Best War Ship

Best War ship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eyezik

Wanted Pirate
So I'm kinda posting this bc I'm in the market for my first ever war ship and I dont know what to get
So post here what you find best about the different types of war ships
and make sure to vote for your favorite
(feel free to link me to any guides/post already on this topic)
You will have 2 votes and will not be able to change it after voting

I just can't vote, all are worthy. I like the regular sloop best for sailing enjoyment, even over the war class ones, and the war frigate best for crewing but all have their charms and uses. I don't see how one can be labeled the best in any kind of general sense. I recommend you try sailing several of them if you have friends that will let you sail theirs. Be sure to tryout and research upgrades as well, they will radically change the character of your ship and it is expensive to change paths should you be unhappy with your choice.

Last edited:
I prefer Frigates for SvS and the occasional questing/looting. For mat runs and boss battles, I will exclusively use a brig when possible.

I'll be quite frank, I have an immediate bias toward war sloops, but with good reason. I personally adore the maneuverability of even the most sluggish builds on War Sloops, it makes them great fun and nye indestructible in PvE. In PvP, they do seem to be a weaker link depending on the Captain, though.

Let the truth be heard.. I'm not a fan of brigs. But that doesn't outweigh their usefulness, as they are overall just better versions of Galleons with an open deck that makes it feel a lot less claustrophobic. They are just a tad bit expensive, in some cases too expensive for my taste.

Frigates are not only, in my opinion, excuse my French, one of the most B.A. ship designs, I mean, they look so angry! But they are also undoubtedly useful in both PvE and SvS. Their naturally high health pool makes it great for eating shots, and are fantastic tanks if built like one! The cannon positions are also very advantageous, being able to shoot to the front of the ship is useful.

Finally, the rotten love child.. Galleons. While their design is realistically pretty snazzy and they are absolutely enormous, their Achilles' heel lies in many aspects of the vessel. Not only do they start off slow without any specific builds, but they never really get much faster unless you plan to ignore its strengths to fix its weaknesses. Their weak spots are arguably the most detrimental in combat, basically narrowing down the whole front of the ship once the hull has been broken. They feel terribly claustrophobic as stated previously, with only 10 crew spots and a narrow deck covered with walls, breeches and the likes, they just don't feel nice to steer or cannoneer from. However, I will give them this. War Galleons are tied with War Brigs for Hit Points and have the largest broadside, once again tied with Brigs.

Overall, go with what your heart and/or wallet tells you feels the best. These are just observations from myself and other users. :)

I got a war brig, war sloop and a war galleon.

I like all ships equally. But the war galleon is my favourite because nothing tops 27 cargo slots with fortune hunter!

But kinda sad that the war brig fortune hunter is also overtly expensive. But it's a good boat too. Only gripe with that one is the broadside angles. They tend to be better on my war galleon.

I run a War Galleon Fortune Hunter, my god does she haul in the gold on a good loot run. Its a long time out there and your the biggest target on the water, but a good crew can and will come to your boat if shes full.

Have War Sloop Storm Chaser, this by far is the most fun, fast hard hitting excitement that is hard to hit. As mentioned above Great for solo, ill get a mat run done in 5 minutes solo.

Lastly, my ugly step child the War Frigate Skull and crossbones... I love her broadsides, but i HATE this ship... She only makes it out of port 1 in every 10 logs. Everyone loves them so much and i just don't.

I'm loyal to my Galley, but my Sloop is my favorite of all.

Back