Guide Beta Key 101

Hmm... They can be acquired through land loot? What tier loot?
They appear like this in loot, once you click on it it'll be added to your account.
screenshot_2016-12-20_23-23-46.jpg

is it still possible to find a beta key in loot with a time slot or was that only for a limited time?

"What are Beta Keys?"
A beta key is a 16 character code that will allow you to play TLOPO without having to reserve a time slot. The 16 characters of the key will be made up of a random selection of letters A-F and numbers 0-9. The key will be separated into 4 sections as shown below.

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

"How do I get a Beta Key?"
1. Beta keys can be found in-game! They can be acquired through digging or found in land loot. They can not be found in sea loot. If you find a key, visit your "Account" page on the TLOPO website and click on the "Earned Keys" tab to view the key. Below are pictures of what you'll see in-game if you find a beta key.

Digging
1lIYgK3.png

Land Loot
Q4PjInf.png

2. The TLOPO Community Chat (IRC) may randomly host a trivia game. The trivia questions will test your knowledge of POTCO, so study up! Your reward could be a beta key! The contests will be hosted by a TLOPO official, who is marked with an "@" sign in front of their username.

For further information on the IRC please click here. Also be sure to check out the Community Guidelines before entering the IRC. As of 5/25, it was announced all users must authenticate in order to use the IRC. If you need help authenticating click here.
(NOTE: Please do not beg for keys, as it may result in you being banned from the IRC.)

3. Beta keys may be awarded through contests. Any information regarding contests will be on the TLOPO website.

4. Beta keys could be given away though TLOPO's social media, or right here on the forums!

"How do I use my Beta Key?"
  • First, sail over to the TLOPO website and login.
  • Once you're logged in you'll want to view your account information.
  • There will be two spaces regarding keys:
  1. The first space simply tells whether or not there is a key added to your account.
  2. The second space is where you will enter your beta key & add it to your account.
s7MB1PC.png
  • Once that "No" is changed to "Yes," you will be able to play TLOPO without time slots!
"Why do I need a Beta Key to play TLOPO whenever I want?"
TLOPO is currently in a very early stage of development. Limiting the number of players allowed in the game helps the development team to more accurately do their work. If everyone was allowed unrestricted access to the game it could create issues that would only slow down this whole process. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why does it say my beta key is invalid?
A: The beta key has already been used by someone else.

Q: Can more than one person use a beta key?
A: No, only one person can use a beta key.

Q: Can I get a key for my friend/family member?
A: Yes, one or two is fine but please do not hoard keys. Give others a chance to use them.

Q: Can I buy a beta key?
A: No. Anyone offering beta keys in exchange for money, or other forms of payment, should not be trusted.

Q: Is there a set date for beta to become open (key-less)?
A: No. Any information regarding the opening of beta will be posted on the TLOPO website.

Q: Will my alpha key transfer into a beta key?
A: Yes. All accounts accredited with an alpha key will retain unrestricted access to beta once it is available.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Suggestions for this post are welcome as well.

:thumbsup:
Thank you much for the info ....

It's very time consuming to find any keys it seems. Only if your lucky you might get one. I mean theirs only 3 dropped per 2 hours and most likely their gone within 30 mins. Wish they dropped more keys then just three. :knockout:

It's very time consuming to find any keys it seems. Only if your lucky you might get one. I mean theirs only 3 dropped per 2 hours and most likely their gone within 30 mins. Wish they dropped more keys then just three. :knockout:
You can also find keys through loot on land, I'm not sure if that's factored into the 3 dropped per 2 hours, but maybe that will increase your odds :)

You can also find keys through loot on land, I'm not sure if that's factored into the 3 dropped per 2 hours, but maybe that will increase your odds :)
If that's true that's amazing, I'd definitely spend my time slots on killing land stuff then. Do you know if anyone can confirm this?

Yes it seems that exact way ..gee wish i was lucky enough to get one lol i've played the game for many years befor they closed it down ,,it terrible they only give you 3 hours to play and it stucks somtimes or i get Dc'ed once but i still love the game just wish i can play longer 3 hours to me us like giving it to aittle kid ,im a grown adult and there for we who are grown adults should be able to pkay when we want to ...thank you for the info i do appreciate it... :)

Well, this was a relief to see.
I was scared beta keys could only be obtained via. contests, quizzes, events, or raffles.

Time to start digging. Sorry if I leave giant dirt mounds all over the place.

Back