[Closed] Beta account contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

internetpirate

Hello, I am giving away a account with a beta key it will last till the (11th at 11:59 pm CDT) and the contest winners will be announced a few days after or when i get to it

I only have 1 account to giveaway so their will only be one winner.

The contest is: What was your favorite update in potco? It doesn't have to be a favorite, it could just be a update you liked and can provide a brief description of.

If needed here's a archive of potco updates: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Release_Notes

Here's proof of my ownership of a key account:
proofofownership.gif

The update can be from any year just as long as it's from potco. I decided you can also put in test server updates and updates that were going to be released but were dropped. Examples: Ship Of The Line, Rain, and Jolly Roger island.

People who already have keys can't enter the contest: Staff, Key owners. Although staff can enter if they win they will have to provide proof they don't own a key.
------------------------
Rules are:

You can only pick one update in a single post, I ask you to give a release note link you don't have to but it would be helpful. This applies differently then the post limit rule, this rule limits you from posting more than one update at a time in a post so other people get to post. [Note that you can't post more than once for a beta key but you can respond to other peoples posts]

Repeating updates are allowed up to unlimited times max if already posted, although if someone has already posted the same update before you, It's suggested that you provide more description and images or video to get the upper hand.

No posting things that shipped with the original game such as "looting" "sailing" and more.

You will have to provide proof that you don't own a key upon winning.

Use spoilers when posting video or image content.

Anything posted after the end date is invalid

If you already have a key please tell me.

No double posting.

Be nice.
-------------------------
When you write about your update i suggest giving a brief description it gives a stronger chance of winning.

Don't be selfish if you don't win there's always another chance to get a key, Cheer on the winner!

When the winner is announced i'll get in contact with support to change needed details.

------------------------

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely loved the update for more ships! (I think that was an update, I cannot remember entirely) But it was really awesome when they added more ships because it really showed what type of pirate you are whether you want to be a full-out warship, or maybe a small fast ship with decent firepower. I always personally went with the War Sloop :D Anyway thanks for this contest!

Dec 14th 2011
Proof>>
  • "Ship Customization and Upgrades! Loot and plunder all new rare materials from Bounty Hunter and Warships in order to upgrade Medium Class and War Class ships' armor, speed, and cargo hold. Visit any Shipwright to begin your Ship Customization and Upgrade path."
  • Also
  • Upgrades will provide your ship abilities that can be customized to fit your style of play:
    • Upgrade your cargo hull to maximize your plunder.
    • Battle at sea with the latest armor the shipwrights have to offer.
    • Streamline your vessel for speed with the latest sails and rigging.
The Update in customising your own ship with green sails and a picture or black,blue,yellow etc, that showed other pirates who you are as a guild. Also being able to put upgrades on it to make it stronger showed your wealth as a pirate to get a name across to other guilds that "we are the wealthiest and strongest around the sea's".

Experience's: I went onto so many various ships and comparing it to mine with one guy's ship being fully decked out it was just unstoppable in the sea's with his sail's being red and black picture looking like a new fully updated phantom lurking the sea's and then there was my ship a small little boat with little upgrades to it made me want to try get to his level. Hopefully they still have it in the game not to sure since it has been like years since I played but would love to customise it to my Mercy Jane.

Ammo: There was an add to ships where you could shoot like fire balls from your ships ability but was an upgrade to it that was expensive and how everyone had their own play style of fire , phantom etc was pretty cool that saved many pirates lives instead of the casual standard cannon balls.

Last edited:
In October, 2009, the update containing Invasions was released.

The first invasion was so much fun. So many people were all assembled on the beaches of Port Royal, ready to fight off Jolly Roger's skeleton allies. The army of pirates were all shouting and celebrating in anticipation, every teeming with excitement to get stuck in the fight. It was chaotic and it was AMAZING. Despite the fact that my combat skills were lack-luster, other pirates and I would keep on fighting, the jails flooding with people respawning. The other points of attack were faltering, yet they had not fully fallen and they weren't giving up.

Just barely, we managed to scrape by. So many people fighting wave after wave of skeleton, and we prevailed. Those were good times.

I liked all the beautiful stuff they use to add to the game for the holidays that would come around over the years. <3 Though having to buy all those dang outfits every time a holiday would come around was a pain haha. And the temporary outfits was always annoying if you didn't get them before they were gone. :p

No repeating updates if a post already has a certain update don't repeat it.
I feel like this rule will complicate a lot of things. It reduces the options for participants as the end date gets closer. But I think the largest complication is: how will you keep track of who has posted what so far? I'm sure this thread will have multiple pages by the end of the week, and even more by the end date. That's a lot of posts to say "Someone else already said that on page 5, please pick something else" (and same goes for late entrants having to read through every page of this thread to see if something was said already).

Regardless, this is a very kind thing for you to do :)

I feel like this rule will complicate a lot of things. It reduces the options for participants as the end date gets closer. But I think the largest complication is: how will you keep track of who has posted what so far? I'm sure this thread will have multiple pages by the end of the week, and even more by the end date. That's a lot of posts to say "Someone else already said that on page 5, please pick something else" (and same goes for late entrants having to read through every page of this thread to see if something was said already).

Regardless, this is a very kind thing for you to do :)
Yeah, I see where it could go bad I actually was thinking that this would get pretty big, but I wanted each post to be unique, although potco didn't have many content updates so I might restrict it to a certain extent of reposts I was debating on doing this, I'll rethink this rule.

