Best warship for me ?

spanishasian09

Dockworker
I have 24k gold, and I'm almost lvl 15 sailing. I want a ship that I can throw into SvS as soon as possible, and still good enough to go on a materials run (i usually bring my current galleon with my friends who sail a war galleon and a war brig and form a fleet anyways). For this reason, I was leaning towards a war sloop, as it should be a safe choice for a materials run assuming i stay in my friends' war fleet, but ppl have been telling me that it isn't worth it and that I should go straight for the war frigate. Any suggestions ?

I think you should get a War Sloop because they are fast, they are especially in Privateering as I've seen people blowing me down with their War Sloop. But it's not that strong with armor and its broadsides. You would most-likely need people on your ship to succeed in privateering. Unless you upgrade.
My Opinion

I'd suggest a war frigate or war brig. War frigates are a whole lot cheaper than brigs, and they have more hp and cannons. Brigs are faster and look better, but are expensive.
War frigates are especially good in SvS because of the hp, and do very good as coppers. Sloops on the other hand have little armor, less cargo, and less cannons.

I would pick a war friagte over a war brig anyday. i made a mistake selling my war frigate for the war brig. BIG MISTAKE

War frigate all the way. Especially if your interested I'm SvS. I'm an SvSer myself and when I solo I use my copperhead war frigate. With practice in that, you can easily be a equal match with war sloop crews and all ships in the waters. I'm currently working on a copperhead war brig too. Frigates will always be my favorite, but I like the size of the war brig too. Will be mainly for regular plundering, but if you want that SvS factor, war frigate is the right direction!

Just sell your War Brig for 40k and Play BlackJack for 20k and then buy a War Frigate
i can buy a war frigate i have over 120k, just i have upgraded my war brig so im gonna keep it. you don't get the mats. or gold back from upgrades

MAX Upgraded War Frigate FTW.

There are too many documneted accuracy issues with War Brig broadsides.

Not only my opinion, but the opinions of many others that are truly disappointed with the random broadside accuracy a War Brig delivers, especially in SVS.

These opionion are not shared by ALL, of course, but many SVS Kings and/or Queens comment on how the war brig broads can be hit or miss in some very crucial situations.

My two cents.

If you are want to deal as much damage as possible, war galleon
If you are pretty good at dodging, war sloop, wont do much damage, but you wont get hit either!
If you want something in the middle, war brig
If you want a small(ish) boat that does alot of damage, war frigate

i agree with you James...might i add if you are in the SvS arena to do it for a purpose go War Sloop... if you want to punish your opponents in the SvS department may i recommend a war galleon copperhead lv VI... not only does the War Galleon have the most broadside cannons... but is the most accurate ship in my opinion in broadsides and is a tank ( Literally ) in the water.. just an opnion but a war brig stormchaser is amazing... i chased down too light sloops and sunk them at distance...( which is where most captains go wrong with war brigs ) they are amazing at distance (war brigs) not up close parasites like war sloops or a thug like up close and personal like the war frigate... not only that... but a war galleon demands attention in the SvS waters... ask any vet of the SvS arena... the first thing they ask is what kind is it.. then formulate from there... they are slow but are accurate and with max broadsides and a steel ram you can shread alot of ships in the SvS with one of these... just an opinion :cool:

Back