Beta Key stories?

Rucksack2016

Buccaneer
So I am just curious as to hearing stories as to how people found their beta keys. Feel free to exaggerate a bit after all no good pirate story is complete without a little fancy wording. Anyways here is mine,

It was a night of renewing play slots, questing, looting and raiding. I found myself deep in the depths of the Wild Woods slaying every enemy that spawned. I was around 16 turned 17 It was late and well past the witching hour. On my way to turn a quest in on Tortuga I decided to stop and dig a hole before I went. To my surprise there it was! Under that soil was the prize I had sought for so long. Me head hit me desk when I finally found that Beta Key. I had probably defeated a hundred or so enemies in the last 8 hours with hour or so breaks of course and then the one hole I chose to dig be that elusive treasure I have been looking for.

Last edited:
All 4 of the ones I found are from loot. They were all so unexpected, every time I got one I didnt expect one. It's truly fascinating how the world works with you.

I recently just found one from a Killer Wasp on Rumrunner while doing a quest! After getting it I went to my "earned keys" and realized I already had one from sailing or something.

I was given mine for helping the TLOPO staff with support for about 2 months back in January 2016...lucky me?

I found two Beta Keys on accident. The first one I was just running around and wanted to try and dig up chests. The very first spot I went to, I dug up a chest with a Beta Key in it. The next one I was leveling in the Port Royal Graveyard and one of the skeletons dropped a Loot Pouch with a Beta Key in it. Strange isn't it, when you go to look for something specific it's harder to get it, but if you aren't looking for something, you end up getting what you weren't looking for a lot faster.

All 4 of the ones I found are from loot. They were all so unexpected, every time I got one I didnt expect one. It's truly fascinating how the world works with you.
Wish I had a beta key. They should stop pirates from obtaining more then one Key in the game because it seems a little unfair due to beta keys being limited and all :)

So I am just curious as to hearing stories as to how people found their beta keys. Feel free to exaggerate a bit after all no good pirate story is complete without a little fancy wording. Anyways here is mine,

It was a night of renewing play slots, questing, looting and raiding. I found myself deep in the depths of the Wild Woods slaying every enemy that spawned. I was around 16 turned 17 It was late and well past the witching hour. On my way to turn a quest in on Tortuga I decided to stop and dig a hole before I went. To my surprise there it was! Under that soil was the prize I had sought for so long. Me head hit me desk when I finally found that Beta Key. I had probably defeated a hundred or so enemies in the last 8 hours with hour or so breaks of course and then the one hole I chose to dig be that elusive treasure I have been looking for.
Hey man I love your postings & want to ask if ya know if its still possible to farm for beta keys.

I found two Beta Keys on accident. The first one I was just running around and wanted to try and dig up chests. The very first spot I went to, I dug up a chest with a Beta Key in it. The next one I was leveling in the Port Royal Graveyard and one of the skeletons dropped a Loot Pouch with a Beta Key in it. Strange isn't it, when you go to look for something specific it's harder to get it, but if you aren't looking for something, you end up getting what you weren't looking for a lot faster.
I wonder how many keys there are in game.

Back