Birthday Bonuses

I think it would be neat and unique.. but then I wonder if people would be able to change their DOB to get bonuses more often? :S

I can see it now... User A makes 366 separate accounts, to get b'day bonus each and every day of the year, INCLUDING leap years! :birthday:

well if the use wants to log into them every day and not be able to use any of the stuff but the stuff the user gets on the user main account then i question the user thinking...

well if the use wants to log into them every day and not be able to use any of the stuff but the stuff the user gets on the user main account then i question the user thinking...
If we were to add trading and the bonus stuff is tradeable, then the main account could be loaded up with as many goodies as it can hold by trading each day with the current birthday account?

If we were to add trading and the bonus stuff is tradeable, then the main account could be loaded up with as many goodies as it can hold by trading each day with the current birthday account?

hm..then easy fix!

"Happy brithday! you have [item name here: this time it linked to your pirate now!] so only that pirate can use it

I like it. We will call it the "no re-gifting" feature. LOL
or it doesnt have to be an item, could just be exp boost or damage boost for that day, but then again it would be boring not getting something you can keep forever like gold/item so yeah non-"tradeable" items would work (if there is trading even c:) but of course this would come way after tlopo is finished if at all

Make it 1-2 days of double XP if it happens. That way trading can be safely introduced, can't trade levels! :p

Make it 1-2 days of double XP if it happens. That way trading can be safely introduced, can't trade levels! :p
Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up there, mate. When Jack's Brew was introduced, it gave one hour of double XP. That was insane. I don't wanna see 24-48 hours of double XP.

What if the birthday gift was a birthday hat of sorts that each year had a specific color. like 2016 blue hat, 2017 red hat, 2018 green hat. something that could also show a bit of longevity for the players that have been around for awhile. Just a thought.

What if the birthday gift was a birthday hat of sorts that each year had a specific color. like 2016 blue hat, 2017 red hat, 2018 green hat. something that could also show a bit of longevity for the players that have been around for awhile. Just a thought.
How about birthday outfits, one design for a year and when a pirates birthday comes around they are awarded it, or maybe a quest line to get the items. Every year they change, so they continue to show longevity, but in a more complete way. and yeah i know years ahead is a far time to be thinking about, but this community is just going to get bigger so why not think ahead.

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up there, mate. When Jack's Brew was introduced, it gave one hour of double XP. That was insane. I don't wanna see 24-48 hours of double XP.
Meh... A of games with similar leveling have a full day.1 day of 2x xp a year doesn't seem game breaking....

Personally I would lean toward a 24-hour 2x XP reward for your birthday, IF that feature was ever incorporated. Your birthday lasts a whole day after all, not just a matter of hour(s). This also a) decouples birthday reward from trading, which also may or may not ever see the light of day , b) is a reasonable bonus for a once-a-year event, and c) is "fair" to all since everyone has one birthday once per year.

i wouldnt really want a hat because there are a lot of hats for events already and what if you dont like the hat? and you want to wear another one? you cant really show how long you have been on the game

Back