Discussion Best upgrades for War Brig?

Richard Greasevane

Honorable Pirate
I have a war brig, and I'm going the cargo route with my upgrades. Once I'm finally able to pick one of the cool ones, which would be best? Keep in mind, looks are important to me. I'm never going copperhead because I hate the look of gears on a pirate ship. I really wanted to go fortune hunter, but I've been told it's not worth it. Right now I'm looking at skull and bones.

Every ship has something to recommend it. I don't think you can really go wrong whatever you choose. There are plenty of places that you can study the look of the different choices. As for fun and utility I recommend that you see what your friends have and ask them their opinion and if you dare, lol, ask for a test drive. Actually sailing them will quickly settle everything. The Fortune Hunters are great all around ships, possibly the best, but have the weakest broadsides of any upgrade, this means that they are not great for solo runs but with large crews everything is different and broadsides are less of an issue. I personally am not partial to the large cargo capacity and prefer more powerful broadsides. Once rams work the Cajun Ram will to some degree fix the weakness of Fortune Hunters and Firestorms broadsides. I love the look of Skull and Bones and find it to be a good compromise but if you need extremes then look at Stormchasers and Copperheads. In the end actually trying them is far better than blindly taking my or anyone else's advice.

Every ship has something to recommend it. I don't think you can really go wrong whatever you choose. There are plenty of places that you can study the look of the different choices. As for fun and utility I recommend that you see what your friends have and ask them their opinion and if you dare, lol, ask for a test drive. Actually sailing them will quickly settle everything. The Fortune Hunters are great all around ships, possibly the best, but have the weakest broadsides of any upgrade, this means that they are not great for solo runs but with large crews everything is different and broadsides are less of an issue. I personally am not partial to the large cargo capacity and prefer more powerful broadsides. Once rams work the Cajun Ram will to some degree fix the weakness of Fortune Hunters and Firestorms broadsides. I love the look of Skull and Bones and find it to be a good compromise but if you need extremes then look at Stormchasers and Copperheads. In the end actually trying them is far better than blindly taking my or anyone else's advice.
Thanks mate

I'm probably too late here. But for PvE the only upgrades I recommend are copper, storm chaser, and cargo 3. Btw, I agree about the look of the chains on coppers.

If the reason you're looking at skull and bones is for damage, storm chaser does much more of it, while also being faster and more maneuverable. The biggest complaint I hear about it is the way it looks, if that's the case for you, your only option then is skull and bones. None of the other upgrades are even worth considering in terms of damage.

I don't think fortune hunter is worth it on any level, but if your heart is set on it, I fully agree with Stout- get IV and stop there. You get the same speed, turning, and cargo as fortune hunter 6, and still 20% more armor than stock. If you go all the way to fortune hunter 6, it'll cost 285,000 gold, 2,400 iron, and 450 steel... and all you gain is 17% more armor and 10% stronger broadsides.

All that being said, if your heart is set on something, then by all means get it. It's your ship after all!

Back