Beta Key Contest [NOW CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanH

Pirate
Hi everybody!

I was recently given a TLOPO beta key that I'd like to give back to the community in a positive way! I'm hosting a Beta Key Contest that will last until Friday, August 18th @ 11:59am PST!

HOW TO ENTER
  • Simply leave a comment recounting a time that you went out of your way to help someone in the TLOPO community! This can either be in-game, here on Pirates Forums, social media, etc.
  • You may still enter even if you already have a beta key attached to your account! However, I do ask that the winner not sit on the key for more than a few days--give it to someone who needs it or give it back to the community in a way you see fit!
I'll be selecting a winner on Friday afternoon based on how much your story melts my heart so be detailed (7 sentences max please)!

Why this kind of contest?
I really want to spread positivity in this community. I'm hoping that by reading the selfless acts other pirates have done, it will inspire more to do the same. Who knows? That level 5 you take sailing may end up being your crew mate for life! :)

Several times I've let people scared to sail take my ship, and I teach them how to read hunters (preferred sides etc), and how to deal with the different kinds of ships (regular ships, hunters, warships, The Big Four ships and how to treat them) etc.

Basically teaching people how to sail!

I won a key in the same competition as you. I'd probably just host another competition myself - that's what I did in other games. Probably just shouldn't pick me or we'll end up in a silly chain of beta key competitions. Edit: I do have an idea though... hmm...

Last edited:
As many other helpful souls in this community I have helped others as much as I can on the forums and in TLOPO.
If I don't know the answer on forums I will try and find a thread that could help them out and in game I have taken people out on sea to sink ships they need for quests, help repairing their ships while they level sailing, heal them on land or show them where a NPC character is when the quest light is not working. So to recall a particular one is not easy.
I like spreading positivity too so Ty for this and good luck to all participants:)

As a budding barely above level 20 pirate, I don't think I really had much opportunities to meaningfully help any others, beyond the perfunctory repairs or revivals that we all perform. I think the only time I've really been able help so far was a series of posts on this thread:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/strongest-upgrade-for-a-warbrig.21205/page-3#post-293036

Never thought my Math degree would ever come in handy, not least on an MMO forum! Regardless, I am just getting started in this community, so I cannot wait to contribute in what little ways I can.

Thank you for hosting this competition!

As a budding barely above level 20 pirate, I don't think I really had much opportunities to meaningfully help any others, beyond the perfunctory repairs or revivals that we all perform. I think the only time I've really been able help so far was a series of posts on this thread:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/strongest-upgrade-for-a-warbrig.21205/page-3#post-293036

Never thought my Math degree would ever come in handy, not least on an MMO forum! Regardless, I am just getting started in this community, so I cannot wait to contribute in what little ways I can.

Thank you for hosting this competition!
I totally vote for this guy.

I'm not biased or anything, either. It's not like I was there for that! Nope! Not even a little bit! /s

About a week ago, one of my guild members had a glitch where she couldn't sail. She really wanted to go to Isla Tormenta and I was only looting at Darkheart, the usual for me. After hearing about her dilemma, I immediately sailed to Isla Tormenta because I figured if I was in the same shoes, I would hope someone would do the same for me.

Good luck to the rest of the contestants! :D

Last edited:
Once I helped a lower level sink EITC Corvette's. I added him and leveled him a little bit.
Thank you for giving me a chance for this key and good luck everyone!

I already have a key, so if my name is drawn, redraw it, I just wanna brag about helping! :3 Whenever a guildie asks for help, I usually arrive to help in under a minute, if I don't drop everything right then and there. I will also help random people, like when there's a KO... I will always attempt to revive them... though I joke around with my friends while I revive them lol. I was recently helping a friend level, and now they are a higher level than me! So unfair, imo!

Also, if anyone sees me, Andromidus, and need help, feel free to ask :3

i play without key :( the good side of that is i help my friends and others in fleet , leveling skills and more good luck everyone and sail safe

I'm just passing on the kindness that was shown to me,

Back in the very very early days of Potco, I hated sailing, I had a light galleon at most and was like level 5 sailing or lower. The idea of captaining a ship and crew kind of scared me haha, until a pirate by the name of Bill Ironskull, was signing off and asked me if I wanted to sail his ship big ole ship. Since that moment I've loved every minute of being on the seas.

Now, every time I'm out sailing and before I sign off, I find someone in my crew and offer them my best warship for them to use. It doesn't matter if I log back in and it needs some crazy repairs! Or its sunk completely, just knowing I gave someone who might have low interest in sailing a shot, and to make them feel special, that's everything.

It's something small but it might change them a lot in the long-run! It did for me.

I love the idea of infusing more caring and positive vibes into the community! So seriously, thank you for your generosity and wanting to give back :)

One time when I was sailing, someone came on my ship that needed help leveling sailing, so I let him take the wheel while I disabled the sails. He leveled up twice on that run.

I once stumbled upon a level 5 not too long on tlopo. They had never played potco, and were a complete brand new player to the tlopo community. They had no idea where anything was, or where to find anything. I took them under my wing, helped them with their quests, helped them level, even went out of my way while I was looting or leveling myself and launched a war sloop to help them find ships for their quests, since I know where almost everything is. They're now level 20, know their stuff to a degree, and I see more potential in them that I made them my co-guildmaster while I build up the guild and they progress further into the mmo, and I hope to keep them as my co-guildmaster, because they remind me of all the times I remember of having just started out on potco.

On a side-note, I often check my friends list to make sure everybody is alive, and if I see somebody with no health, I teleport on instinct, to make sure their okay, or that they will be. I also often let people sail my war ships, to level up.

Last edited:
Choosing a single story would be a lot like trying to pick your favorite dollar bill. While they all have the same value, some are crinkled and torn, others are fresher and new, yet all are of equal worth. The best story I can think of is quite simply opening my ship to the public, and watching all the newer players join. Many of these are trying to gain his or her cannon levels, while others want to get it rich. I didn't quite know how much it meant that a higher notoriety player was helping, until we ported after about an hours worth of destroying ships (This was prior to the addition of hunters and warships). As we appeared on Cuba (One of the players had requested to be dropped at Cuba for a quest) I got a message from every single player who was on my ship, thanking me for doing the small task of sailing around a bunch of newer players. It's nothing big, but it certainly meant the most to me. Usually people will get on the ship, and then not say a word when you port, but this group all went out of their way to thank me, which really made it memorable.

Well Lets See if I can let ya know what I did to help out in the TLOPO, I always try and help any and everybody I come across in the Game because i used to run a Guild and was in several in my time on Pirate of the Caribbean. I am a helpful Pirate. I would help leveling pirates from low levels to high levels. I got to know a lot of some of the players in real life . I would show them how to use there weapons, ships and where to find the different elements for there questing! I am always ready to drop what I am doing and help a fellow Pirate! If i am in a crew I always put the whope of the crew first above my own needs to better perform tasks such as repairs to ships, firing, and over all experience with my fellow pirates to get the most out of the Game!
My Pirates Names are Peter Wolvesbane, and Captain Peter Wolvesbane.

Winner has been notified! Again, you're all amazing pirates and I wish there were more people like you in-game! Thank you for sharing your stories--it has truly made me appreciate the community that we're all a part of!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back