I personally think random would be the most fair way to do it, but it's your contest so I won't tell you what to do haha

I liked when they finally released Raven's Cove. For a while I recall it was shrouded in mist and the closest people would ever go is to fish nearby, but nobody could ever land there, so I was very excited when it was released.

On December 14th 2011 Ship Customization was added. This update brought forth a myriad of content for many pirates, from customizing the hull, and rigging of one's vessel, to embroidering emblems and selecting canvas colors to fly their sails. I feel so strongly about this particular update due to the fact that it brought a greater sense of individualism/uniqueness, sailing style, efficient looting while plundering enemy ships as well as creating a cohesion and incentive among other pirates to take pride in their ship.

This update not only gave a greater sense of purpose for exploring and setting sail on the high seas, but gave even stronger passion to the pirates that yearned to rule it.

latest

My favorite update, which I can't remember for the life of me, was the update when they introduced the wanted radar. Kill a few ships, have others coming after you, similar to the AC4 ocean explorations for trouble! I remember teaming up with the best of the best in my guild, and we'd take War Frigates out in search of trouble sinking many a ship. I can't quite remember, but I think it was the Ship of the Line whom was the toughest of the bounty hunters? Anywho, the best update Disney had to offer in my humble opinion. It took the long days of grinding and made it extremely fun. It was like we were instilled newfound reason to go on pillaging sprees, plunderin' all the booty we could have our fill on until it toppled over the decks of our ships.

Aside from that, personal thanks to the guys in charge of this creation. I'm astounded at the progress you guys have made and I can't wait to see how it all pans out. Good luck out there, and God bless.

My favorite update of all time was the looting update when they added loot pouches, chests, etc...

The update was released April 15th, 2010: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/POTCO_Release_Notes_-_2010 .

I loved it because it added so much more diversity to the game. It allowed players to show off what cool weapons they found. The best part about it was that everyone's inventory was different! At the time, I only had a basic membership (had one for like 4 years, no joke). It was a great update because not only did Unlimited Access pirates benefit, Basic Members also benefited. Being able to use more than one type of sword while having a Basic Membership (back in the day) was AMAZING! Before that update, basic members were only able to use the rusty cutlass (as a sword), nothing more. Though Basic Members only got to use like ten different swords, it was still the best feeling in the world. I will never forget it. My most favorite sword from that update (with the Basic Membership) was the Light Cutlass! It looked SO cool!

My favorite update in POTCO was when bounty hunting and ship materials/brigs were added, when we could customize the color of sails and make our ships much stronger. I never got to see what one material was used for though.
December 14th, 2011
New Features:

• Ship Customization and Upgrades! Loot and plunder all new rare materials from Bounty Hunter and Warships in order to upgrade Medium Class and War Class ships' armor, speed, and cargo hold. Visit any Shipwright to begin your Ship Customization and Upgrade path.
  • Upgrades will provide your ship abilities that can be customized to fit your style of play:
    • Upgrade your cargo hull to maximize your plunder.
    • Battle at sea with the latest armor the shipwrights have to offer.
    • Streamline your vessel for speed with the latest sails and rigging.
  • Personalize Medium Class and War Class ships with brand new sail colors, patterns, and emblems.
  • Face off against enemy fleets in the brand new Pirate ship type, the BRIG - also customizable!
  • All Light Hull class ships now made available to Basic Access Pirates - including the Light Frigate and the new Light Brig! (Me) (Lol)
I know there is probably no way I'm winning this, but I still would love to share how much I loved this update. I would go out with my brig, faster than most, and I learned to manouver really well, avoiding the hits of many ships, even gathering a regular crew! I do remember "maxing" my brig, and i had so much fun with it. It took me on many adventures, such as fighting those big war ships, or the QAR, or generally having fun looting! All in all, the was one of my favorite updates. Have a nice day guys, so happy beta is out soon yay!!

My favorite update was when they changed the layout of port royal. Used to be a big hill leading up to the actual fort, where you then walked in, and the size and locations of the town changed. Don't remember exactly, but I remember everything being kind of clumped next to the shore.

Either that or when they added the ETC! :D
Put so much more variety into the game, not fighting just the same red coat over and over again :3

My favorite update of all time was the entire Raven's Cove update in September of 2010.

Here are the original release notes:

• The Raven's Cove Story Quest is now available! If you are a Pirate with Notoriety Level 30 or above, visit Jack Sparrow on Tortuga in the Faithful Bride to embark on this new journey
  • 30 New Cursed Blade loot drops, including 5 new Legendary Cursed Blades (can only be found after completing Raven's Cove Story Quest)
  • New Enemy Types (Ghosts and Firebats!)

This update gave pirates tons more motivation to loot and level up, unlocking a new island and new enemies once they reached level 30, and the motivation to loot as much as possible to get the new famed cursed & legendary cursed weapons. Personally, I remember ever since this update my favorite thing to do was loot the mines to try to loot cursed weapons, I remember staying up till 3AM some nights, looting in El Patron's mines.

The never ending search (for most of us) to find all the legendary and famed cursed weapons occupied us and gave us motivation to keep playing the game for years, and we all kept searching until the game closed.

My favorite update was the one that included the first muertos moon, where all the pirates were able to fight each other on normal islands. It was so immersive to me way back when. (i know it's an event but it was also an update right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back