Discussion Best upgrades for War Brig?

Discussion in 'TLOPO Ships and Sailing' started by Richard Greasevane, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Richard Greasevane

I have a war brig, and I'm going the cargo route with my upgrades. Once I'm finally able to pick one of the cool ones, which would be best? Keep in mind, looks are important to me. I'm never going copperhead because I hate the look of gears on a pirate ship. I really wanted to go fortune hunter, but I've been told it's not worth it. Right now I'm looking at skull and bones.

2. Stout

Stout Swashbuckler

Firestorm /s
    Yeah, I went with Fortune Hunter because I want that sweet 24 cargo space plus armor and firebrand

Richard Greasevane likes this.
  3. Richard Greasevane

do ye like fortune hunter?

4. Stout

Stout Swashbuckler

Yes, but i wouldn't upgrade it all the way to rank VI---you only get more armor and firebrand. I only have it for mat runs. Save the money and mats for something fun to play with like idk. A skull and bones frigate?

5. Eric Sailcutter

Eric Sailcutter Pirate Master

Every ship has something to recommend it. I don't think you can really go wrong whatever you choose. There are plenty of places that you can study the look of the different choices. As for fun and utility I recommend that you see what your friends have and ask them their opinion and if you dare, lol, ask for a test drive. Actually sailing them will quickly settle everything. The Fortune Hunters are great all around ships, possibly the best, but have the weakest broadsides of any upgrade, this means that they are not great for solo runs but with large crews everything is different and broadsides are less of an issue. I personally am not partial to the large cargo capacity and prefer more powerful broadsides. Once rams work the Cajun Ram will to some degree fix the weakness of Fortune Hunters and Firestorms broadsides. I love the look of Skull and Bones and find it to be a good compromise but if you need extremes then look at Stormchasers and Copperheads. In the end actually trying them is far better than blindly taking my or anyone else's advice.

Richard Greasevane and Stout like this.
  6. Richard Greasevane

Thanks mate