BETA is Open! Share your Adventures!

Punkin Pie

Pirate Lord
:piratedance: Congratulations TLOPO on going BETA! :cheers:

Now that TLOPO has gone BETA, how about sharing the fun you had?

What did you get to do? Post screens or tell us your adventures so other Pirates that haven't gotten to set sail yet can look forward to joining you!

It's also encouraging for the TLOPO team to see what is working well and what kind of fun we all had so far!

(There is a separate thread for Crashes/Bugs and Glitches https://piratesforums.co/threads/megathread-beta-open-report-crashes-bugs-glitches-here.14591/ so please keep that stuff on that thread)

So, What did ya do mateys? :buds:

https://www.twitch.tv/undead_ramen/v/106406818

There's a video, starting with character creation, and going through the first couple of quests.

It's also got some crashes in it, and probably weird footage of me 'swimming' through the island, lol. It was a cute glitch, though, and didn't make me crash.

I really loved what was done so far, I missed playing this game so much! I'll do screencaps later tonight or tomorrow, I think. I had such a great time remembering how much fun this game was, tonight. I am so looking forward to meeting all of you in game and fighting alongside you guys!

Waiting for game to open up.. Called it 14 minutes ago, but still waiting for launcher to get the memo :p

1:52 left lol
11.png

THEY KEPT OUR FREAKING MOOD ROCK!!! I think I've asked them to keep it on 5 different threads and boom. They kept it. It's small but.. It just makes TLOPO that much more "ours" in a sense. Not just a recreation. The mood rocks means something to me man! Also loved enemy ships not shooting me #lootingmadeeasy. Halla.

In this awesome bugged up adventure in TLOPO, old memories flooded my brain. I instantly wanted to hop on a ship and plunder some ships. I wanted to hear that song, "The Medallion Calls" again. I started off with my light sloop, then progressed to a light galleon, light frigate, and finally to the light brig. I reached level 5 sailing just as my play time ended. Otherwise I'd be sailing one of them frigates or brigs. I also yearned to throw some knives around. Ye all remember those daggers, eh? I didn't get the chance to get those, but hopefully I will soon. I'll definitely have to look out for a beta key. This is not a game you can just play once.... Aside from all the bugs, it's still definitely worth it. To be able to hear once again that howling wind, see that ocean blue, plunder that rising phantom, hack down some navy cadets, or shoot up some crabs as well as Barbara's monkey, is definitely worth it. Every minute, they're calling your name. The pirates are back. The Medallion is calling. The Royal Navy is quailing with every pirate, the undead are rising. The red ghost of Ravens cove sees you. How could you pass up this opportunity? It's impossible to. I loved every minute of my luscious adventure.

In this awesome bugged up adventure in TLOPO, old memories flooded my brain. I instantly wanted to hop on a ship and plunder some ships. I wanted to hear that song, "The Medallion Calls" again. I started off with my light sloop, then progressed to a light galleon, light frigate, and finally to the light brig. I reached level 5 sailing just as my play time ended.
Could have uh *snickers* killed a laggy man-o-war and hit 20 in 5 minutes. :p

Could have uh *snickers* killed a laggy man-o-war and hit 20 in 5 minutes. :p

Nope. Couldn't level that fast. I only got to lvl 6 myself. That was in about 1.5 hours. I lost some time due to maintenance and other issues. You could kill a man-o-war. Probably wouldn't shoot back unless you sit next to it for 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Could level that fast. I only got to lvl 6 myself. That was in about 1.5 hours. I lost some time due to maintenance and other issues. You could kill a man-o-war. Probably wouldn't shoot back unless you sit next to it for 5 minutes.
Indeed hehehe. I got in, maybe an hour between bugs and maintenance. :p

So today I got the honor of being able to play for 3 hours.

I was just staring at my pirate for a good 45 minutes and jumping around haha. After that I did my first few quests, got my light sloop and named it Yellow Dancer because I was listening to Yellow by Coldplay.

Then I went to Tortuga and bought some clothes. And I just ran around Tortuga and repairing ships for gold for the remainder of my time. I look forward to more time in the future to play more!

I scheduled my playtime at 4PM, but I forgot my family was going to go out for dinner at 3:30PM. I didn't get to play today, but hopefully I can get on tomorrow!

I played TLOPO with a friend of mine, I had played POTCO a while back but never could enjoy unlimited access because I lived in Europe. My mate had never played POTCO so the experience was all new to him. While we crashed and encountered bugs a lot we still did have a good time all those 3 hours, he seems to be looking forward for future gametimes :) We named our characters after some pirate-related inside jokes and hope that they're approved by the next time we log in. We got to the voodoo doll quest before our playtime ended. The game is great outside of the crashes! Thanks a lot for the development and good luck! :piratedance:

Everything seemed to work good except enemy ships at sea. Land combat and looting has been enjoyable except the enemy Ai are a little stupid and tend to be fixed in Position. When they do move to come at you they stop and then wait a while to come after you again. So using guns is a bit like cheating. I would like to do a lot of sea combat but its just not the same with broadsides not working when you are sailing slower than 4 knots and enemy ships just not fighting back.

You know, besides all of the bugs and crashing, it feels amazing to be back in the game. When I saw that Beta opened yesterday, I instantly logged in. I instantly felt 9 years old again and there was no better feeling. Massive props to the entire production team for making this possible. I am glad to be a pirate once again :)

There are indeed the unavoidable bugs and crashing, but all in all I've had a great time so far in Beta! Very nostalgic to shoot the monkey of Barbossa :bang: and fight on the land. Tomorrow I've got a new playtime reserved, can't wait for it to set sail again :pirate:!

Back