Behold! Your Laggy Pirate Friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zell Makonada

Swashbuckler
Started playing on Sunday. The game ran great. I was so... satisfied. I wasn't there when PotCO went offline. I wish I would have been. It's been 6 years since I've played this game! I'm glad to be back!

Unfortunately, the past two days have been awful. Apparently there is a memory leak that causes anyone using over 2 GB of RAM to lag or crash. My high-end *coughnotreallyit'sanalienwarelaptopcough* has so many background processes that it is impossible to run it even at 2 GB. It's way over! A whole GB of RAM is already taken by the game, and while sitting idle with no big processes being run, it uses 1.7 GB of RAM. With the game running, it uses 3.4 GB. I'm afraid I'll have to wait another year before this gets fixed. It's really depressing.

I still don't understand why it ran so well on Sunday, yet now I can barely hold 12 FPS.

From your loving Pirate friend, a PotCO veteran *coughfreetoplaycough*, the greatest at running in place in mid-air, Zell!

Sorry to hear that mate. The game is currently in early beta, and problems such as memory leaks hope to be solved in coming patches. But anyways,

Gif.gif

Ahoy mate! Welcome to TLOPO Forums! Weigh the anchor and hoist yer sails thar be excitin times here on the forums! Be sure to check out the threads as they contain a wealth of information! :) :)

Back in my day there weren't none of these minigames! You whippersnappers will never know the pain of losing your first love! That one woman who slaps you in the face on the tutorial island! Oh, the many slaps I got. There weren't no sabres or broadswords or ships that were probably added when AC IV became popular. Oh the times I had with Jolly Dog and his double barreled pistol. He even got to keep it when it became restricted to Unlimited Access. And David Coalfish! Oh the king of limited access!

BTW. Still waiting for the memory leak to be fixed.

Well. I have some bad news. 904: Couldn't extract archive: phase_2.mf.bz2

Tried everything. Nothing works. Not even the instructions on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back