

I agree with u Charlotte, i think u should still have some access to your stuff u had already got ,But i suppose if they gave u full access to them people would go off unlimited once they had there collection of goodies.

Right, but I think it would be in their best interests for basic to have some more to do. It would then give us a reason to stick around until we can get unlimited again instead of just leaving for good since we can't do anything. If they have more people playing, then more people will tell their friends about it, and more will eventually pay for unlimited. I think that it keeps getting worse because they are adding so many new things like weapons and clothes but not letting basic have anything more. If they are going to add to one I think they have to add at least a little bit to the other. There should be some sort of way that you can keep some of your weapons, or at some that are a higher level than a rusty cutlass :( Clothes I don't think are as big of a deal, since not having clothes won't prohibit your ability to play the game.

Christopher i was the pirate that told everybody do NOT sell you level 20 weapons upgrades no matter what the consequence is. If you go basic you can still use your pirate blade the grand pistol blloodletter taboo doll vile staff and the grenades well you loose alot of skills there so they aren't worth it.

Christopher i was the pirate that told everybody do NOT sell you level 20 weapons upgrades no matter what the consequence is. If you go basic you can still use your pirate blade the grand pistol blloodletter taboo doll vile staff and the grenades well you loose alot of skills there so they aren't worth it.
I'm not sure I know what you mean...
I've sold my upgrades so I can't attest to any of those, but I do know that you can't use any daggers, grenades, or staves while only on Basic access, no matter what specific weapon you have.

Good point Molly.. I've been holding on to mine for sentimental reasons.. guess now I'd have a better reason.

Think about it like this: you come up with this really awesome cookie recipe. You bake a bunch, then give out some free samples. People like them, so you start to sell them the next time they come 'round. You come up with another recipe, one that people might like. Instead of letting people try it however, you simply sell them, hoping for the best. That "hoping for the best part" is what Disney is trying now. They're attempting to lure people in with a MUCH wider array of stuff to do/use/be part of, though they make people pay for it without trying all of it.

There is a need to keep Basic competitive. POTCO is marketed as a 'free' game, so they (Disney) needs to cater to that group. I would say give the Basic people a bit more in terms of levels and abilities, but cap it at about level 10 of skills and whatever Notoriety level that comes out to.

People who were Unlimited and then went Basic for some reason are much more tricky. Yes, they're loyal customers, paying ones in fact, but you can't let people go Unlimited, get a bunch of stuff, then stop paying. Id say give us a few more weapons and clothes, but leave us with the Light ships. Keep the Famed and Legendary weapons for Unlimited, but give Basic the commons and crudes. Keep staff and grenade as Unlimited, and then I'd say you're good. Maybe...

There is a need to keep Basic competitive. POTCO is marketed as a 'free' game, so they (Disney) needs to cater to that group. I would say give the Basic people a bit more in terms of levels and abilities, but cap it at about level 10 of skills and whatever Notoriety level that comes out to.

Very good ideas, William! I agree. You should "copy & paste" your suggestions & send it to Disney :woot:

With all of the new weapons and clothes coming out, it seems like having basic access keeps getting worse and worse to live with. There are so many people running around with amazing weapons, and with just basic you have a measly little rusty cutlass. I think that Disney should raise the limit for Basic members some, maybe they could raise the weapon level to 10 and allow the use of the dagger. Also it's a bit of a pain if you had unlimited at one time, but then you are reduced back to basic, because you won't get any notoriety points, even if you are leveling up fishing, potions, etc. that might not have been at level 7 yet. You'll get skill points for them, just not any notoriety points. Now, I still think that it makes sense for Disney to charge for unlimited access because of all of the amazing things that you can do with it, and they have to make a profit too. But for those of us who can't always get a game card or don't have a credit card, they could make it a little more bearable so that we hang around and eventually (hopefully) pay for unlimited again. Any thoughts?

I LOVE THIS THOUGHT <3

Think about it like this: you come up with this really awesome cookie recipe. You bake a bunch, then give out some free samples. People like them, so you start to sell them the next time they come 'round. You come up with another recipe, one that people might like. Instead of letting people try it however, you simply sell them, hoping for the best. That "hoping for the best part" is what Disney is trying now. They're attempting to lure people in with a MUCH wider array of stuff to do/use/be part of, though they make people pay for it without trying all of it.

People who were Unlimited and then went Basic for some reason are much more tricky. Yes, they're loyal customers, paying ones in fact, but you can't let people go Unlimited, get a bunch of stuff, then stop paying. Id say give us a few more weapons and clothes, but leave us with the Light ships. Keep the Famed and Legendary weapons for Unlimited, but give Basic the commons and crudes. Keep staff and grenade as Unlimited, and then I'd say you're good. Maybe...
Um, I'm really not sure of what you are trying to say here....

I'm not sure what you meant when you said that they aren't letting people try the game, because that is what Basic access is for, to try the game out. If they let everybody use all of the weapons then there wouldn't be as much of a pull for people to upgrade to Unlimited. They aren't just selling the game to people and "hoping for the best" as you put it, they are showing people what the game is about and what all they can do.

I do agree that they need to give a *little* bit more to Basic access. I say it in that way because I don't want it to sound like I think that Disney should give them a lot of stuff, because I do understand that they are running a business here, and they have to have some reason for people to upgrade. It would be nice if they would raise the skill level to 10, but I think they should still restrict the dagger and story quests like they have. I know that I really wanted to get Unlimited for the first time because I saw what I could do with more quests and a dagger etc.

Your last paragraph was pretty much describing what the Basic access is like now... Basic can use a light sloop and light galleon (and besides, you can always drive a friend's ship), and don't basic people get common and crude weapons already? I would still say keep the dagger to Unlimited access though.

Back