Beta Keys and IRC

Sheep

Pirate
Hey guys, kinda a dumb question but I'm having trouble finding a solid answer. I was just curious as to how to obtain beta keys outside of the random IRC contests (what threads to check, where to check, etc.). Also, about the IRC, whenever I go to login to it, it just remains on loading... If anyone would be able to direct me to a method to get around this so I can actually join the IRC and participate that would be swell, or if they could just tell me how that would be awesome too.

Super excited to back on the seas,
Sheep

To get into the IRC, you need to authenticate. To be able to do that, you need an account for gamesurge or whatever it is. The authentication command goes as follows: /authserv auth name password
As to the beta keys outside of the IRC, there are contests randomly held on the forums, under the subsection "Site News and Updates". Trivia contests for keys in the IRC have not happened since July 4th.

Hey guys, kinda a dumb question but I'm having trouble finding a solid answer. I was just curious as to how to obtain beta keys outside of the random IRC contests (what threads to check, where to check, etc.). Also, about the IRC, whenever I go to login to it, it just remains on loading... If anyone would be able to direct me to a method to get around this so I can actually join the IRC and participate that would be swell, or if they could just tell me how that would be awesome too.

Super excited to back on the seas,
Sheep
Hey Sheep!
Make sure once you've completed the command /authserv auth name password - you join the actual TLOPO server. You do so by performing the
/join #tlopo command. I hope this'll help!

See you in IRC!

Cross Creed

Back