Guide Best Skill Placement IMO

Do you agree with my choices?

• Total voters

Divine

Pirate Lord
So I just reached level 50, and I thought I would show you guys where I placed my skill point that helped me get to this place! This is all my opinion, and you can check some other people's skill placements here:

Big Kab: https://piratesforums.co/threads/proper-skill-placement-for-optimal-efficiency.15072/
Jack's Leveling Guide: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Jack's_Guide_to_Leveling

My picks(post yours below if you disagree/would change something)
lvl50.PNG

grenades.PNG
staff.PNG
cannons.PNG
dagger.PNG
doll.PNG
sword.PNG

sailing.PNG

shooting.PNG

Last edited:
Most I agree with, but my gun setup is a little different. I have max shoot and take aim, with max silver shot and steel shot. Also max sharpshooter and eagle eye. I didn't spend any on lead or band shot.

• Dagger
  1. I'd remove 4 of the points from 'cut' and instead max out Viper's nest and the Sword/Dagger cooldown passive perk.
  2. If you like to PvP against Doll users, then the 4 points from Swipe (2nd combo attack) could be used to unlock one of each other ability for a full toolkit to help break Attunement (Asp) and add more specific ranged abilities.
  • Sword
  1. I'd reconsider the 2 extra points on the second combo skill in favor of sweep or Brawl.
My sailing spec is a bit different as well, but if you are focusing on pure combat (and loot) then that is an excellent build.

What I have noticed that once you max out on skill levels at pirate level 50, even a Cabin Boy's cutlass is deadly in 2 strikes, regardless of where the skill point goes.
As I progress, I retrain as needed to accommodate my current abilities. In the end, it doesn't matter where you place your points, as only a rage ghost, Foulberto and Jolly Roger can really hurt you, even with a level 2 sword.

I wouldnt even put a point into sweep i would put that into the combo. and as for the dagger i would max both passives and vipers nest. But besides those two things i agree completely with these specs
yeah i switched them up on my second character, ill make an updated list eventually!

Back