Discussion Bitcoin mining malware.

You'd notice that when you run a miner your GPU activity spikes up rapidly. And TLOPO isn't much of a high demanding game. So you'd notice right away.
It may not be a high demanding game, but that's not enough to determine. What if I write a crappy game engine, and made you use it? What if your PC struggles with the 2D game you made in that engine? You would get spikes in the activity and it would take up too much memory too.

I'm trying to be objective and not completely throw alternatives out the window, since my PC, which has no problem running Dying Light, GTA V, Lords Of the Fallen, The Surge and many high demanding games at either high or very high settings, sometimes lags with TLOPO. I'm not saying the reason is a miner running, it could be the engine not being optimized enough or has bugs.

Edit:
Your concerns are valid, but this team has too much to lose. Beyond the inevitable Disney lawsuit their work would go down the drain immediately. Sounds like a bad time.
And how would Disney know if the TLOPO team has embedded a miner? They wouldn't. Disney's teams don't really sit all day in their offices monitoring what other people do in their free time.

Back